Donos Event Team suggestion - Accepted - In Progress - Completed

Dono

What you want to see? -  A refocusing of the Event team. 

Currently the Event team is a glorified minigame and giveaway service. The staff team has been relying on these spontaneous, non rp focused events that provide a low cash prize and xp incentive for players to populate the server. Now, we are seeing a widespread lack of interest from long term players (players who have been on the server for some time) to attend events that are hosted by the team. Most of the time, events are announced and maybe 3 people will join the server to attend the event. The only exception to this is when SMT themself hosts an event that is extremely rare or provides a store item for free to the winner.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose:

The Event Team exists so that it can aid in attracting players to join the server throughout the week and encourage continued activity amongst long term players. The current system has been dragged out and the Team is no longer really providing much attraction for players to join and for players to stick around. If the Team is failing to meet its purpose effectively, then something needs to be changed within the team so that it can continue to bring server activity up and keep it up.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What needs to be changed:

I have personally reached out to the following factions and their leadership teams and received feedback on what they want to see changed within the event team: SWAT, UMC, BOS, and SL. The following are things they have brought forward and things that I strongly believe would help the event team achieve those changes.

Current events are run excessively and are starting to make players lose interest in them.

Minigame and giveaway events when provided as excessively as they are now, make players lose interest in attending events entirely. There needs to be a decrease in the amount of these minigames and giveaways are run in order to build more interest around them. I would recommend restricting the number of these minigames & giveaways to just 1 or 2 a day.

More RP oriented events. Especially a change from events where players are teleported, given weapons and fight

Currently the Event team is not fully equipped to provide this effectively. This will be discussed in a later section of what should be added to the team so that they can effectively provide more rp events. Additionally, there should be an effort within the team to encourage its members to provide rp oriented events. The team would benefit greatly from an internal award handed out weekly to whoever hosts the greatest rp event each week. The prize could be cash or xp or both. [Call it ETM of the Week or something]

Events that specifically target / utilize Government Departments and Criminal Organizations

A large reason as to why criminal families are so rarely provided events is because in order to any events that utilize a family, you must obtain SMT permission before doing so. This restriction slows down any event planning and could potentially delay events from being run. This should be changed so that Event Team Seniors+ may run and give permission for events that utilize events. The only times where an event should be required to have SMT approval is an event that will giveaway or circulate more than 3 million to its participants or event jobs. The amounts of money that people can be reimbursed for should be detailed at each rank within the team. There is little to no guidance through any documentation on how much can actually be given away at each rank and because of this, many people higher up in the team freely giveaway cash prizes at different rates.

A way for players to provide feedback post-event so that their criticism can be improved upon for future events

After each event, it should be required for the host to advert for people to put in ooc a rating from 1 - 10 on how they enjoyed the event. These should all be screenshotted and submitted with the event log submission. Alternatively, you could give Event team the ability to use the vote command in game to collect responses on the event easily.

What permissions / tools need to be added to the team:

Permission and Access to utilize NPCs:

The event team will benefit greatly if it could utilize NPC’s to balance rp portions of events with light combat to consistently keep players engaged. The amount of creative freedom you have when you have access to npcs is enormous and not having access to this greatly restricts what you can do. This is a heavy permission because it can potentially cause lag / crash the server. The only way to do so, is if the ET members are not properly trained. With this permission, there should be proper training and documentation established so that NPC usage is not abused and is used properly so that player enjoyment is emphasized.

Currently NONE of these are documented as any guidelines for npc usage :

• Health, weapons, spawn flags, density and spawner tool usage guidelines

All of these things would need to be documented and trained. Also all of which should already be standardized even if the people at the top can use them.

Set Health and Set Armor:

The regular event team member does not have the ability to set health or armor. You MUST join the staff team and become a moderator as well in order to utilize these commands. This should be adjusted so that the event team can work independently from the staff team. It is technically already structured to be a system that operates independently from the staff team, limiting this command entirely cuts off the people within the team who only are interested in providing entertainment to the server.

Why should we add it? -

These additions to the team would allow the event team to provide a greater variety of events. By having these changes and additions, the event team will have a stronger impact in the servers vitality, activity and economy.

What are the advantages of having this? -

The event team will be able to do the following more efficiently:

Passive RP events

Gov Department focused events

Criminal faction / family / organization focused events

RP events that don't rely on cash/xp incentive alone to boost player population

Who is it mainly for? -

The Event team and the Police RP server as a whole

Links to any content -

None! All things are already within the server and require just internal rework of the current system.

Edited by Dono
  • Dislike 1

+ Support

Through these changes, events can become a much more impactful aspect of the server, leading to enjoyment for both Government and Criminal sides.

Events solely surrounded by the premise of prizes are antiquated. If every event, someone is expecting to win something out of it, it is no longer an event and rather a jeopardy to see who can perform greater. Although, these types can be beneficial at times, I believe it would be better to shorten the amount of these attributes within events to come.

With a greater variety and set of tools, the Event Team can exhibit remarkable roleplay and gameplay driven events, and will also further the interest of passive roleplay events, which can greatly improve the integrity of the server's roleplay.

