Ban Appeal for Goku642004 (Steamname)- Accepted

Puddingchan

Steam Name: Goku642004

Ingame Name:Sextella

SteamID:76561198199613493

Ban Length: Indefinite

Admin that Banned you: [GL] Matilda

Reason for Ban: Rape/Erp Joke towards a friend.

Dispute: I made a sexual joke like I always to in most Gmod servers or games (I play with them outside the game too) and it's our inside joke about the rape thing (Not very mature sure but I can also understand the Admins view) Because in a game we play often, We make tons of jokes (Stardew Valley) and I did not know that the ban would be "Indefinite" and at first she banned me for 2 weeks and then bout 10 mins 20 mins later decided to change said time to indefinite for no reason. and I know that I shouldn't have made that joke out loud, But Indefinite over an inside joke which was explained to her as well and CHANGING the punishment after it was originally placed, Not only that but she is being disrespectful to my friend who was in said joke afterwards and bullying me and repeatedly killing me and swinging the body around with her admin gun or whatever, and on top of that there was no rules placed for joking about that, and the only thing it would be labeled for is ERP at best and SHOULD get a 2 week ban. She also apparently has a history with ERP too so you'd think she'd understand. But she is calling my friend disgusting for standing up for me and on top of that muting him for questioning things and asking for things. She also avoided where it specified we couldn't make sexual jokes and after a while we left. But we did annoy her for her being unreasonable and also very childish.  I hope I can hear back soon and I will provide screenshots as best as I can. She just now (At the time of finishing this up) Continued to place multiple bans on me and on top of that harass my friend (I don't have a video but I do take screenshots) but she also made a warn on my friend after he left due to the fact that he got arrested and it was after being harassed. I would like an appeal and for something to be done with her.  

She also had like 3 or 4 other people "Dickriding" her as my friend said, Saying they all agree to it and let people harass him and all he did was try to help and understand why there was a need for such a long ban. 2 week ban is fine with me but an indefinite is too much over a joke not to mention a joke made to my friend. 

Proof 9.png

Proof 8.png

Proof 7.png

Proof 6.png

Proof 5.png

Proof 4.png

Proof 3.png

Proof 2.png

Proof 1.png

Big -1
Personally I think an indefinite ban is very reasonable here, you have to learn that some "jokes" as you call them, shouldn't be said publicly and I also think it should be pretty obvious that this is not a topic to joke about in the first place. I also don't really know what her punishment history has to do with it all, this case doesn't get affected at all by it and what she got punished for in the past is not even close to something like this, I'm also fairly sure that every competent staff member would have given you the same punishment. 

Now when to the part where you mention that she was "harassing" your friend, that's completely untrue, I was there myself and heard everything and the only thing she said was that it was a disgusting "joke" to make and explained to your friend that you could appeal it on the forums, I don't see how that's "harassment", and also him being warned for LTARP is completely correct as he was being for a just reason. (I was doing pt and were on the scene when he killed a gov official). To me it doesn't really seem like you understand what you did wrong and just mention it to try to justify what you said.

@Kasper, You were not there the entire time nor were you there when certain things happened. I also suspect when you mention "Competent staff" you mean there are some that aren't.   The last bit is all you were there for and you also don't know most of what happened anyways and you never got my side of things and assumed right off that bat anyways without talking to the said person who got banned.    Also her past warns and what not may be a few years ago but that doesn't erase what she has done in the past and doesn't excuse the behavior in which she has done. Tis was very unprofessional in the banning first and foremost. Should have automatically given me an indefinite ban right from the get go not a two week ban, secondly on that same topic, She kept changing it and adding to it. It is not my first go at bans or mods, But I am 100% sure there was a better way of "Banning someone" I.E Making sure they are banned 100% and disconnected from the server right away. She failed to do so and in doing so she failed her job as a Superadmin.  You also have no reason to say most of your statement due to the fact you weren't there fully. With all Due respect of course.  You are entitled to your own opinions and all but there was still plenty of things that you did not know even though you say you were "There the entire time." Not to mention I heard most of what happened through my friend cause he relayed it. I also got shot and killed and cornered and what not so I couldn't be anywhere near and it's not exactly something a mod should do knowing that it was me who was "Shadow banned" Unprofessional.

To being with, you have failed to follow the MOTD which you agreed to follow when you joined the server. You should've read through the rules fully and understood that rape jokes are restricted and not a casual joke, it is disgusting and immature to joke about such matter. Even as an inside joke you shouldn't joke about it in adverts or OOC, people may not understand that it is an inside joke and you never know who you could hurt in the process either.

Your ban time was adjusted after I got an opinion of another JMT member. After that your ban was removed so I could make it indefinite, it was due to the severity of you actions with me initially being light with your punishment.

After you got banned I told your friend many times that you could appeal your ban here on the forums but I got met with arguments that made no sense. Told him to bring it out of OOC and he did not, so I muted him.

Lastly, my ERP warning has nothing to do with this situation and I did not make rape jokes unlike you (the warn was because I had my name set to Grammy). When you're shadow banned, people can kill you because you're KOS (Kill on sight). You also admitted to being childish and unreasonable in this appeal so, to conclude I do not see any reason why you should receive a reduced sentence or an unban.

