Roleplaygod Staff App Response Suggestion.

Roleplaygod

What you want to see? -  I want to see an end to the " I don't see you on " " I don't know you " " Never seen you in-game" " Never seen you on TS"  on staff applications.

Why should we add it? -  It makes no sense at all. What is the point for there to be an application if people are going to vote "No" just because they don't know the applicant. Why not just make someone apply and just say " Hi I am Roleplaygod I am applying do you know me enough to vote for me? " 

I will go one by one and explain how they don't make any sense...

" I don't know you " - Okey because you are supposed to know everyone in the community? There are 100 players on daily how is one person supposed to stand out from the rest?

" I don't see you on " - There are 100 players on daily how is one person supposed to stand out from the rest? Unless you are literally sitting there holding Tab and memorizing all the names it is impossible.

Never seen you in-game" - ^

" Never seen you on TS" - This one I kinda understand because it is easier to see people on TS rather than in-game but why does it matter if they are on TS prior to them being admin or not? If they RP as a criminal it is pointless to be on TS as it is not required. There is no point in having TS open and taking up a slot. Also, TS (for PoliceRP) is mainly cops and not even. It is just tactical units in their locked channels that's it.

The reason I am making this is that I feel like people are not getting a fair chance. I applied for Staff my first time around and all I did was Base somewhere to make some money and then just drive around or become a cop here and there. Admins act like this is a bad thing but on the other hand, it is a good thing. If someone has countless hours of play time and 0 warnings but you don't know them does that not mean that they don't break the rules????? If an admin knows someone is because you have to keep bringing them into a sit. But if someone is never brought to a sit isn't that a good thing?

What are the advantages of having this? - Fair chance to all applicants. Get judged by the hours and warning they have in-game and by how their application is. If they have the hours it definitely must mean they at least play right?

Who is it mainly for? - Applicants

Links to any content -  N / A

- Support

It comes up in staff applications because the staff team wants to see if you are active. We give our input on the staff application and if nobody has seen you on then you have a less chance of getting staff. Yes, there may be over 100 people joining the server per say but the whole staff team had to work for that too and stand out so people see that we are active. Yes, it may be unfair to some people because they might be in a different time zone but if other staff members see that you are active and can handle staff they will most likely plus support you.

+Support 

All of these responses are invalid, if you do not know the person then you have no grounds to base a negative comment about them. Gametracker is what we should be countering these comments with, if you have the hours, then frankly it doesn’t matter if you have seen them or not. 

24 minutes ago, Jack Ron said:

- Support

It comes up in staff applications because the staff team wants to see if you are active. We give our input on the staff application and if nobody has seen you on then you have a less chance of getting staff. Yes, there may be over 100 people joining the server per say but the whole staff team had to work for that too and stand out so people see that we are active. Yes, it may be unfair to some people because they might be in a different time zone but if other staff members see that you are active and can handle staff they will most likely plus support you.

53 minutes ago, Jack Ron said:

- Support

Can you tell me how you are supposed to stand out in a good way? The only way I see it is by getting in trouble and being taken to a sit and the staff knowing your name because they keep getting reports on you. But if you follow all the rules and never get pulled to a sit and you just mind your own business how are you supposed to stand out?

As well as what is the point of the 48H requirement then? because right now it means nothing. The 48H requirement is there to show that you have played the server for 2 days worth of gameplay so that being said that shows that you play and are in-game. There is no need to get the staff's attention.

The point of a staff member is to deal with people behaving badly so how are you supposed to get their attention by behaving good and following the rules?

Think of it as your school principal. He/She most likely does not know your name. They only know the names of the people who are constantly in their office because they did something bad. Now how is that one nice kid that does not get even a call home all year long supposed to stand out? He doesn't he just goes under the radar. The same thing happens here.

It's an invalid argument that makes no sense. You are judging people's ability to do a job depending on how well you know them. And what if it's the other way? Not that they don't stand out but that you just don't remember them even after RPing with them the same morning. It is annoying and it ruins the chances for some people.

You are saying that they are not fit to do the job od a Moderator because you have failed to notice their appearance. Something that is completely wrong in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

Can you tell me how you are supposed to stand out in a good way? The only way I see it is by getting in trouble and being taken to a sit and the staff knowing your name because they keep getting reports on you. But if you follow all the rules and never get pulled to a sit and you just mind your own business how are you supposed to stand out?

As well as what is the point of the 48H requirement then? because right now it means nothing. The 48H requirement is there to show that you have played the server for 2 days worth of gameplay so that being said that shows that you play and are in-game. There is no need to get the staff's attention.

The point of a staff member is to deal with people behaving badly so how are you supposed to get their attention by behaving good and following the rules?

Think of it as your school principal. He/She most likely does not know your name. They only know the names of the people who are constantly in their office because they did something bad. Now how is that one nice kid that does not get even a call home all year long supposed to stand out? He doesn't he just goes under the radar. The same thing happens here.

It's an invalid argument that makes no sense. You are judging people's ability to do a job depending on how well you know them. And what if it's the other way? Not that they don't stand out but that you just don't remember them even after RPing with them the same morning. It is annoying and it ruins the chances for some people.

