1. What is your in-game name?: Laki
2. What is your steam name?: VP!van persie
3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:570799005
4. What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Laki#8267
5. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I don't have any personal experience, but I was in sits where I helped some admins and I believe that's something, I just want to help other peoples because sometimes admins just don't have answer on everything and I want to change that.
6. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) 7/1/22
7. What date did you make your forums account? 31 July
8. How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 0
9. What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Bronze, I have in plans to buy silver.
10. Are you a staff member in another community? No.
11. Have you read the staff handbook? Yes I have.
12. Timezone: Central European, GMT +1
13. What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator
14. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I believe that this rank help us to get some experience we need to, and I think we need more staff on server. I'm a command in Chaos Insurgency and there were some problems I needed to handle with so that's some kind of experience for me, because there is no much admins at that time when I'm playing and that means I need to deal with that by myself and that means I would probably have good morning activity. Besides G Mod, I was owner of some servers at other games, like CS 1.6 which is similar to this, and I know how to respect players, how to be calm at some moments and how to react in hard situations, I know for you guys maybe it's not the same but respect is respect, mindset is same. I think there are some good admins/moderators who will help me in some situations like Giga, with good morning activity and other guys like lovelock, etc. I will try my best to help server like I'm trying to help CI.
Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions.
Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
I would as first check log to check is that true, I need some evidence and if it's true I would give him a warn because of Mass RDMing, but if he's low level/new on the server it should be just verbal , because probably he don't know good motd and everything and I would explain to him what to do, if he starts cursing me I would gag him and the next thing I would is calling a +Senior Mod if they are active, if they says "yes I'm active" I would bring them and calm down the situation.
Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?
As first I would gag the most toxic guy and try to calm down everybody else, after that I would ask them to start from beginning, if that isn't working, I would call someone to help me out. If they just don't want to calm down, the last thing I would do is to send them forum link and tell them to report player in there with video and close the sit.
Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
I would call Senior-Mod + to help me, ask him about his opinion, like if he thinks player doesn't deserve punishment it would be just warn for NITrp, if S-mod + thinks different I would ask him for his opinion how to deal with this.
Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
As firs I would ask the player who reported and a player who abused bug to send me videos, any kind of evidence, if no body of them don't have a video, I would ask Mod+ to spectate him, if he repeat what he done I'll just call a sit and tell him he is warned because of abusing bug's.