Player Report - Spectral/Ellipsis

Dagger

This is a player report made on behalf of Zulu (AKA EOI Agent Poseidon), who requested I be the one to make it.

Your in game name: Ender

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:441649770        [Zulu's Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:95781099]

The player's in game name: MTF A1 COL Spectral 

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:138182274

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 8/23/2023, around 7:30 PM EST

What did the player do: RDM

As shown in the first clip, me and a group of disguised EOI are outside of that blast shelter area. For context, there were a few A1 and 2 O5 inside doing something. Me and Dutch are making jokes about weed outside the door. We are ordered to leave the area or we will be killed. We decide to take our leave on account of not wanting to die, however we are chased down by Ellipsis and one of the EOI who wasn't even apart of the shenanigans is killed along with me and another agent being seriously injured. 

Throughout the sit, Zulu is consistently asking me to be brought because (no offence to Zulu), he is decently new to the server and things could be explained much easier by me. In the past, staff have had no issues with bringing other individuals into sits, however, Sprink consistently refuses to allow me to be brought, despite the fact that he openly says he was trying to get the O5 (Infected) to join the sit because he was there. Hell, I feel this is proof of bias innit of itself considering he is favoring one side via attempting to allow them to bring in their buddy, but not the other side. The O5 never does join because they didn't feel like it I guess, and Sprink just ends up ending the sit with the closing note of that he wouldn't really do anything either way since Ellipsis is a higher staff rank than him.  Sprink claims that I'm not needed in the sit, however I was actively in the situation when it happened, so I have as much right to be there as Infected would.

Ellipsis's reasoning for trying to kill all of us was that he was ordered to by O5... for us talking about weed... He also says that the original plan was to arrest us, but then we left arrest range so he switched to kill mode. But like... the man was literally next to us in the start of the clip and faster than us... He actively lets us leave like we were told to do, then shoots us. That's like a cop telling someone to get away from them or they'll shoot, then shooting the dude for walking away like he's told...

At no point are we told to stop or we'll be shot, nor is an AOS even bothered to be called on us. Additionally, in the clip of the sit Ellipses says that the other A1 also tried to kill us, however in the clip of what actually happened, he is the only A1 to be seen actively attempting to kill us. Near the end of the clip you can see an A1 start to chase us, but they never did actually interact with us after that, much less shoot us, so they must've turned back.

Being ordered to do something by Site Admin doesn't make you immune from the consequences of going through with your orders, your not some mindless drone that has zero free will.

Anyways, this was overall just a frustrating experience for Zulu in particular, who voiced his frustrations in TS afterwards since he had some RP things set up to be done, which obviously got canceled due to his untimely demise.

Evidence (required):

RDM Clip - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1qtjskT_AF7e7M/d1337eF1EBO5?invite=cr-MSxWb1csNjUwOTY2NTgs

Sit Clip - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1qtrHUfXyUKE27/d1337B9eBaxR?invite=cr-MSxKUm4sNjUwOTY2NTgs

What do you believe should happen to the player: A warn for RDM

Any extra information:

Edited by Dagger
Left out a little bit

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

Everything said here is true with how things went down as well as how things were handled. I was never given a warning nor heard one before we pulled back and left. The fact that you see the gun of the Alpha 1 before I leave gave them enough time to catch up to us to stop us, ID us if we were really suspicous as he said in the sit as it was called out over radio and find out if we did have drugs on us. I have been trying to get something done for the past two days and finally got the first part of it done opening the chance up to do what I wanted to only be gunned down right away without warning or chance to stop it.

What makes even worst in my eyes was this was the fact someone mentioned they had weed and is what kicked this all off. Shooting at everyone over a joke of weed seems highly overkill in my eyes as well as the fact I had trouble explaining everything in detail due to being newer whilst in the sit. If we were also suspicous an AOS should of been called so they could arrest us and try to ID us. I did give permission for Ender to help post this as he knows this thing like the back of his hand and would be way better to help explain things as I would struggle to do so as previously stated. The fact the sit was ended with the phrase "Nothing he can say is really going to change anything" left a really sour taste in my mouth after that moment. 

