NR Does Stuff Ban Appeal

NR Does Stuff

Steam Name: NR Does Stuff

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198307736628/

Ingame Name: Joe Biden

Ban Length: The Admin originally said 2 weeks but then extended it to 4 weeks shortly after

Admin that Banned you: AFK hope

Reason for Ban: "Making light of BLM"

Dispute: I am new to the server and I didnt know that making those types of jokes was a bannable offence. I am really sorry I really should have read the rules better. The joke i said in ooc was "Wow D-block has more shootings than a BLM Protest" and i didnt mean anything bad about it. I recently started playing the server a few days ago and didnt know making an offensive joke like that can get you banned for so long. Also the admin originally said he would ban me for two weeks, but then later extended it to a month for some reason. I would like to have at least a reduction of my ban sentence since im new and didnt know that was against the rules. If my ban sentence can at least get reduced i will be eternally greatful and i can promise I would never make any types of jokes like that again.

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

image.png.adb84d430f37b6ca876984a90c6deda6.png

image.png.0e5228466e2fecaf96fda3b54e652a36.png

Making light of the current events will warrant at least a month ban, especially when you make a joke such as that in OOC, it's not fair for the first responders that actually plays on the server. I am merely just following the guideline. 

You should consider yourself lucky as others has been banned permanently due to jokes like these,

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

-Support

- Clearly broke a rule.

- Clear evidence of reason for Extension.

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

8 minutes ago, Hope said:

Making light of the current events will warrant at least a month ban, especially when you make a joke such as that in OOC, it's not fair for the first responders that actually plays on the server. I am merely just following the guideline. 

Where exactly in the rules says I am not allowed to make light of current events besides that Discord post? I would like to know so I know where to see it so i wont make that mistake again

[EDIT] I cant really find any rules in the rule book saying I cant make light of the protests, so I couldnt possibly know that was a bannable offence.

Edited by NR Does Stuff

2 minutes ago, NR Does Stuff said:

Where exactly in the rules says I am not allowed to make light of current events besides that Discord post? I would like to know so I know where to see it so i wont make that mistake again

It's common sense not to joke around with current affairs that are happening around the world. As the owner of the community said it, he does not NEED to make the announcement for us to understand not to cross the line with the current events regarding this. If you think that since it is not stated in the rules and it is okay to make that joke, I don't know what to say anymore. The SCP-RP rules are generally listed as the rules of each classes and stuff and what you ARE expected when you are playing on the server.

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

It's common sense not to joke around with current affairs that are happening around the world. As the owner of the community said it, he does not NEED to make the announcement for us to understand not to cross the line with the current events regarding this. If you think that since it is not stated in the rules and it is okay to make that joke, I don't know what to say anymore. The SCP-RP rules are generally listed as the rules of each classes and stuff and what you ARE expected when you are playing on the server.

Even though its common sense, Its kind of unreasonable to ban someone for a month for something not stated in the rulebook but only made in a discord announcement. A warning I would undestand but an actual ban for something not stated in the rules? Although it may not be ok to some people to make that joke there is nothing in the rulebook saying I cant make those types of jokes so i dont think the ban was reasonable. 

I just dont think that its fair that im being banned for something thats not even in the rulebook.

Edited by NR Does Stuff

11 minutes ago, NR Does Stuff said:

Im sorry i broke a rule that was only mentioned in a discord announcment.

That’s quite a sarcastic response my man. Also, the MOTD states “Gaminglight does not tolerate ... racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive. Gaminglight has a zero-tolerance policy towards this type of conduct.” It also says staff has the “final say.” Your comments definitely can be taken in an offensive manner. Furthermore, as you stated, it’s common sense to not say this stuff. 

Major -support

32 minutes ago, Hope said:

You should consider yourself lucky as others has been banned permanently due to jokes like these,

Edited by NR Does Stuff

This will be my last comment on this post

You are practically saying, "Since no where in the rule book I am allowed to say homophobia slurs, I am allowed to say it." In this case, "No where in the rule book I am allowed to make offensive jokes that can warrants a ban, so I can make that joke in OOC." or "No where in the rule book did it say that I cannot exploit and gain a game breaking advantage, so I can do that."

I will only say it once.

Just because a rule isn't listed in the rule book, doesn't mean you can neglect it. Rules are meant to guide you towards a direction that are safe, fun and enjoyable for everyone. Not every rules has to be there in order for you to follow it. Some common sense are required.

Edited by Hope
  • Gaminglight Love 1

-support

this is not the attitude you bring to a new server, i dont think joining a server and talking about touchy subjects such as that is the smartest thing to do. 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png