Pillercat's Forum Diplomat Application

Piller

Should I Become a Forums Diplomat?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Become a Forums Diplomat?

In-Game Name:

Pillercat

Steam Name: 

[GL]Sirius

SteamID: 

STEAM_0:1:5119978

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?

Senior Admin, SCP-RP

How often are you online on the forums?

Very frequently throughout the day. I check it during breaks at work and quite often when I'm home. I have multiple monitors, so if I'm watching a movie or a show, I like to have it up on another monitor so I can make sure I'm staying up to date on everything going on.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?

I have a significant amount of experience being a forums administrator, prior to my time in Gaminglight, and while it was an old version of PHPbb, the concept of forum moderation/administration is essentially the same. I believe that my years of experience as an administrator would help me to consistently provide excellent service to Gaminglight as a community. I believe that I have a pretty friendly and approachable demeanor and I routinely try to assist others with any problem that they may have, whether that be in command, staff, or support and I look forward to broadening my horizons to the forums diplomat team and making a positive impact there!

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I would indeed! I believe that during my time as staff and command that I have proven to be logical and very critical thinking driven. I pride myself on being able to logically evaluate a situation and come to the optimal outcome. As a member of staff, we get difficult sits quite a bit and we have to be able to do a thorough analysis of the situation. There's times where Tim (made up name for the sake of this) gets reported for RDM and while searching through logs you see some pretty awful stuff that he's said. Now Tim could be super apologetic about the RDM, but now you have written logs of him saying some not so great things and you have to handle that. So the RDM sit becomes something much bigger and it's on you to take care of it, so you have to make the difficult decision to take what could of been a verbal and now he gets a formal warn and a ban. It's stuff like that, that can be difficult because it came from nowhere and caught you off guard, but you do what you have to do in order to keep the environment of the server healthy. Command in some cases can be even more difficult because usually when you hand out the punishment and close the sit, it's over and done with. For command you see them after the fact and you're responsible for making sure that they improve because you're command and you have an obligation to help them to grow from their mistakes.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

I would hide and screenshot the posts, report it to the Head Diplomat (or SMT if the Head Diplomat was unavailable) so a warning could be issued, and document the incident in the relevant area.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

I would make a comment informing all parties that comments should be limited to +/-support comments and to remain civil towards each other, otherwise the post will be locked until SMT responds. Should the warning be ignored, I would lock the post, inform the Head Diplomat, and document the incident.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

+Support

To be honest this guy is one of the most friendly, caring and giving a fuck person. He's not like others he seeks to solve the problem at its core rather then scratch at dirt. Coming off of a few months experience with Piller I can say it wasn't a friendship but an immediate acquaintance as soon as I met him. He has drive and always seeks to better himself in any critiques given to him. Believe me on that cause I popped of on his ass before and he was calmer then a flamingo which kind of pissed me off more lmfao. That being said I have full confidence he can execute the role of a forum diplomat better than most of if not all current applicants. Also some brownie points he always is willing to explain his reasons for doing shit and I feel this is something a forum diplomat NEEDS to accomplish. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

21 hours ago, Tactical said:

+support

-really nice person easy to approach

-active on the community 

-knows what hes doing 

-ultimately just a really nice guy in general

best of luck pillercat ❤️ 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

On 10/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Tactical said:

+support

-really nice person easy to approach

-active on the community 

-knows what hes doing 

-ultimately just a really nice guy in general

best of luck pillercat ❤️ 

if anyone would be fit for this position it's this guy

+support 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

Application Accepted!

Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomats, your application has been approved! You will be receiving more information on onboarding onto the Forum Diplomat team via discord!

In the future, please private the polls!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