I honestly just want things to be fair, as well as not focus just on tickets alone. The admin could of easily brough people back if there was issue on their end preventing someone from being brought to get the full story and follow up on it not limiting it to a ticket thing alone. This would give a chance for both sides to be adequately explained and a fair final decision can be offered. Overall as stated by Ender this was a very frustrating experience and comparing this to A1 gunning down D5 as the A1 did state in the sit doesn't seem to be equal by saying they don't complain when that happens. 

Edited by Lambsauce

24 minutes ago, Dutch- said:

+support

I'm quite frankly amazed that someone at this staff rank would seriously try and pull this. Is this what we're doing now?

We're chillin, doing a little minging, people ask us to leave, we turn to leave, and start getting shot. This isnt something that should go unpunished. In fact, i would recommend a higher punishment within staff for doing this, this is ridiculous from a representative of the server. Doesn't put staff or A-1 in much of a good light..

Yikes

Free From GL ❤️

3 hours ago, Dagger said:

This is a player report made on behalf of Zulu (AKA EOI Agent Poseidon), who requested I be the one to make it.

Your in game name: Ender

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:441649770        [Zulu's Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:95781099]

The player's in game name: MTF A1 COL Spectral 

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:138182274

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 8/23/2023, around 7:30 PM EST

What did the player do: RDM

As shown in the first clip, me and a group of disguised EOI are outside of that blast shelter area. For context, there were a few A1 and 2 O5 inside doing something. Me and Dutch are making jokes about weed outside the door. We are ordered to leave the area or we will be killed. We decide to take our leave on account of not wanting to die, however we are chased down by Ellipsis and one of the EOI who wasn't even apart of the shenanigans is killed along with me and another agent being seriously injured. 

Throughout the sit, Zulu is consistently asking me to be brought because (no offence to Zulu), he is decently new to the server and things could be explained much easier by me. In the past, staff have had no issues with bringing other individuals into sits, however, Sprink consistently refuses to allow me to be brought, despite the fact that he openly says he was trying to get the O5 (Infected) to join the sit because he was there. Hell, I feel this is proof of bias innit of itself considering he is favoring one side via attempting to allow them to bring in their buddy, but not the other side. The O5 never does join because they didn't feel like it I guess, and Sprink just ends up ending the sit with the closing note of that he wouldn't really do anything either way since Ellipsis is a higher staff rank than him.  Sprink claims that I'm not needed in the sit, however I was actively in the situation when it happened, so I have as much right to be there as Infected would.

Ellipsis's reasoning for trying to kill all of us was that he was ordered to by O5... for us talking about weed... He also says that the original plan was to arrest us, but then we left arrest range so he switched to kill mode. But like... the man was literally next to us in the start of the clip and faster than us... He actively lets us leave like we were told to do, then shoots us. That's like a cop telling someone to get away from them or they'll shoot, then shooting the dude for walking away like he's told...

At no point are we told to stop or we'll be shot, nor is an AOS even bothered to be called on us. Additionally, in the clip of the sit Ellipses says that the other A1 also tried to kill us, however in the clip of what actually happened, he is the only A1 to be seen actively attempting to kill us. Near the end of the clip you can see an A1 start to chase us, but they never did actually interact with us after that, much less shoot us, so they must've turned back.

Being ordered to do something by Site Admin doesn't make you immune from the consequences of going through with your orders, your not some mindless drone that has zero free will.

Anyways, this was overall just a frustrating experience for Zulu in particular, who voiced his frustrations in TS afterwards since he had some RP things set up to be done, which obviously got canceled due to his untimely demise.

Evidence (required):

RDM Clip - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1qtjskT_AF7e7M/d1337eF1EBO5?invite=cr-MSxWb1csNjUwOTY2NTgs

Sit Clip - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1qtrHUfXyUKE27/d1337B9eBaxR?invite=cr-MSxKUm4sNjUwOTY2NTgs

What do you believe should happen to the player: A warn for RDM

Any extra information:

After doing some digging about this I found out that you guys did not just leave but said “What if we sit out here menacingly” and continued to spam “we have drugs and weed” and I think a1 had 100% rights to kill you in that situation and I think you guys shouldn’t leave out things cause he could get  removed for it. 
so with that -support 

A few things about the sit isn’t accurate but I can understand why you think things seeing how you weren’t there.

