Styx warn appel

styx

On 8/29/2021 at 1:34 PM, Starstep said:

That doesn't change the fact that you still took your own sit, which is a big no-no for staff members.

I'll +Support this appeal. However, in the future, I'd recommend just calling staff to move them out of the way.

DHOR D;

RRH Analyst Lima-3;

Sarkic Archon General;

Former-Omicron-9 2LT Saw;

6 hours ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

+Support
1: A formal warning over 6 damage is extremely fucking petty
2: Walter Scott took his own sit, Which is literally against staff rules, And then also proceeded to warn him.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 8/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Warren Talos said:

+SUPPORT  This warn is Invalid Since he took his own sit  

I honestly don't think this deserves a warn, a verbal at most. Shooting and killing the D-Class is wrong, however he was afk and interfering with RP and gameplay. I have been killed by being afk or blocking the door way unintentionally before, I don't think much of it and move on with my day. Its not that big of a deal, get over it and move on. Also you took your own sit so... lil bias. 

• Like 1

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

On 8/29/2021 at 1:34 PM, Starstep said:

That doesn't change the fact that you still took your own sit, which is a big no-no for staff members.

I'll +Support this appeal. However, in the future, I'd recommend just calling staff to move them out of the way.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:42 PM, Pillercat said:

Pretty much this.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I spawn in and am dead. This is not warn worthy.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

On 8/29/2021 at 10:19 AM, Domo775 said:

+support it’s annoying being stuck in your spawn because a dclass hasn’t loaded in completely

Well, you were loading, you weren't even playing, and you were covering a door, you were lucky you didn't get killed before.

Edited by MexicanGuy

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

On 8/29/2021 at 10:34 AM, Starstep said:

+Support

-Recommend calling a staff member next time

+Support

There's not much to add here that wasn't stated however I do fully believe that this situation at most would have been grounds for a verbal warning not an actual warning. Not to mention the Senior Moderator violated the staff guidelines by taking his own sit

• Heart-Eyes 1

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator

Accepted

After reviewing the evidence and testimony provided in this incident, the appeal has been accepted and warning revoked. In this incident, a staff member loading onto the server completed loading in and found themselves damaged. The staff member checked logs, and warned the player without taking them to a staff sit.

In this specific case, Staff Handbook Rule #5 was violated, that being:

Do not deal with sits involving yourself or your friends to avoid potential bias issue. In these instances you are required to have an uninvolved staff member take the sit, or file a player report.

I believe the way this was handled was inappropriate for a variety of reasons:

1. Staff member took a sit they were directly involved in (Victim of a ARDM)
  2. Staff member had the opportunity to have a non-involved staff member handle the incident, or file a player report, which was not done.
  3. The appealing player, while in the wrong for damaging the staff member while loading in, only did so to move him from the door to allow him to continue gameplay. Nothing of value was lost, and the staff member could've easily done many things to recover his health or swap jobs.
  4. No formal sit was conducted regarding this incident.

While I have issued warnings as the victim of an RDM while in D-Block to the person that killed me, I only do so when:

1. I'm clearly in an area far away from the door meaning that door blocking is not a valid issue.
  2. The player went out of their way to damage and/or kill me.
  3. Player has usually killed other people in addition to just me.

With all of those factors in mind, this warning has been revoked and removed from the appealing player's record.

• Like 2

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021