Change the name tags for players to help with immersion. [Denied]

AggroBiker

Change the name tags to only display the name.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Change the name tags of players.

• Yes
    • No

What do you want to see?:

I would like to see the name tags being easier to read and on top of the player. It shows health, name, rank and job which seems unnecessary and I would prefer to see a much simpler and easier to read name tag.

A good format is to have the name and nothing else. The name states the job at the start, the rank and the alias of the person in most cases which is enough information IMO. This way we could also implement the "health figures" only to be shown to medical and inquisitors which gives the roles more purpose. For people on the "admin" job, they should be able to see the current name tag format.

Why should we add it?:

I believe it would simplify the name tags making them easier to read and identify people, give the server an overall cleaner look and look more professional.

What are the advantages of having this?:

It allows opportunity to be customised depending on the job as mentioned before. Medical and Inquisitors can see the health which makes sense as it allows Medical to prioritise healing people with lower health, and Inquisitors have the force which in lore can identify a lot of information. It would allow the server to be more immersive as complex nametags showing a lot of information can ruin the immersion, and it also stops event characters targeting players with low health to increase their kill count which is a big issue sometimes from my experience hosting events in the past and personally asking people how the event went; (people have complained in the past that rebels and other enemy event characters have avoided high health players to target low health players to get more kills).

Another benefit to having simpler name tags is it means when there are "spies" or modelled players on ship during events are a lot harder to identify, thus decreasing the chance for meta-gaming and helping a lot with the immersion during events.

Who is it mainly for?:

Everyone.

Links to any content:

N/A.

-Support

It was been said many times that if you can find a good HUD SMT will consider changing it, making a suggestion without any links to content does not achieve anything. If you can find a new HUD feel free to suggest it but saying change the HUD and not giving another alternative won’t do anything. This has been explained my SMT many many time including in the last 2-3 community meetings.

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

• Head Admin
4 hours ago, [GL] Dark said:

-Support

It was been said many times that if you can find a good HUD SMT will consider changing it, making a suggestion without any links to content does not achieve anything. If you can find a new HUD feel free to suggest it but saying change the HUD and not giving another alternative won’t do anything. This has been explained my SMT many many time including in the last 2-3 community meetings.

Signature.png

$500+ Donator

+/- Support
+ Would definitely help Medical and the players in general

+ Increases immersion in the roleplay

- Would need to make new HUD system

Ex Havoc ATL CPT | Ex Lord X / Purge LTCOL | Ex Tenn Graneet | Fortnite Professional and Current Darth Doodoofart (Yes he is a lore character)

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF by Super Simple

• Manager

DENIED

This issue is to do with the current hud, if you can find one you prefer using, please suggest it.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*