Should I become staff?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become staff?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Security OFC Onyx / JR Onyx

What is your steam name?: Onyx

What is your steam ID?:

Do you have any other experience with staffing? (If yes, explain): Yes I do. I have been staff on many servers, including different RP's. However, I have not been SCP-RP Staff before. Some of the servers I have been staff on include, Defcon Gaming, Venomous Gaming, NamelessRP, and more. I have a lot of experience with ULX, including some LUA.

What date did you start playing on the community?: (roughly) Sept. 9th 2018, but on SCP-RP, somewhere in Febuary, was the first time I joined the server. Forums however I just made an account today because I wanted to apply.

What date did you make your forums account?: Today (5/8/20)

Current rank on server? (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank): N/A

How many warns do you have on the server? (Show proof with a screenshot): 0 

unknown.png

Have you donated?: No, but I plan to soon.

What rank are you applying for?: Trial-Moderator

Are you staff on another community? (BE HONEST): Not anymore, I left my friends server. I am still in their discord, its dead so they arent even keeping up with it. I do still have my roles in it, but I am no longer taking part in it. So no I am not staff in any other server anymore.

Have you read the staff guidelines at? You will be tested on it: Yes

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum):

I don't think I should deserve this rank, I think I should earn it through activity and example of good roleplay & Sportsmanship. I can be active and do some good RP.  The reasons I believe that I could be a good staff member, is because I have experience, I have been staff on a lot of servers over the past few years that I have been playing Garry's Mod. This experience is always helpful in any server and it can always be helpful to any server. I know how to handle sitsand how to handle punishments correctly. I know my way around B-Logs & ULX, this server may not use B-Logs but if it does, that would be great. Besides Experience, I can also be very active. At the moment, I take online classes, this may change next year, but for this year I do (not just because of quarantine). This allows me to be on when other staff members may be at school or whatever. Altogether, I believe that my experience and future activity can make up for my current lack in activity and my warns from the past.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?:

I would jail, freeze, strip, or gag them. It depends on any situation (What commands I have access to and etc.) More than likely would strip them, jail them, and then gag them. I would explain to them that what they are doing is wrong and if I can, try to get their reason from them. I would tell them that they are going to get banned, and that they should read the rules on the website before returning (if it isnt permanent). If I cant ban, then I would just keep them jailed, maybe kick them. Get their ID and give it to a senior staff member in Discord or in game if there is one available.

Edited by Onyx

-support

- I have not seen you on before (might be due to time zone differences)

- Not well known around the general community

- Very new to the community (forum account as mentioned was created today)

- Trial mods cannot ban from what I know (this makes me think that he did not read the guidelines fully)

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

Just now, Hope said:

-support

- I have not seen you on before (might be due to time zone differences)

- Not well known around the general community

- Very new to the community (forum account as mentioned was created today)

- Trial mods cannot ban from what I know (I might be wrong)

- Lastly, does not meet the requirement... ( 20 + forum posts or 1 week of play time)

Trial Mods cant ban. 1 week of playtime was already achived (I've been playing with them for 2 weeks, and 20 posts is a recommendation not a requirement)

Neutral.

Oh Shit! A Rat!

-Support

Never seen you, your forum activity is poor, and your last question is wrong. I recommend reading the staff guidelines, study them so when the time comes you will be ready and knowledgeable of what to expect. I also recommend playing more and getting to know people within the community, as well as improving your forum activity.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

8 hours ago, Dr. Shaw likes pizza said:

20 posts is a recommendation not a requirement

To quote the staff application guidelines, “We would like to see at least 25+ Posts for your Forums Account“ Onyx has 4 posts (of which 3 are him simply quoting people).

Anyways, -support. 

I personally haven’t seen you on, but as stated above this could be a Timezone thing or the fact that I’m in CI. 

Your response to Q.16 (the simulated response on MRDM) was atrocious and completely. 

I simply believe that in order for you to become staff you need to become more well known and re-read things such as the staff handbook. 

Edited by October

You do not have the minimum number of forum posts.

The question wasn’t answered properly and only Admin+ can ban for that time

Havent seen you on the server
I suggest building a reputation within the community and then applying 

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

38 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

You do not have the minimum number of forum posts.

The question wasn’t answered properly and only Admin+ can ban for that time

Havent seen you on the server
I suggest building a reputation within the community and then applying 

-Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support
Overall lack of community reputation to be had, whether it be in the SCP-RP server or the Forums to a concerning degree, only content that is to be had are quotes on other staff applications towards staff members/community members in which you do not know. I do not believe you are known well enough for this position at this time, nor should you be trusted with it, and I recommend building a good community reputation before reapplying. Also I recommend rereading the staff guidelines that are provided for the SCP-RP Administration should you not have done so already.

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46
Observed their forum activity | Should not be trusted at this time

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."