Edited by Matilda

- PoliceRP Super Admin & Mayonnaise lover -

FBI  Director 1K-21 | HRT Overseer  | SRT SGT | UMC LVL 5 

Reserves: Trooper MAJ  | CERT 2LT  | State Head FTO  | EMS LT

Ah, Yes I was so Immature and childish in making a forum.  Meanwhile you also, Did not kick me from the server as you were supposed to after changing it to Indefinite, You played with my corpse and even as kill on sight it was immature and still assinine to do. You also are not wrong on the joke part I also mentioned that before. But it is whatever. I don't care if I get unbanned at this point or not. You are right with the blurting it out loud and I won't do that again. But you do you and do whatever ya want.  Just sucks being banned from the only populated Police RP server. Every other server is either dead or not in language range. Unlike 3 years ago.

Well, just going to state that we have rules for a reason, failure to follow them, gets you the punishment. 
There is something called a "Private Chat" which is the exact place you would write such "Jokes" 
The server has people playing on it, which will not want to see such noncense in OOC or Advert Chats
A last point I will make, is the you extension to indefinite/perma ban was decided by the Manager of the server. 
In my eyes your best course of action would have just tried to appolagise instead of blaming and trying to prove yourself right 

• Like 1

🔵S.W.A.T Commander ChipDail 1K15🔵

“You need to beaware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall 

Understandable, However apologizing would not have done any good either, I can be sorry or not be sorry but the outcome won't change, the only thing that would, is temporary feelings and a moment that is shared with me apologizing and going through that and then it would end the same. Now that's not to say I am not sorry. Cause I am and realize I should of thought bout that before doing it and this is not and should not be considered an excuse but it is factual and my own fault that I also did not have any sleep for 2 days and it's not good and again my own fault cause it can cause problems mentally and cause me to not think straight.    AGAIN not an excuse and not my reason. Just information.   And I was made aware 1 post ago that it was decided after an opinion. But my point STILL stands. That if you perma ban someone, YOU KICK THEM IMMEDIATLY.  There is no point in keeping them there in the server otherwise. If you didn't want them there, Finish the job. Respectfully.

-SUPPORT

Now, I've been away for a very long time, so I don't know this staff member. I want to make that known just in case anything comes up about me siding with staff because I know them. 

First and foremost, you have to understand the climate with certain things in society today. Some things can't be said now even in a joking manner because someone may take it the wrong way, which in this case I can completely understand. 

Am I saying that you feel bad? Not at all. But it does state in the MOTD that jokes of that nature are not allowed. As stated before, your ban was initially done for 2 weeks, removed and reinstated for a longer time due to a second opinion from other staff, which is completely allowed btw. 

Overall the best piece of advice I can give you with this scenario is try not to be hostile (I do get the vibes, no offense) and try to defend yourself in a respectable manner. Worst case, just take some time away and try to work on stuff like that because something that may be a joke to your and your friends, isn't exactly cut out as a joke to everyone else. 

• Like 1

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

-Support

1. Your Dispute: The core of your dispute is that what you said was a joke. While I believe that to be true, It's really not relevant. It comes down to the fact that you typed in chat something very gross, explicit, and illegal. If you want to joke about something like that with your friend, that's between you two. However, this server consists of a very wide age range of players, and it is necessary that we take things like this seriously.

2. Length of ban changing: It was reasonable, permissible, and in this case necessary to extend your ban length from two weeks. There is no rule that staff must adhere to their initial ban length. Sometimes it takes an extra moment of thought and/or another staff's perspective to see a punishment that better aligns with your actions. If you had served a considerable amount of time towards your ban length, I could see you making an argument against an extension, but this was a correction that was made within a fairly short period of time.

3. Disrespect towards you and/or your friend: If you feel she was being disrespectful and/or unprofessional, please make a staff report following the format and provide the necessary proof such as video, chat logs, etc.

4. You being killed: From what I can tell, it looks like this was after you had been banned. When you are Shadow Banned, it is permissible for players to kill you on sight for any reason.

5. Matilda's Warn History: Her warn history has zero relevance to your situation. Also, In one of your replies you say "her past warns and what not may be a few years ago but that doesn't erase what she has done in the past and doesn't excuse the behavior in which she has done." I don't believe anyone has made the claim that someone is excused of their past actions. That's why she still has the warn. It's a reflection of our past mistakes.

6. Your friends warn and his harassment: If you leave in the process of being arrested it qualifies as LTARP (Leaving to avoid roleplay). This is a necessary rule to help prevent people from attempting to quit the roleplay they were engaged in just because it is now unfavorable for them (Being caught and arrested). If your friend was truly being harassed, We take this seriously. Please have them make a player report on the specific player/s with evidence and they will be dealt with.

7. Disapproval of Ban Length: Staff do not have to give a certain punishment for each rule infraction. Staff have a guideline to somewhat help them out but at the end of the day it is their discretion. It's important because staff have to take in a whole lot of considerations before issuing a punishment. Two players who commit the same infraction may be given a slightly different punishment based around the circumstances of those situations. Management isn't likely to supersede a staff members discretionary punishment unless their opinions are pretty far apart.

I feel as though you need time to cool down and reflect on the events that transpired before you should appeal for a ban reduction.

Best of luck.

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png