1. I tried adding both you and Infected to the air but neither attempts worked. I tried steam ID, player names, steam 64, and nothing was working. This was right after a lag spike and the server wasn’t registering that you were even on the server. I did try and add you to the sit multiple times even though being sorta against you being added due to the sit due to  not taking he said she said statements as proof. Due to the fact of not being able to add Infected or Ender to the sit I advised the player to move this to the forums due to me not being able to get the perspectives of either party’s. I would have tried to remake the sit just by bringing people forcefully without the staff sit system but I immediately crashed after the sit due to multiple LUA errors which were most likely the same things glitching the player count and me not being able to bring other people to the sit.

2. Again you weren’t here for the sit so wouldn’t understand the previous context. When I said “Nothing he can say is really going to change anything”. This is due to the fact that even if I was able to add him at the moment which previously stated I was unable to do I never would have been able to punish Ellipsis/Spectral. A main staff rule is that you cannot earn people of higher staff ranks meaning even if I wanted to I wouldn’t have been able to. 

3. I’m not going to be leaving a -/+ support or whatever due to the fact that we still don’t have all the information on the situation. Specifically we have no idea what the O5 were thinking in this situation and need to know what was going on from them before making a decision here. A clip of the RDM going on is present but the context of the clip or previous minute of the situation that went on is not in the clip.

Hope this clears up a few things on staff rules and the staff situation. Again would advise getting the views of other people at the situation including the O5 and some of the EOI.

Screenshots about the whole warning higher staff thing:

1085FCA9-93C5-4AEC-8857-AC802E6CA4F7.jpg
unknown.png

Edited by Sprink

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

5 hours ago, Sogieeeeeee said:

After doing some digging about this I found out that you guys did not just leave but said “What if we sit out here menacingly” and continued to spam “we have drugs and weed” and I think a1 had 100% rights to kill you in that situation and I think you guys shouldn’t leave out things cause he could get  removed for it. 
so with that -support 

To clarify a bit more. I am not hunting for anything to be removed, yet I don't want to lose out on 9 ish combined hours of trying to do RP over 2 days to only get gunned down when I physically heard no warning and there were chances to cuff me as well as to tell me to stop over just shooting the entire group. I just want a warn as stated above to be issued. I have not had issues  with spectral before this day nor do I have a grudge to go after his A1 position or staff rank. I just want to prevent stuff like this happening again between other players by clarifying things here.

Edited by Lambsauce

Massive -Support

I was with Elipsis and Saint during this incident, when you came to the door and said " what if we sit out here menacingly" and  "We have drugs and weed" we were ordered to kill you for what I would safely assume would be for impeding with A-1 Operations. 

The result of the altercation would have been completely different if you had left when we had asked the first time.

EX E11 Vice Commander | 2x Ex Static Task Force D4 Head

EX Omi9 Colonel | EX OM9 Experimental Head

EX ST Vice Commander | EX Storm Commando Lead

58 minutes ago, Black0ut said:

Massive -Support

I was with Elipsis and Saint during this incident, when you came to the door and said " what if we sit out here menacingly" and  "We have drugs and weed" we were ordered to kill you for what I would safely assume would be for impeding with A-1 Operations. 

The result of the altercation would have been completely different if you had left when we had asked the first time.

Again, I was the last one to come to the group when this all happened as was the first one gunned down after that was said and done. Though, couldn't you have said if we continued what we were doing we were at risk of being killed or arrested? Giving a silent order to kill over blatent banter and weed agiain seems like a over reaction for the situation where it was told in the sit you were to arrest us and had the chance to nab at least one of us without chasing too far.

This would be like Ignis telling a CI hotshot to kill a maintenence member for saying what if he stood outside the electrical door menacingly in a raid and was then gunned down By CI shortly after. To me as I didn't see everything, so it seems so unlogical seeing only the aftermath myself being apart of it. Just trying to understand where you are coming from is all.

Edited by Lambsauce

Right. Where to start.... 

Well mainly a lot of details have been left out as to how this situation even came to form. 

This whole situation seemed to have started while Me, Saint and Blackout were Guarding Weiss and Infected as A-1. At the time the O5 were bored and looking for something to do and so when a event team made a "Unknown SCP" type of event, the O5 decided to capture and interrogate themselves. According to weiss there were no open containment chambers at the time and so we resorted to using HCZ Panic Room. After about 30 seconds into the interrogation a random maint guy started mic spamming at the door and shouting, Infected then went up to the door and said "If you come in here im killing you". After aprox 1 - 2 minutes pass it seemed a bunch of the other EOI decided to come join him in disturbing OUR RP by mic spamming and being annoying by saying the phrases mentioned by previous posts. During this time infected told us to kill anyone that enters and give warnings, so that is what we did. We gave multiple warnings to the Maint / EOI members to leave as it was level 5 business. After warning and continuous disruption infected gave us the order "Just go arrest them or kill them if you cant capture them". Weiss then put gas down and we went to try and arrest however by that time the EOI had already taken off running so we acted upon the kill order given.

