Surface mining location

Reznov

What are you suggesting? - Change the location of the minable surface materials to its original spot or close to it. Now the only surface minables are the ones under the water at the lake and the trees directly next to the dock. This is extremely close to E11s base and therefore makes it extremely difficult to mine for more than 5 minutes without getting blasted. The original location of the mine was where that giant tower is now. I have never seen someone actually use said tower so I suggest removing it and replace it with the mine. The original layout was the basin of the surrounding hill was where the main ores and gems were and the trees were surrounding the work bench. This layout blended well and didn't look out of place.  The diamond and anomalous could remain where they are as they should be riskier to mine. 
( Edit ) Some people are saying they actually use the tower so maybe just build the mine around it it could be a cool centerpiece. 

How would this change better the server? - Make mining less dangerous and not certain death. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can think off. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D class that successfully escape to mine on the surface. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None needed. 

Edited by Reznov

Founder of Reznov

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+support

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

+support

Surface mining was so lucrative in the last version because it was supposed to be a reward for escaping, like XP. It takes effort to escape, and for what, to get like 7k in 5 minutes till you get shot to hell by E11? E11 are able to hear anomalous and diamond being mined all the way from their base, too, which seems unrealistic if we're not using an industrial mining drill on the ores.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

- support

Tower is used by CI and MTF to counter raids or just generally skirmish. Removing it completely will just make the surface more boring especially for something like "D-Class Reward Mining". Which isn't even a reward cause late at night with like 40~ ish players you can get out like its nothing.

8 hours ago, Mav said:

+support

However I disagree about moving it to where the tower is, the tower is used by many people so it would be unfair to move it just because dclass dont like dying.

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

16 hours ago, royalderg said:

- support

Tower is used by CI and MTF to counter raids or just generally skirmish. Removing it completely will just make the surface more boring especially for something like "D-Class Reward Mining". Which isn't even a reward cause late at night with like 40~ ish players you can get out like its nothing.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

Yeah moving it would be a nice thing. I remember earlier with nu-7 checking it and busting a whole operation lol. Ended up destroying it and killing all the d boi's who escaped which was unfortunate but funny.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

• gamikzone featured, unfeatured, featured, unfeatured, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic