General Suggestion - Buy past the armor cap - Denied

Mary

What are you suggesting? - 
For people who have more than 200 armor be able to buy up to there level cap. It is kind of annoying to be on a CC with 200 Armor and only able to buy up tp 100 when you are fighting D-Class, CI, etc. 

How would this change better the server? - 
So that we can have our extra armor when we need it and so that we always have it. It will help MTF with their daily jobs and it will help CI when they raid or try to get SCPs from the foundation.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
Nothing that I can see.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
Everyone in MTF, CI, etc. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
N/A

Edit: fixed spelling mistakes

Edited by Mary

Free From GL ❤️

Kinda like how it is now. Shouldn't be so easy to stay alive that long. Ideally yes it would be nice, but I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. You can still heal your HP to max. It's only armor you cannot. It'll get out of hand for classes that have above 200 armor.

-Support

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

41 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

Kinda like how it is now. Shouldn't be so easy to stay alive that long. Ideally yes it would be nice, but I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. You can still heal your HP to max. It's only armor you cannot. It'll get out of hand for classes that have above 200 armor.

-Support

Messed up with the hp thing, fixed it as I suck at typing 

Free From GL ❤️

their*

• Laughing 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

2 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

- Support
While the idea is nice, I've talked with Igneous before about this and he said that you cannot buy more armor than 100 since it's hard-coded into the game that you can only go up to 100 armor and they can't touch those files at all. 

• Like 1

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support
While the idea is nice, I've talked with Igneous before about this and he said that you cannot buy more armor than 100 since it's hard-coded into the game that you can only go up to 100 armor and they can't touch those files at all. 

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

9 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

Quite sure this is just straight up impossible to do in Gmod.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Phillers said:

Quite sure this is just straight up impossible to do in Gmod.

Easiest way to explain it:

In a certain job, you can define a "Maximum Health Value". Therefore, medkits can check the Max Health of a Job, and only allow you to heal up to that amout. 

However, a "Maximum Armor Value" does not exist, therefore if I set the max armor for the armory to 200, every single job is able to buy 200 armor, including jobs that don't spawn with 200. 

big cat running GIF