I am sorry that you died and I understand that you just arrived and had no part in it, however all of the other EOI caused the issues that resulted in the actions taken. I believe that this was a Wrong place & Wrong Time moment.

Current: Senior Admin | Forums Diplomat | Alpha-1 COL | Senior Event Team | Tea Enthusiast 

Former: Delta-5 LTCOL / HRO / G9 | O-1 LTCMDR

1 hour ago, Black0ut said:

when you came to the door and said " what if we sit out here menacingly" and  "We have drugs and weed"

Seems like some information was left out... CI would've killed ppl for a lot less.
-Support

9 minutes ago, Ellipsis said:

EOI decided to come join him in disturbing OUR RP by mic spamming and being annoying by saying the phrases mentioned by previous posts

If this happens in the future please let me know. We ain't got room for chimps.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

15 minutes ago, Ellipsis said:

This whole situation seemed to have started while Me, Saint and Blackout were Guarding Weiss and Infected as A-1. At the time the O5 were bored and looking for something to do and so when a event team made a "Unknown SCP" type of event, the O5 decided to capture and interrogate themselves. According to weiss there were no open containment chambers at the time and so we resorted to using HCZ Panic Room. After about 30 seconds into the interrogation a random maint guy started mic spamming at the door and shouting, Infected then went up to the door and said "If you come in here im killing you". After aprox 1 - 2 minutes pass it seemed a bunch of the other EOI decided to come join him in disturbing OUR RP by mic spamming and being annoying by saying the phrases mentioned by previous posts. During this time infected told us to kill anyone that enters and give warnings, so that is what we did. We gave multiple warnings to the Maint / EOI members to leave as it was level 5 business. After warning and continuous disruption infected gave us the order "Just go arrest them or kill them if you cant capture them". Weiss then put gas down and we went to try and arrest however by that time the EOI had already taken off running so we acted upon the kill order given.

As one of the members of A-1 that was involved in this situation, I can confirm that this is the proper order of events.

When the EOI first arrived, Infected gave them the warnings that if they continued to interfere that they would be arrested and or killed, to which I followed it up with pressing my A-1 bind which states: "This is a Level 5 A.O, you are advised to leave the area. Failure to do so will be met with force."

I pressed my bind twice I believe, and so with the warnings that Infected had made, and the warnings that I wrote in chat, the E.O.I were given an ample amount of time to leave the area, to which they refused, and so the orders were given to us by Infected to handle the E.O.I.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying one side was wrong or not, I just wanted to voice everything from my perspective. Like Ellipsis said, for Zulu it seems to have been a wrong place and wrong time moment, as for us we were just trying to do our duties as A-1, which means carrying out the orders given to us by O5.

- Support

Edited by Saint :)

9 hours ago, Sogieeeeeee said:

so with that -support 

2 hours ago, Black0ut said:

Massive -Support

-support 
This was just a super dumb move from the EOI, you left information out and that shouldnt happen, this report has no point, just deny it already

1 hour ago, Saint 🙂 said:

As one of the members of A-1 that was involved in this situation, I can confirm that this is the proper order of events.

When the EOI first arrived, Infected gave them the warnings that if they continued to interfere that they would be arrested and or killed, to which I followed it up with pressing my A-1 bind which states: "This is a Level 5 A.O, you are advised to leave the area. Failure to do so will be met with force."

I pressed my bind twice I believe, and so with the warnings that Infected had made, and the warnings that I wrote in chat, the E.O.I were given an ample amount of time to leave the area, to which they refused, and so the orders were given to us by Infected to handle the E.O.I.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying one side was wrong or not, I just wanted to voice everything from my perspective. Like Ellipsis said, for Zulu it seems to have been a wrong place and wrong time moment, as for us we were just trying to do our duties as A-1, which means carrying out the orders given to us by O5.

- Support

Changing to -Support

Free From GL ❤️