General Suggestion - Sleuth Comms [Completed]

NeoID

What are you suggesting? -  Ok, I understand this is a bit iffy, and that some people may be against it, but I'd like to give it a try and hear other thoughts on it. With our Sub-Branch for CI R&D Sleuths,  they do not currently have any communications. Not CI, not Foundation, nor the ability to talk to each other in Teamspeak. Which is confusing to a lot of people considering they split up, or get shunted away from each other at times. Maynard can give Sleuths foundation comms, but even then, they can't reveal, or discuss their "real" plans when talking in Foundation comms. It's hard to manage people from metagaming in TS, unknowingly thinking that what they tell each other over Teamspeak is ok. One thing that I think would help find a compromised resolve for this is the following: Sleuth Comms. This is so that they cannot communicate with CI Military, nor in Foundation, or Special Forces comms. This would allow them to only communicate to the following with "/s":
- CI Sleuths
- The General
- CI R&D Gamma Command
- CI Gamma Command
- Dr Maynard

How would this change better the server? - It would make CI Sleuths much more interactive with not only Foundation Staff, but with each other and legitimately as well. It would make operating as a Sleuth much MUCH more doable as well. It's very difficult to work together as a force of spies when you can't speak to each other from afar. It would better coordinate Sleuths, making the job not only more active, but more effective and interactive.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would definitely make MTFs job slightly more difficult when dealing with Sleuths, but I don't see this as a disadvantage, more of an extra barrier for MTF, which I consider an advantage rather than a disadvantage.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI Sleuths

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+Support

me first time playing slueth 

I am caught

me automatically /ci  * *TAP COMMS**

[ERROR] This Frequency Is Encrypted

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+Support if it'd allow for sleuths to do more actual RP instead of shooting people in the closet.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

16 hours ago, MexicanGuy said:

me automatically /ci  * *TAP COMMS**

[ERROR] This Frequency Is Encrypted

And then afterwards "FUCK!"

But + Support as you should have ci comms tbh. Cause in rp you'd know the frequency/how to unencrypt it to contact ci. You should have comms. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Additional note, I’m not even suggesting they get CI comms, just their own frequency for only Sleuth, but that would work too lol

With Best Regards,

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

Wait, Sleuth doesn't have CI comms? They're... literally a spy for them, why wouldn't they be able to communicate.

+Support for Sleuth and/or CI comms

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

1 hour ago, Right Twix Bar said:

Wait, Sleuth doesn't have CI comms? They're... literally a spy for them, why wouldn't they be able to communicate.

+Support for Sleuth and/or CI comms

This is my guess (doing lore work for people)

Cause they're meant too be independent spies, Get in.. Cause Havoc, Get out. Sorta thing they don't exactly need to be in contact with CI and if they're potentially caught.. Having your comms get leaked cause one fucker with a sneaky suit accidentally opened a door and got fear rp'd would be funni.

(For game reasons though they should probably have CI comms this is just lore reasoning)

2 hours ago, royalderg said:

This is my guess (doing lore work for people)

Cause they're meant too be independent spies, Get in.. Cause Havoc, Get out. Sorta thing they don't exactly need to be in contact with CI and if they're potentially caught.. Having your comms get leaked cause one fucker with a sneaky suit accidentally opened a door and got fear rp'd would be funni.

(For game reasons though they should probably have CI comms this is just lore reasoning)

See, that’s the thing, they DONT cause Havoc. That’s for Maynard, Military and Infils to do. Sleuths are the guys who bonk you over the head, drag you into a broom closet and Interrogate you, then proceed to kill/deal with you in the most discreet manner possible. They’re RP, not chaos causers. Often times, their goal never entails “getting out” only “getting in” and “obtaining intel”. 

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,

Just give sleuths CI comms
yea I've always disliked sleuths not having any comms, it kinda makes sense RP wise, but no one even checks for comms anymore.
I wouldn't even mind giving them foundation comms, of coarse to only use this in RP and not meta. AKA /me steals facility comms off a poor janitor or something idk.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

Just give sleuths CI comms
yea I've always disliked sleuths not having any comms, it kinda makes sense RP wise, but no one even checks for comms anymore.
I wouldn't even mind giving them foundation comms, of coarse to only use this in RP and not meta. AKA /me steals facility comms off a poor janitor or something idk.

Maynard can give them Foundation Comms, which they just use /advert [F] for, but I wouldn't mind adding to the SOP that they cannot use /f until he does if that does get added!

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,

1 minute ago, NeoID said:

Maynard can give them Foundation Comms, which they just use /advert [F] for

yea but no foundation lad uses that. Just give them access to /f. Unless that would be to big of an issue but I doubt it will be since sleuth is harder to get so only semi-veteran players can access.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

Just now, Jack (utility one) said:

yea but no foundation lad uses that. Just give them access to /f. Unless that would be to big of an issue but I doubt it will be since sleuth is harder to get so only semi-veteran players can access.

Yeah, I don't see it being a huge issue. Theres always "that one guy" but removing his whitelist isn't HARD or anything lmao

So, secondary take for all your opinions:

Give Sleuths both CI comms, and Foundation Comms under the circumstances they can only use it if Maynard does "/advert [ACT] Gives Sleuths Foundation Comms"

• Like 1

With Best Regards,