You are saying that they are not fit to do the job od a Moderator because you have failed to notice their appearance. Something that is completely wrong in my opinion.

You can stand out in a good way in a lot of ways. Some is posting on the forums a lot, being in Teamspeak while playing, joining departments. All of the staff team were able to make themselves stand out in a good way so you should be able too as well.

Just now, Jack Ron said:

You can stand out in a good way in a lot of ways. Some is posting on the forums a lot, being in Teamspeak while playing, joining departments. All of the staff team were able to make themselves stand out in a good way so you should be able too as well.

"so you should be able too as well." not talking about me here bud

Posting on the forums I get but people still say AND I QUOTE "I don't see you in-game" So we are back to the in-game issue, not forums.

Same goes for TS. Also, why have TS running if you are playing as a thief and are bassing somewhere? Not even PD has it running and they are "supposed to"

Joining departments yea but that still won't make you stand out. It will only to that department, not anyone else.

1 hour ago, Jack Ron said:

- Support

Banned from Signatures - Valk - DNR - 11/25/17

1 hour ago, Jack Ron said:

- Support

Honestly i only +Support applications if i have seen them in game, For example Bambob. I +Supported his app because he is active

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

2 minutes ago, Danny Muller said:

Honestly i only +Support applications if i have seen them in game, For example Bambob. I +Supported his app because he is active

Proves my point. +1 because he is active. You didn't plus one because you think he would make a good addition to the team or could handle the job nope. Just cuz you saw him around.

Well staff makes a decision just like everyone else does. We all have opinions about other people and we express them on applications such as Staff applications. So if you are going to get mad because staff is expressing the way they feel about you then maybe improve on the things that you are doing wrong. Most staff is very active also so we are able to see if you are actually in game or not. 

Banned from Signatures - Valk - DNR - 11/25/17

57 minutes ago, Jack Ron said:

Let me make this easy for all of us, it is simply not fair to post these comments on someone’s staff application because of the fact this server is busy 24/7, meaning people play in every time zone. If you haven’t seen the player but he still has a substantial amount of hours on gametracker, don’t post. You should really only -support if it is observed that the player has a bad personality and temper, or is overall a dick. Otherwise why ruin the kid’s chances? That’s just childish...

Edited by Agustus Jones

1 minute ago, Jeff M. said:

Well staff makes a decision just like everyone else does. We all have opinions about other people and we express them on applications such as Staff applications. So if you are going to get mad because staff is expressing the way they feel about you then maybe improve on the things that you are doing wrong. Most staff is very active also so we are able to see if you are actually in game or not. 

Again not talking about me. I have seen it in multiple applications. If you go check mine right now it has nothing to do with this the comments are completely different this is just how I feel in a general view.

Also Staff or not it still goes the same way if not worst. None staff are cut down to only knowing people in RP when staff get to fly around and do sits meeting people that way.

Also, I am not mad that you guys are doing it (by you guys I mean everyone, not just staff) I am expressing how I think it's unfair and it gives a false review on an application. As per the comment above yours, you can see that he got a +1 on his application just because he was seen but not for his ability to do the job it'self. That's where the problem comes in and could be misleading.

2 minutes ago, Agustus Jones said:

Let me make this easy for all of us, it is simply not fair to post these comments on someone’s staff application because of the fact this server is busy 24/7, meaning people play in every time zone. If you haven’t seen the player but he still has a substantial amount of hours on gametracker, don’t post. You should really only -support if it is observed that the player has a bad personality and temper, or is overall a dick. Otherwise why ruin the kid’s chances? That’s just childish...

My point exactly.

He also just brought a good point too.

How are you to judge someone if you haven't even met them?

How can you say "No you are not fit for staff" if you have no real opinion on how their personality is or how they handle situations.

It is fair on the other hand to say "- Support saw you mining around and yelling at people" That is a fair argument.

Doing a - Support on an application makes it look bad when all you are -supporting is because that person does not stand out to you.

3 hours ago, Jack Ron said:

- Support

PD Captain  Senior Moderator Late night minge patrol 

20 minutes ago, ArmyGuy said:

It's the person's opinion, if he's never seen you in game than that's that, it just means they don't know you and your personality 

Understandable, does just that simply warrant a negative support though? I strongly think not, what they should do is just not comment.

I saw same issue with a Chinese guy who is active but live in China therefore it a huge timezone gap. And people stated on his that they never saw him. Even though he was very active just different timezone. 

I think you should next time show your gametracker graphs or Have staff apps have gametracker graphs as a requirement.

2 hours ago, ArmyGuy said:

It's the person's opinion, if he's never seen you in game than that's that, it just means they don't know you and your personality 

2 hours ago, Agustus Jones said:

Understandable, does just that simply warrant a negative support though? I strongly think not, what they should do is just not comment.

ArmyGuy that's ok but why not just leave the app alone and don't respond. How can you judge someone if you have never even met them, that is just rude and unprofessional.

Not saying give them a + Support but don't give them a negative either

• Like 1

• Fame locked this topic
  • Fame unlocked this topic
  • Fame locked this topic