Diz - Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Diz

Am I worthy of being a Trial Moderator?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Am I worthy of being a Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your In-Game name?
Diz

What is your steam name?
Diz

What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:455967411

What is your Discord username?
Diz#1822

Do you have any other experiences with staffing? (If yes, explain)
I was a Moderator for about 2-3 weeks in a spanish SCP: SL server called Neon Community a long time ago, but I resigned due to personal issues.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
I originally started playing around the same day I created my forums account, but after a few weeks I quit. Around 2 (Maybe even 3?) months ago I started playing again.

What date did you make your forums account?
9/11/2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
3, all of them are on SCP-RP.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)
Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?
No

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes, I've read it several times

Timezone:
GMT+1 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
Well, to start off, I'm pretty active, I'm usually in-game everyday for at least 4 hours, lately I've been semi-active but that's due to school and some other stuff, I also try to be as active as I can on the forums, and I'm hoping to become a Forums Diplomat one day, but that doesn't have to do with this, anyways, I can sometimes be sort of mingy but when it comes to being serious and roleplay, I'm very serious.
I want to help players have fun while playing as well as helping people that have been punished learn from their mistakes instead of simply punishing them and do nothing else. I'm calm whenever it comes to handling difficult situations and even though I have 3 warns, which is way too much for a Staff member, 2 of them are extremely old and are from when I was a much more mingy player (Back when I was called Windows), and the most recent one, even though it's less than a month old, I've learned from my mistakes and have never again done something similar in any way. Also, as a former moderator for an SCP: SL server, I have some experience staffing, I wasn't the best moderator or anything, but I did help the server as much as I can, I don't have much experience staffing, but I do think that it will help me while I'm on duty.

Scenario questions:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
First off, I would try to help the player calm down, as they might be having a bad day, however, if they keep going I will mute/gag them while another person or I'm speaking, however, if the player keeps cursing, I would give them a verbal warning or former warning (Assuming this is their first time) depending on the severity. After that, I would check if the player has indeed Mass RDM'd and give them a warning, then, I would call an Admin+ that can ban the player.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
Simple, I would explain to the player the punishment they're receiving and how their actions are affecting other players on the server, I would tell them how it would probably annoy them if they were the other person. And, I would also tell the player that if they keep breaking the rules, they WILL be banned.

Garry's Mod 29_11_2021 19_54_06.png

Edited by Diz
Added picture showing my warns

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

who are you

+support

(add a picture of your warns)

Edited by Flixy

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

41 minutes ago, Flixy said:

who are you

+support

(add a picture of your warns)

Oh shit I forgot lemme get on my pc and I’ll fix it
Fixed

Edited by Diz

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...