HexG's Senior Command Application

Hex-G

Should I become a member of Senior Command?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become a member of Senior Command?

• Yes
    • No

1. Steam Name?: Hex-G

2. Steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:95403088

3. Roster Name?: HexG

4. Current Rank?: 1LT

5. When were you promoted?: January 1st 2022

6. How long have you been a member of GENSEC (roughly)?: A little over 8 weeks (Joined November 5th)

7. Do you promise to uphold all rules instated by GamingLight and by the many Security guidelines?:
Yes

8. Do you promise to uphold your duties as a command member in leadership, mentoring, problem-solving, etc.?:
Yes

9. Do you promise that you will listen and respect your lower / higher rankings?:
Yes

10. Why do you want to become a senior command member? (150 WORDS+):
I want to become Senior Command to help boost security’s numbers, increase the quality of GenSec, and help lead, mentor, and assist all members of GenSec. By becoming Senior Command I hope to promote FTO training and general moral in GenSec. I would be able to grant more permission and have a greater hold on D-Block and Enlisted and NCOs as a whole. Maintaining the attitude of good work equals good reward in GenSec is key. By promoting those who want to benefit the branch and quickly weeding out those who are trying to bring us down we can create an atmosphere of positivity and efficiency. I also would be able to work on helping the quality of GenSec. This means that I would be able to work with SCMD regularly to analyze suggestions critically as well as pitch ideas to each other and even assist HCMD on occasion. By working with each other and taking ideas from anyone who will offer them we can make GenSec closer to perfect. The final and arguably most important section is to assist, mentor, and lead GenSec. As Senior Command I would have the ability to work in tandem with other Senior Command as well as mentor incoming Junior Command and be an asset to Low Command. I would also be able to be more efficient in guiding NCOs and even enlisted when necessary. Finally, I would be able to assist High Command on occasion. I feel that my past experience in Gmod Command positions would allow me to benefit all of GenSec and as my involvement and appreciation for the server grows so does my hope of helping it, and GenSec, grow as well. Thanks for reading all that 🙂

11. What would you do if a Security Officer was constantly leaving D Block?:
For these questions I am answering from the perspective of being Senior Command
Option 1
This is if I am in D-Block and watch this happen: The first thing I would do would be to talk to a Low Command member and ask them to talk to the officer. If none are present I would do it myself. The other option is to ask the NCO's in D-Block about the officers performance, is he constantly minging or just a little shaky on the rules of being in security.
Option 2
This is if I am in TS or see the report of it through comms: In this scenario I would still ask a Low Command member to talk with them but it would be a bit more urgent as NCO's would be having difficulty with the officer and asked for assistance. Again, if no Low Command are on I would do it myself. This would be a reminder of the rules or their one officer warning depending on their demeanor from talking with them.

12. What would you do if an NCO kept on leaving d-block with terrible reasons?: 
I am going to answer this question as if I am getting this question from a Low Command or other NCO's in TS or in game.
The First step would be to talk to them to discern if they are actually trying to be a productive member of security or if they are just messing around.
1. IF they are trying to be of genuine help then it would be a simple reminder that you should only leave D-Block unless you absolutely have to. Even though you are allowed to leave, NCO's should only leave to go to medbay, armory, bunks, go on a patrol, or to check on an enlisted if they left and have not returned (the last option should only be used if they do not respond to a comms check first).
2. The latter option is if the NCO is simply messing around in which I would have to sternly remind them that they are to be the example to our enlisted. If they are setting a bad example it could result in punishment. This would be a verbal warning and possibly put on a watch list. If it continues it would result in a strike or demotion.

13. What do you do if an E-11 private comes into d block and attempts to take command of all of the security?:
The first thing to note about this scenario is that if an E-11 PVT is going into D-Block and trying to command security, they are very new to E-11 and not understanding their job.
The first step, assuming I am not in D-Block at the time this is occuring, is to ask an NCO or Low Command to rely this message "We appreciate your willingness to assist in D-Block but this is Security's job. We have our own NCO's and CMD who can help keep it under control. Also, your not supposed to be in here so if you want to help please go outside D-Block to kill any escaping D-Class.". That message could be given by myself if I was in D-Block. This message would hopefully take care of the situation but its always good to have contingency plans. In the scenario where they do not accept this message and continue to try and command D-Block I would have to communicate with a Low Command member of E-11 and have them removed from D-Block for E-11 to deal with the issue.

14. Explain the process of promoting a corporal to sergeant in your own words:
The process from going from CPL to SGT has a few steps.
The first step is go over everything it says in the Command guide.
1. Inform them of the ability to join FTO and Sniper.
2. Inform them they can call hands up/partial lockdown on Code Orange/Black.
3. Inform them they can now apply for Command through WO applications.
4. Inform them they need a forums account (I always mention and suggest they just do it through steam).
The next thing I do is help them request their tags in Discord.
Immediately we now go over activity logs. This is an important section as it is a huge asset to command and that should be mentioned. We go over how to do a general activity log as well as a patrol log.
The final thing I do is go through the NCO guide book. It has a lot of important information from their general duties to the actual range of what they are now allowed to do. I always like the section in the NCO guide book that has all four NCO ranks and what their specific responsibilities are. I always read the whole SGT section out loud and recommend that after any promotion they come back here and read their new ranks description.
The final step of their SGT training is I like to give them a little bit of advice. Now that they are an NCO we are going to be looking for different things. Following the rules and obedience are still important but that's not the only thing we look for from NCO's. We want to start seeing leadership, organization, and confidence. Not pride or arrogance, but confidence. If you can lead, manage, and control D-Block and Enlisted alike, its will be a smooth road moving up through NCO up to Junior Command.
At this point their training is over and I would answer any questions they might have had, NCO related or not. I also offer an HCZ reminder tour to people who are still unsure of HCZ's layout.

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

+Support 

Hands down I want this mf the most for Senior command 

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+support, excellent LCMD and could do a great job as SCMD

• Like 1

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+Support

Active & Dedicated
Competent Officer & Good Application

Extremely qualified 

• Like 2

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

+Support

Why not

Might join the list of people who go from 1LT--->MAJ. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+support

-active

-very easy to approach

-holds CMD abilities responsibly

• Like 1

|| Deputy Chief Of Security || Security OFTO || A1 LT WENDIGO || Former Delta-5 WO || Former Delta-5 DHRO || Former Delta-5 FTO || Former GT4 VALI || Former RRH Echo 45 || S.T.A.R.S || S.T.A.R.S  || Mr. Golf

Accepted!
Welcome to SCMD.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• Star locked this topic