General Suggestion - SCP-106 Changes - Denied

nightsoil

What are you suggesting?

To put SCP-106's roleplay more in line with what would make sense realistically, 106's femur cooldown should not exist. 10 minutes of additional breach time with no downside, based on the luck of a roll? It doesn't make any sense to me. 106 should be able to play strategically by using his SWEP effectively and preventing D-Class reaching his chamber. If an MTF unit does manage to take however many D-Class to 106's chamber, they should be entitled to having as many chances to recontain 106 as they do D-Class due to the difficulty of getting D-Class all the way into HCZ.

To counteract this, however, I believe the rules in any SOP detailing 106's recontainment procedure and any other MOTD rule should be altered so that ONLY D-Class should be able to be used for the Recall Protocol. Why should a failed femur attempt warrant 106's GUARANTEED containment? If we're going off of how skill effects your ability as a player to avoid death/capture, this mechanic does not make sense at all. 106 spends ~25 minutes breaching and the femur patient has to spend 0-3 minutes of NLR. Again, effort ratio is not fair at all as it's basically a kamikaze attack that is guaranteed to work against SCP-106 who is supposed to be relatively difficult to contain as per their place in SCP lore.

How would this change better the server?

SCP players in general may be more inclined to use the tools specific to their class to it's full abilities. Possibly even make suggestions that will better their experience.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.

Not really. The changes balance out.

Who would this change mostly benefit?

SCP-106 players while simultaneously SCP Foundation forces.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion?

any.workshop.content.screenshots.or.anything.that.you.think.may.be.helpful.to.those.who.view.this.suggestion.gl

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+/- Support on this

If we are going off by lore, then for 682 there would have to be an instant nuke as soon as he breaches, there would be a lot more 939's, 035 could mind-control people that are around his chamber etc. etc.

I get the point you are trying to get across for it to involve more skill in 106's RC-ing process but if you make it so that only D - class can be used for his recontainment, he can just go around LCZ and steal every single D class that MTF try to bring over. You could argue that 2 MTF can just grab 2 different D class and go to the 2 different ways into HCZ but if 106 has even the smallest amount of skill, he will be able to catch up to the other and take them. 

I do agree however that the fact that his recontainment is based on an RNG dice roll the first time, it doesn't make that much sense and he should be able to be RC'ed as soon as someone is femured since pain is the main factor that causes the thirst of 106 and he would definitely not ignore it.

Opinion might change.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

I think 106 needs reworking, however I don’t like the idea of no cool down/ only dclass.

106 is not very fun to play against for anyone. When he’s breached everyone just has to run until MTF can femur. Most 106’s abuse this fact to dance around LCZ and capture any/all MTF carrying dclass or heading to dblock, seeing as 106 has no other objective than to kill/stay out of containment due to being unable to go to surface. Therefore, I think there needs to be some sort of counter play to 106 than to femur. I think the healthiest change for 106 would be a cool down on his wall teleport OR an amount of time that he has to be by a wall before going through it (ex: 106 must stand by a wall/door for 3 seconds before he can tp through it. This would stop 106 from catching up to fleeing personnel all too easily and lore wise it’d make sense that it takes him a second or two to corrode through. I think the other balance change that could be made is making the femur cool down 5 minutes instead. 10 minutes is a very rough amount of time for foundation personnel to deal with 106 running free with, again, no counter play than run. Maybe to compensate for these things 106’s sending portion of his swep can go from 15 second cool down to 10 seconds

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

16 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+/- Support on this

If we are going off by lore, then for 682 there would have to be an instant nuke as soon as he breaches, there would be a lot more 939's, 035 could mind-control people that are around his chamber etc. etc.

I get the point you are trying to get across for it to involve more skill in 106's RC-ing process but if you make it so that only D - class can be used for his recontainment, he can just go around LCZ and steal every single D class that MTF try to bring over. You could argue that 2 MTF can just grab 2 different D class and go to the 2 different ways into HCZ but if 106 has even the smallest amount of skill, he will be able to catch up to the other and take them. 

I do agree however that the fact that his recontainment is based on an RNG dice roll the first time, it doesn't make that much sense and he should be able to be RC'ed as soon as someone is femured since pain is the main factor that causes the thirst of 106 and he would definitely not ignore it.

Opinion might change.

Just commenting to say that, in lore, all except 2 939 instances are terminated.

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

14 hours ago, STONKSMAN said:

-support personally

my reasoning 

-mtf could in this case grab like 4 d class and say that 3 of them make it then they could just spam femur???? sounds a little op to me

You can have your own opinion and I won’t try to change that, but for those looking over the suggestion:

Failing to get D-Class ONCE is considered grounds for using any human player as a femur victim. That just seems a bit too easy of a recontainment for the Foundation.

Most of the time, 106 only has to worry about one thing pertaining to preventing his recontainment: MTF getting D-Class to his chamber. MTF most often times will not succeed on the first try, which will warrant MTF self-sacrificing if comms’d over effectively. 

With these two aspects noted, 106 is either too easy or too hard to recontain, and when it’s the former side, it involves no skill on the part of the recontainment team. When it’s the latter, it usually results in the former occurring.

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021