Gov shield rules suggestion - Denied

David

What you want to see? - I would like to see there be a new rule for the server. It could be written as something like this: 

"2-) Government

• You cannot use your shield to run, sprint, or jump backwards against gun fire."

Why should we add it? - Awhile ago there was an unwritten rule within most departments that said along the lines that you cannot bhop or run backwards with a shield. If you did this you would have been demoted. I think it should be a server rule because it is un realistic that you would sprint backwards with a heavy shield and its unfair to crim players when the last gov alive runs away with a shield.

What are the advantages of having this? - I have noticed that SMT has been pushing for more realistic mechanics on the server ex: at 25% you move slower, and so the advantage is that my suggestion will push for more realistic combat. It is also unfair to me that if crim has won the fight except for one guy sprinting and jumping backwards with a shield is still alive and gets away.

Who is it mainly for? - Government players

Links to any content -

Edited by Joe Schmoe
Missed some grammar errors

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

-support

I believe that this would be making things more realistic. But, you also need to realize that gov low ranks are only allowed to have bad guns and we don't have a choice to get better guns. Unless gov is going to get better guns then it isn't fair that you guys get to use the termanater and we only get to use a hard to aim gun. 

• Dislike 1

PD MSGT, Ex D5 SFTO MSGT

Im back

+Support

I remember back in the day you would get in a lot of trouble for doing this within certain departments. Not sure about anymore though. I still think it is unrealistic to chase someone forever trying to kill them while they bunny hop backwards with a shield.

leading into them getting more and more units to respond. I personally think the officer shouldn’t try to engage suspects until they feel they have enough officers to be ready to handle the situation.

• Like 1

trumpo_signature.png

+Support

MOTD States: "1 form of FailRP is rushing with a riot shield to hit a criminal with a weapon."

This is the only rule in the MOTD that I have found in regards to 'Shield rushing'. I feel that this is already considered 'FaiLRP' from a staff perspective if this was a ticket but it  should be made more clear in the MOTD.

Edited by Nick Hunter
  • Like 1

Sergeant Major Nick Hunter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Private Drexus

Rockford Police Department - Badge 1A91                                                                                                                                                                                                         Shock Security Battalion - Badge SK091

1 minute ago, [GL] #BeHappy said:

-suport

If that's the case then crims can't jump while shooting a negev. 

I actually hate it when that happens. Make a post and I will support it.

p.s. I see gov do it too.

Edited by Joe Schmoe
added p.s.
  • Dislike 1

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

-Support on the rule change but +Support for the moving slower with the shield out

-No need to make it a rule as it is up to each department on how they allow their players to use their gov equipment

-If this would be made a rule in the name of realism there would be endless other suggestions to make crim more realistic such as jumping with the negev etc. Just a never ending slope for the sake of realism  

Retired FBI Director|$2,000Donator gang|UMC LVL 4

1 hour ago, [GL] #BeHappy said:

-suport

If that's the case then crims can't jump while shooting a negev. 

Yea the thing is it’s like crim has better guns all we have is armour. It’s also been some tac dept sops and it’s been removed from what I know .

SYP SM | SRT SGT EMS EMT

What i used to be
PD LT | Swat SPC

-Support on the rule change but +Support for the moving slower with the shield out

-No need to make it a rule as it is up to each department on how they allow their players to use their gov equipment

-If this would be made a rule in the name of realism there would be endless other suggestions to make crim more realistic such as jumping with the negev etc. Just a never ending slope for the sake of realism  

i dont care GIF 

4 hours ago, Lime King said:

The Bad UPS Driver

image.png.e14ace7d701c451c0029ae8c60b128b3.png