Will's Forums Diplomat Application

oofWill

In-Game Name: Will

Steam Name: [GL]Will

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:236584067

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? SCP-RP Senior Moderator

How often are you online on the forums? 24/7, whenever my computer is on im looking at forums while waiting nlr/ other down times.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? I believe that I am qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat, because I am very reasonable. I am not too lenient or too harsh when it comes to decision making. I am well educated on the MOTD and forums rules. I believe I would fit like a glove in this position. I have good reputation with the community and heavily invested in staffing. Forums Diplomat appeals to me because it will make me spend more time on the forums which I would like to do. It would also help my forums activity due to me having to look at most posts. I don't have a ton of posts compared to other applicants, but I do intend to keep that number going up. Im very active in game as well, which can help in decision making when it comes to for example a warn appeal, theres some people that just slip up time to time and don't deserve a warn as they have a clear record. Nobodys perfect, I won't be perfect for this job, but no one will. I will put tons of  effort into this position and keep up my current status in all departments.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I would argue that I have very good judgement, as I stated before, I am not too lenient or too harsh. I would do what is best for the community as a whole keeping personal bias out of it as I do with my staffing. I haven't had any of these hard decisions that I can remember so that would be an N/A, but I am sure I would figure it out/learn to move my decision making strategys to another level.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

First, I would mute this player (assuming I am able to) then delete any unnecessary posts. I would then message that player and explain to them why they were muted. I would then walk them through the ban appeal process so they can give a shot at that. I would give them posting access again and they can make that appeal. However, if it happens again I would issue another mute for a certain amount of time, then I would proceed in the process of making that ban a blacklist due to not wanting to comply and the disruption of other players trying to use our forums.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

If they were arguing in a posts comment section, I would revoke both of their posting access and delete the messages. I would  then message both of them separately and assess the situation. Depending on the situation I would pull them into a dm with both of them and try and figure it all them with them, if they work it out I would give them posting access back and give them a warning/forums strike. On the other hand, if they do not work it out and keep arguing with no resolution, I would most likely issue a punishment and revoke their posting access for X amount of time differing by the severity of the offense. If one of the people involved in the argument are the Author, I would archive that post and make it automatically denied unless said otherwise by higher up.

oofwill2.png

On 2/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great guy to be around

very kind

+Support 
Will's a Nice Guy And Has a Great Potential To Become Forums Diplomat.

• Like 1

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Denied

The Forum Diplomat Command Team does not find you suitable for this position, however you may apply when applications are open again. Thank you for your interest!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