SCP-098 Issues - Denied

Prince Raptor

Alright, so. I played SCP-098 with 3 others and me and the other's ran into a problem with him. For a Silver+ SCP, he is extremely underpowered and underplayed, making it utterly useless and not so fun to play. Now, yes. SCP-098 is fun when you're with 3 others sometimes. But the moment you breach with 098, they immediately get mowed down, and on top of that, if they're trying to get somewhere quick enough, they have to advert every single door they break down, so it'll take time for a moderator/admin to come over and open the doors for them, but by then, they would be killed. SO I HAVE A SOLUTION.

BUFF THEM.

Buffing them will allow these lovely crabs to be an actual threat and be more fun to play! So here's my thoughts.

Job HP: 1500
Job Armor: 500
Job Weapon:  The same weapon but make it do slightly more damage.
Job Salary: The same salary

That is all I have to offer, hopefully this opens some ideas! I feel like people love seeing the crabs run around, but 098 can't even do much due to the constant update in damage with guns. Anyways, I hope you take my offer.

Have a swell day! 
(Lizzy Boy)

+/- SUPPORT

In my opinion they are balanced where they are.

Let's say in theory there was 3 098's on. An average number of them to be on. Let's compare them to the 2 other pack SCPs which are 966 and 5208.

They would have a combined health of 1800 and a total armor of 900. That's like fighting 3 966s or 12 5208s. So I think they are pretty balanced.

However, with this change, they would have a total health of 4500  and a total armor of 1500. This would be like fighting 6 966s or 30 5208s. Considering most MTF have rifles and most rifles do about 35 damage, it would take the combine fire of 4 MTF using rifles to take down the hoard of em, granted they don't miss any shots. You would also be attacking them while doing this and most MTF would go down in about 2-4 hits. So 3 of these buffed 098s would run through 4 MTF in 8-16 smacks, while each MTF would have to land 30 bullets to kill the things. That is a lot of damage needed to be dealt for just 3 of them. 5 of these buffed things on would be stronger then SCP 682.

TLDR; while I think they do need a buff, this is a little to much of a buff.

• Like 1

Hmm hmm, you do have a point. 

You're not wrong, that is a bit strong. But I feel that that there needs to be a way that they can survive longer in fights since they move together in a squad. Yes, they have combined health, but most MTF are very well equipped. Recently, I went with a squad of three other 098's and we breached, not even 2 minutes in, and squad of about 5-6 MTF all had LASER WEAPONS for some reason, and we just died immediately. Don't forget about hit detection bugs and how long it takes to swing the cleaver as well. 

Maybe a movement speed buff would be nice, make them move almost as fast as 939. ALMOST. It'll make them harder to hit and allows them to escape easier. They just need some sort of viability. I rarely ever see anyone play 098, it's only for the trolls, but 4 people don't want to wait in room for 20 minutes just to have no chance to fight one heavily armored MTF, or be fire squaded instantly, without having a chance to even be near escaping with at least two of them. Maybe even make the smaller. They just need more survivability.

3 hours ago, Prince Raptor said:

Job Armor: 500

Garry's Mod doesn't allow you to go above armor 255 as far as I know.

Either way, please follow the format.

• Like 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

yeah, I mean I get that its underpowered at time but this is an SCP that has to be played in multiples to even pose a threat.

having like 3-4 people on this job with that much health and armor would just be a headache to deal with more than "fun".

besides, in lore these things are tiny crabs that cut you up

I doubt a crab would be that tough

-Support, but +Support for a more balanced change (cause they do lowkey suck).

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 5/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, OWNED said:

yeah, I mean I get that its underpowered at time but this is an SCP that has to be played in multiples to even pose a threat.

having like 3-4 people on this job with that much health and armor would just be a headache to deal with more than "fun".

besides, in lore these things are tiny crabs that cut you up

I doubt a crab would be that tough

-Support, but +Support for a more balanced change (cause they do lowkey suck).

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

- Support for 1k hp

+ Support for maybe 500-450hp

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

Repost following the format

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."