MOTD Change - Rule Clarifications and possible official Interpretations.

Yeppes

Hello everyone, as many of you may have noticed, but mainly staff there's been a lot of issues with either people calling sits of questionable nature and in the "gray area" of the rules where you couldn't handle it properly due to lack of a clear answer and the fact no one could've been made guilty in the situation, the sits that could've been avoided altogether if only rules in the MOTD were more clarified.

So, in order to take some of the burden off the staff and help lessen player frustration in the future due to either being unfairly punished or not getting your way due to the fact people didn't see rules the same way you did I'd like to post several interpretations of some rules that could use clarification in the MOTD and let the community give their feedback on what they think would be the best option.

There's several rules I'd like to present in no particular order.

The first rule I'd like to discuss, second part of it in particular.

" Research and Utility personnel are classified as non-combatants, and are thus prohibited from attacking D-Class and CI personnel except in self defense, or in defense of other non-combatants only.

D-Class that interfere with Site operations and are armed may be killed as long as it doesn't violate FearRP. "

Here I'd like to ask a question, which of these options do people think should fall under this rule as currently this causes a lot of issues and isn't being enforced or encouraged to follow and has no place, since It's not clear what applies under "interfere with Site operations"

1. D class who are seen hacking CC doors of the SCPs and seen attempting to breach them could be engaged.

2. D class closing doors on the foundation personnel and preventing them from performing their current duty could be engaged.

3. D class purposefully distracting personnel during surgery/repairs/tests could be engaged.

As you see each of those possible interpretations could potentially fall under this rule depending on who you ask, perhaps even all, but truth is people would still be discouraged from doing any of that or in some scenarios punished, just because it isn't clarified enough, I'm sure there's more cases where that rule could apply, but those are the only ones I came up with.

The next rule I'd like to bring up and probably the most controversial at the moment.

SCP-912 may attempt to arrest rule breakers and bring them to GENSEC or MTF personnel.

There's more than one thing that has to be mentioned and taken into consideration here, first thing that I only see representatives of D class bring up when they're past the red line without a weapon and yell while being beaten "I don't have a weapon"  is the fact we're missing one vital rule that should've been included in the MOTD long time ago, which is:

912 is allowed to use It's baton on rule breakers in order to arrest/cuff them.

Pretty much all of the staff I've seen agrees with it and follow that unwritten rule, but clarifying it in the MOTD would take some burden off them with the D class reports.

The other thing with 912 is the term "rule breakers" which is quite unclear to many and caused an issue recently, so as for the possible interpretations of what the ruleset 912 follows is and what people think it SHOULD be. (I just want to say I don't agree with all of those, but I've put other things in order to get feedback.)

1. Anyone who breaks their branch's SOP is considered a rule breaker and could be arrested by 912 as well as hostiles to the foundation.

2. Anyone who breaks Foundation's general rules is considered a rule breaker, such as harming eachother, breaching scp, assisting hostile forces as well as the hostiles themselves.

3. 912 follows a simple black and white set of rules, causing harm or trouble for another foundation member is considered rule breaking, as well as people hostile to the foundation.

4. Rule breakers are considered those violating legal code of the ordinary law, theft, murder, causing harm etc. are seen as violation of it and anyone could be arrested if witnessed doing so unrightfully.

Third rule I'd like to ask opinion of everyone about.

Never combat heal (Healing yourself or someone else while in an active shootout).

To begin healing you must wait 7 seconds after you are no longer in an active shootout. 

Many times I've witnessed and heard of sits where this has been an issue in the past, regardless of the timer put on healing and what that issue was is the fact what's considered by the MOTD as an  "active shootout" since a lot of people on the healing side of things simply consider it "7 seconds without taking damage" while the opposing side uses an argument of "You were still being shot at" So I'd like to ask you all what you consider as the end of an "active shootout".

1. Active shootout ends when the line of sight with the aggressor is broken and remains for as long as there's clear intent from the attacker to harm, the person cannot heal while running away.

2. Active shootout ends when the line of sight with the aggressor is broken, the person could heal while running away and on the move.

3. Active shootout could end while still in the line of sight for as long as the person healing and the person healed aren't being shot at themselves.

4. Active shootout doesn't end till the combat scenario in said location is over, entirety of the group has to be away from  combat for said amount of time before they could start healing.

Before anyone says anything, I didn't include "7 seconds without taking damage" because that'd take away completely from the term "active shootout" in my opinion.

Not a rule, but rather entirely a lack of it for the final topic in this suggestion.

Usage of 1048's knife for combat purposes.

As I've played I've been hearing two conflicting things from staff and I'd like to ask everyone on what they think it should be included as:

1. 1048 could use It's knife in self-defense.

2. 1048 isn't allowed to use It's knife to attack anyone.

I personally agree with the first option more, since otherwise it has no ability to defend itself while under KOS or when attacked by D class. I wouldn't see it as too much of an issue due to the fact It's a slow SCP that could easily be ran away from.

If anyone has their own interpretations/clarifications for the rules I've mentioned I'd like for them to post those and I'll possibly add them to the current post for SMT to decide on, I could've only came up and typed so many of them.

The sole purpose of this post is to make things more clear for everyone and help avoid confusion as well to take burden off staff and players alike, be it sits, warns or warn appeals that could've never took place, I'd really like to hear feedback from everyone and have most of the community to agree on a single thing for each of those rules.

Color Legend

Yellow - Important.

Red - Separation between rules discussed.

Blue - Potential clarifications/interpretations for the MOTD.

Green - Inclusion of the rule.

Edited by Yeppes
  • Like 4

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

+support for the additions of

4 hours ago, Yeppes said:

Anyone who breaks their branch's SOP is considered a rule breaker and could be arrested by 912 as well as hostiles to the foundation

Active shootout doesn't end till the combat scenario in said location is over, entirety of the group has to be away from  combat for said amount of time before they could start healing.

D class who are seen hacking CC doors of the SCPs and seen attempting

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

20 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

+SUPPORT

I cant agree with this post more, people who try abuse "Gray areas" should be warned

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• 1 month later...