Josh's/Zestys discord ban appeal- Accepted

𝙹𝚘𝚜𝚑

Your name: Josh 

Your Discord ID name (EX: Igneous#3706): • Zesty •#0001

Your Discord ID code (EX: 204661777512923136): 402209791478464523

Which discord server were you banned on? Main GL one

What was the reason for your ban (if you know it)? "DM Advertising"

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?

Well...it was a year ago. And to my understanding, SMT got a report that I was player poaching for another Garry's mod server. What it actually was, was a little server that I wanted to start where friends and I can just chill and play games with another, and meet new people. I invited people from my DMs list which of coruse I have people who are from GL on there, and someone happen to report me after the fact them joining it. From what I've learned about the entire thing, is he put it as if I was player poaching because he pointed out the fact that we had staff in it and that it was named "Zestys Community", and without context it does look like player poaching of another gmod server, but it was literally just a place for friends of mine and me to hangout. I just happened to send it to the wrong person, and before anything I woke up in the morning being banned. I recently just got senior mod prior to this happening and was Command for the ST's and had a reputation in MillRP and PoliceRP, I love gl and did back then and would never try to player poach or whatever lol. The discord reason says dm Advertising which technically yes, I did, but it was a discord for me and people who are friends, that's that. 

I discussed this with SMT of Imperial RP and they understood, mainly Lucifer, but sadly this was after all the damage was done, which was me being removed by Zeeptins orders because SMT stopped the entire global meeting to wring me out before I could've said anything. 

SMT i know was just doing their job and honeslty if I was in their position, hell yeah I would've been myself not knowing the full context lol

I haven't tried appealing before because....didnt know it existed and tbh still felt guilty that SMT had to hassle through shit because of me. You guys do your job well lol

All in all, the way It was portrayed at first was maybe a another gmod server or just mass advertising. It wasnt for a gmod server nor did I mass advertise, I did people who were on my friends list and who ik would be down to play some games and shit, and who I thought were friends, it wasnt much either, but one didnt find it too ok and reported me anyways.

That's that, I'm sorry for causing quite the bit of a hassle to even SMT lecturing me during the meeting stopping everything, to the point of Zeeptin stepping in. This was earlyish 2020 so it's been almost 2 years. I'm still loyal to GL and that wont change, and I'm still currently kinda active, long loa due to school. I wont DM people discord links or shit no matter what it is without asking first or knowing 100% they would be down for it. 

- Josh

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

+ Support 

Seems like a misunderstanding 

Old ban and player has changed

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

20 minutes ago, 00 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴 00 said:

+ Support 

Seems like a very sincere apology and it's been a while. I believe he deserves another chance.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

On 10/27/2021 at 4:25 AM, 00 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴 00 said:

+ Support 

I remember having conversations with you and you were a genuine guy trying to have fun. It has been a while since you were banned and I agree with other members that you do deserve to be unbanned. 

+Support

Edited by Darby

+support

Doesn't appear to be player poaching with context  added so ban appears to be false

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

6 hours ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

+support

Doesn't appear to be player poaching with context  added so ban appears to be false

Wouldnt say its false. Dming players advertisement links without consent is a offense, so technically it wasnt such a false ban, but also the way it was protruded it looked like more then what it was.

Either way I know not to just assume but to actually ask people first. Sadly one simple mistake ended in a bad rep and leaving Imperial because of it sadly.

So no, it wasnt a false ban ig

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018