NVG's - Denied

Mav

What are you suggesting? - Adding nigh vision to either both CI and MTF or adding it to the armory, just like hemostats is sold.

How would this change better the server? - The server has a addon for nigh vision already, it works well and when you make a bind such as Bind n toggnvg you can turn it off and on, this would allow foundation personnel to see during lights out, and would honestly make it more scary, however in my opinion it should only be accessible by MTF and CI due to the fact that it would make turning lights off meaningless, so if MTF and CI were the only ones to have access to it, they would still have an advantage over the rest of the foundation staff.  This also isn't a swep, it's toggled on and off by console commands.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not that I can tell, there is one thing that makes it a little weird, when you die with NVG equipped it isn't removed from you.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF and CI

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

unknown.png.f43a20b2a714696e5918ba7cd07bb3f2.pngasdsadad.png.e1466918f17f4d9e133a8fac3cf5f239.png

Edited by Mav

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

+support

Flashlights are crap most of the time, but they are basically our only option to see in the dark

I think this would be a nice change, and make it a lot better especially in those situations where the lights are off for like 10-20 minute intervals

• Like 1

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-Support

It was already suggested and it was denied, I understand because it was not very practical to use them and also they did not work very well. In my opinion  I think the flashlights are doing a very good job.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

9 hours ago, OWNED said:

+support

Flashlights are crap most of the time, but they are basically our only option to see in the dark

I think this would be a nice change, and make it a lot better especially in those situations where the lights are off for like 10-20 minute intervals

Add them to Wardens aswell!

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

- Support

Not because it’s a bad idea or anything, tactically, it would make a lot of sense for these guys to be armed with Night Vision. However, heres my only reason why they shouldn’t. These Nightvision goggles would be indefinite. And with this being an SCP server, darkness, erieness, and overall dark, and evil is how the environment is meant to feel. When the lights go off, it plays a huge part to this, and this, would make turning lights off almost pointless. SCP-280 would be useless, and 173 would be at a much larger disadvantage. Now, with SCP:CB it manages to fix this by giving the NightVision goggles battery power, making it very much so capible of screwing you over. If something like that was added, I may be all for it. (Also, I’m not sure SCP-173 for example would be able to know you were looking at him while wearing these. So extra complications like that too lol)

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

On 4/19/2021 at 7:38 AM, NeoID said:

- Support

Not because it’s a bad idea or anything, tactically, it would make a lot of sense for these guys to be armed with Night Vision. However, heres my only reason why they shouldn’t. These Nightvision goggles would be indefinite. And with this being an SCP server, darkness, erieness, and overall dark, and evil is how the environment is meant to feel. When the lights go off, it plays a huge part to this, and this, would make turning lights off almost pointless. SCP-280 would be useless, and 173 would be at a much larger disadvantage. Now, with SCP:CB it manages to fix this by giving the NightVision goggles battery power, making it very much so capible of screwing you over. If something like that was added, I may be all for it. (Also, I’m not sure SCP-173 for example would be able to know you were looking at him while wearing these. So extra complications like that too lol)

"Osu! Fucking Pro"