General/MOTD Suggestion - SCP-939 Rule Additions/Clarifications [Completed]

Dr. Ternith Plague

What are you suggesting? - Addition to the rule of 939 to clarify that they must advert their health.

How would this change better the server? - For one, the rules do not say that 939 has to advert health. It's in the SOPs of CI, E11, and Nu-7 supposedly, but not everyone has access to their SOPs. Which, technically, doesn't make them officially listed rules.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - This officially forces 939 to advert health.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 939 players to stop them from getting jumped by an unlisted rule, and MTF/CI/GENSEC players so they know they have to advert.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - The only thing I can offer is a screenshot of the rules as of current: https://gyazo.com/9e98f14fed5a9cd5c966c4df0fdbcfb9

Note: If this is NOT meant to be an official rule, then please just deny the suggestion and add a clarification somewhere, discord or otherwise, since it's confusing when a staff member says something that ISN'T on the MOTD.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

I actually prefer for scps to simply do "/advert Tranq-able" or "/advert Not Tranq-able"

This method allows players to just use a bind instead of having to type out their HP every 2mins, 
A good 70% of the time SCP's cant type out their HP because some twat is shooting them while the rest of the team is screaming in adverts for the scp's HP... 

- Support 

1 hour ago, Coltable said:

I actually prefer for scps to simply do "/advert Tranq-able" or "/advert Not Tranq-able"

This method allows players to just use a bind instead of having to type out their HP every 2mins, 
A good 70% of the time SCP's cant type out their HP because some twat is shooting them while the rest of the team is screaming in adverts for the scp's HP... 

- Support 

This suggestion is more to add the rule that's similar to 682's rule. Since it's apparently a silent rule that I didn't even know about until I played as 939.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

1 minute ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

Since it's apparently a silent rule

Theres no such thing as silent rules, MOTD is what you go off of for rules in relation to SCP's, all branch SOP rules are only related to such branch and come after MOTD rules. SOP rules are extra rules set by HCMD ontop of the base MOTD rules. 

Just now, Coltable said:

Theres no such thing as silent rules, MOTD is what you go off of for rules in relation to SCP's, all branch SOP rules are only related to such branch and come after MOTD rules. SOP rules are extra rules set by HCMD ontop of the base MOTD rules. 

Would that mean 939 doesn't have to advert health/tranq-ability then? Because multiple Moderators on both CI and Nu-7 affirmed that 939 did have to.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

Would that mean 939 doesn't have to advert health/tranq-ability then? Because multiple Moderators on both CI and Nu-7 affirmed that 939 did have to.

You would currently go off of this rule in the MOTD section of 939:
"The player of 939 must respond to requests for their HP status, however, if 939 is in active combat they may get to a safe location before responding."

This does not state in what manner you respond in just that you must give the MTF/CI some sort of indication to what your health is like so either the actual numbers or a tranq-able etc will do just fine. 

As my fellow head admin stated, that is currently in the rules (except it may say 682 instead of 939 but the point still stands. (I've made the change already so it should be pushed hopefully soon after a few more minor tweaks)). I believe there is no need to add anything further.

-Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 6/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Coltable said:

- Support 

It makes it so much easier than having scp's stand still to read out their hp and type it out. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||