Locus - False Warn Report- Accepted

John Sutter

Your In-game: John Sutter

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:425591647

The admin's name in-game: Locus

The admin's steam name (If you know it): Unknown

What warning did you receive: RDM

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):  https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1754685903688475714/25BC87C5BB0B4500CEA9EEFA70A2C49C59BD9B24/

Why do you think this warn was false:

I killed Prada after he killed a family member of mine.

Any extra information:

There seems to be a misconception of you have to advert assist before avenging a fallen comrade. 

Edited by John Sutter
add detail

I would like to say that when I talked with will after your talk with him he even agreed with me that its sorta of a gray area that some staff warn for and some don't he would of done a verbal but he says it was my sit at the end of day. The reason I warned is you I've almost been warned for the exact same thing.  If other staff think I am wrong I would love to hear it and if I'm wrong I'll apologize to you. 

Edited by [GL] Locus

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

+Support

There seems to be a whole lot of confusion on whether you need to advert assist or not if you're family member is being shot at, and it really needs clarification.

I would say its perfectly fine, and you were in the right to do so. It's much like defending yourself, you would obviously shoot back if you're being shot, so why not defend a family member who is being shot/killed? You have the same family name for a reason. I don't see a reason to advert assist to shoot someone. (Unless they're being arrested or something along those lines.)

This is the closest rule I could find pertaining to engaging in combat with /advert assist "If your family was involved in committing a crime and a family member is actively being arrested you may type /advert assist to assist that family member, you must follow all rules with NLR and FailRP."

No where else in the MOTD does it state you're required to advert assist to defending a family member. This whole "required to advert assist to defend family" thing popped up out of no where. It wasn't a thing, and no one did it a few months ago, I'm not sure why people are thinking its a rule now. I personally have never adverted assist to engage in a gunfight with people attacking family, members and I know a bunch of other people haven't either. With that being said I feel this warn should be removed.

• Like 2

PoliceRP - Retired Manager

Retired SWAT Commander | UMC 

Just now, Drippy said:

+Support

There seems to be a whole lot of confusion on whether you need to advert assist or not if you're family member is being shot at, and it really needs clarification.

I would say its perfectly fine, and you were in the right to do so. It's much like defending yourself, you would obviously shoot back if you're being shot, so why not defend a family member who is being shot/killed? You have the same family name for a reason. I don't see a reason to advert assist to shoot someone. (Unless they're being arrested or something along those lines.)

This is the closest rule I could find pertaining to engaging in combat with /advert assist "If your family was involved in committing a crime and a family member is actively being arrested you may type /advert assist to assist that family member, you must follow all rules with NLR and FailRP."

No where else in the MOTD does it state you're required to advert assist to defending a family member. This whole "required to advert assist to defend family" thing popped up out of no where. It wasn't a thing, and no one did it a few months ago, I'm not sure why people are thinking its a rule now. I personally have never adverted assist to engage in a gunfight with people attacking family, members and I know a bunch of other people haven't either. With that being said I feel this warn should be removed.

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

Just now, Drippy said:

+Support

1 hour ago, Drippy said:

+Support

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

2 hours ago, Drippy said:

+Support

in my opinion its like FearRP if shots are fired you dont need to advert unless its to break them out.

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor