Curtis's Support Team Application

Curtis

Curtis for Support Team?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Curtis be a part of the Support Team?

• Yes
    • No

• Manager

In-Game Name:
Curtis

Steam Name:
[GL] Curtis

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:154342364

What is your discord username:
TurtTurt#4725

What is your staff rank in Gaminglight?
Senior Moderator on SCP-RP.

How often are you on Teamspeak?
Monday - Thursday usually from around 9AM - 11 AM to 11 pm -3 AM.
Friday - Sunday usually a lot less due to the fact I work 12-hour shifts on weekends. I would say one hour maybe on TS during my workdays. 

How often do you use Discord?
Very often, basically from when I wake up to when I go to sleep, however I do not talk much on the GL Discords. 

Why would you like to be a member of the Support Team? (150 word minimum)? 

I care for the user, currently I am a supervisor in my real-world job that manages a group of 83 amazing individuals, I work in customer service as it is at an Airport, I am quick thinking on my feet, and I get the job done correctly, but efficiently, I do my best to not hold anyone up for any reason, and I am very reasonable when it comes to people yelling at me. I love helping individuals have a better day, I enjoy talking with people, and I don't think of my job as a job, for me it is a hobby, helping people out is something I love to do, and I feel like adding me to the team would help benefit the User experience. I am also a very responsive individual, if I get a message, I will almost always immediately respond to it. Another thing is, I am currently a Senior Moderator on SCP-RP for the second time. I was a Senior Moderator back I think it was 2020 before I resigned. 

Why should we trust you to become a member of the Support Team? 
You should trust me as a member of the Support Team because, ever since I started in the Community, I have never received a warning, a ban, or even close to a mute or gag, nor have I had a player/staff report against me (To my knowledge). Have I done things I regret doing in the past yes, but that happens to just about everyone. Another thing is as stated in my why I want to be a part of the Support Team, this is my second time around becoming a Senior Moderator on SCP-RP. I am currently a LTCOL in the branch of Epsilon-11 and I do my best to go above and beyond for the command members in Epsilon-11, and the branch in itself. Another thing is I am very open, if I made a mistake I will admit to my mistake. 

Now I can go on and on about how good I am, however, there are always some cons that follow. One is I do have history here; it may not be the best history, I still do have good history on the server, but a lot of people just remember the bad. Another one that is not necessarily a con, but it is in the support world is that I have dyslexia, so sometime reading, and writing can be a bit more difficult for me, but I do my best to do it efficiently, and effectively. Lastly, I feel like the biggest con of it all is that I just came back to the community, I got off my E-11 Reserves from VCMDR on 1/22/23 I am currently a LTCOL in E-11. 

How would you greet someone that has a problem in one of our tickets, or support channels? 

This is dependent on if they have addressed the problem or not.

If they have not addressed the problem yet I would say, "Hello, my name is Curtis, I am with the Gaminglight Support Team, I will be assisting you today, what may the problem be? Once they tell me the problem, I would either guide them how to do it or type out the steps to get the resolution they have out." If I am unable to help them, I would say, "Give me one second while I get the answer for you.

If they have told me the problem already, I would begin with "Hello, my name is Curtis, I am with the Gaminglight Support Team, I will be assisting you today, and I have the solution to your problem. Then type out the response for the issue. " Same thing if I do not know the answer, I would still introduce myself and I would let them know give me one second while I get the answer for you. 

PLEASE NOTE! 
I have applied for support in the past, I was accepted once, but I could never find someone to train me, then the second time I was denied, if you do look at past support applications and have any questions, I would be more than happy to address them. Feel free to DM me with any questions or concerns! Both of my previous applications are linked below.

My second app Was Pending then I decided to resign from the community on August 21st, 2020. Then on August 31st it was Denied. 

Edited by Curtis
Format Changes.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

+support

Active in discord, Very responsive

• Thanks 1

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

On 2/27/2023 at 5:43 AM, Banna-Bred said:

+support

I trust Curtis for multiple reasons, such as always being there, being knowledgeable, and being an all around good person. 

He is great staff and I hope the best for the rest of your staffing journey with gaminglight.

• Bon locked this topic
  • Bon unlocked this topic

Accepted!

Please speak to a Support Supervisor or the Head of Support within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!
If you have any questions, please message #Bon1922 to determine next steps.

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

• Bon locked this topic