• Like 2

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

• Manager
3 hours ago, Dono said:

What permissions / tools need to be added to the team:

Permission and Access to utilize NPCs:

The event team will benefit greatly if it could utilize NPC’s to balance rp portions of events with light combat to consistently keep players engaged. The amount of creative freedom you have when you have access to npcs is enormous and not having access to this greatly restricts what you can do. This is a heavy permission because it can potentially cause lag / crash the server. The only way to do so, is if the ET members are not properly trained. With this permission, there should be proper training and documentation established so that NPC usage is not abused and is used properly so that player enjoyment is emphasized.

Currently NONE of these are documented as any guidelines for npc usage :

• Health, weapons, spawn flags, density and spawner tool usage guidelines

All of these things would need to be documented and trained. Also all of which should already be standardized even if the people at the top can use them.

In all honesty, I do not believe normal Event Team Members should get access to NPC's and the spawner. Due to the fact that amount of entities/vehicles that are spawned in during playtime on the server (ex. printers, cars, weed, props etc) Even with the proper training and documentations, there will always be instances where an Event Team Member will go overboard with the amount of NPC's and will have no idea what they're doing. Trust me, during my time on ImperialRP which they use NPC's very often there was always time where somebody would spawn in the way too many NPC's and end of crashing or heavily lagging the server. Both NPC's (depending how much) and the entities and vehicles are used at medium range player counts can cause large amounts of lag. That is why Lead Admin+ are only allowed to use the NPC spawner as they are more experienced with what the server can handle and such. I do not trust people with little to no experience with the spawner even with the right amount of training, documents and rules.

Other then this I believe there should be changes on how the Event Team is ran as of now and event are extremely repetitive and there should be more ideas with events and should not follow a certain based format with events.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

31 minutes ago, Nimo said:

That is why Lead Admin+ are only allowed to use the NPC spawner as they are more experienced with what the server can handle and such. I do not trust people with little to no experience with the spawner even with the right amount of training, documents and rules.

The current npc tool on the server (there is only one) is the chromium npc spawner. It is probably the most safe spawner you can use because it limits the amount of npcs that can be spawned in at one time. Meaning you can set guidelines on spawning with the tool that would prevent people from spawning too many npcs. 

Additionally, just because you make it to Lead Admin, does NOT mean you understand how gmod servers perform under stress with npcs and SENTs. The only way you truly build this ability to understand performance, is by being trained and constantly running events that cause strain onto the server. Proper training with the tool and netgraph 3 eliminates a lot of problems with npc overuse. Also, the chromium tool can be set to delete all npcs upon undo, which is another failsafe built into the tool itself for spawning. Spawning npcs can be abused, but it can very easily be prevented from being used in the wrong way

Edited by Dono
  • Dislike 2

7 hours ago, Dono said:

The current npc tool on the server (there is only one) is the chromium npc spawner. It is probably the most safe spawner you can use because it limits the amount of npcs that can be spawned in at one time. Meaning you can set guidelines on spawning with the tool that would prevent people from spawning too many npcs. 

Additionally, just because you make it to Lead Admin, does NOT mean you understand how gmod servers perform under stress with npcs and SENTs. The only way you truly build this ability to understand performance, is by being trained and constantly running events that cause strain onto the server. Proper training with the tool and netgraph 3 eliminates a lot of problems with npc overuse. Also, the chromium tool can be set to delete all npcs upon undo, which is another failsafe built into the tool itself for spawning. Spawning npcs can be abused, but it can very easily be prevented from being used in the wrong way

-Support

This speaks more to people hosting bad events, and allowing them to use the NPC tool isn't going to change that. Additionally just because you know how a NPC tool works and throw in some buzzwords in a forum post doesn't mean you know how gmod servers perform under stress.

Edited by [GL] Alec
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

This speaks more to people hosting bad events, and allowing them to use the NPC tool isn't going to change that. Additionally just because you know how a NPC tool works and throw in some buzzwords in a forum post doesn't mean you know how gmod servers perform under stress.

I am a prior GMD (game master director) on a different Gmod server under a different game mode that currently has a higher consistent player population then gaminglight police rp, the projects I ran there consisted at a far larger scope then the GL event team.  I understand very well how to manage server performance and have personally planned, created and hosted plenty of trainings on the specifics of maintaining server performance. Yes, this is a different server, the server will perform differently due to a higher volume of entities already being placed by players. NPCs can still be utilized in smaller volumes by having adjusted health and lowered spawning. If its PROPERLY trained and maintained within the event team, npc spawning will be a huge benefit to the server. If SMT decides that its too much for all of the team to have it, I would strongly push for the rank at which npcs can be used to be lowered at the minimum. Restricting it to Lead Admin+ is a waste of potential benefit to the server. If you have any further concerns about my own credibility, feel free to private message me and I will present further evidence there. 🙂

Edited by Dono

2 hours ago, Azrael_ said:

+ Support

Through these changes, events can become a much more impactful aspect of the server, leading to enjoyment for both Government and Criminal sides.

Events solely surrounded by the premise of prizes are antiquated. If every event, someone is expecting to win something out of it, it is no longer an event and rather a jeopardy to see who can perform greater. Although, these types can be beneficial at times, I believe it would be better to shorten the amount of these attributes within events to come.

With a greater variety and set of tools, the Event Team can exhibit remarkable roleplay and gameplay driven events, and will also further the interest of passive roleplay events, which can greatly improve the integrity of the server's roleplay.

• Like 1

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

3 hours ago, Azrael_ said:

+ Support

2 hours ago, Dono said:

I am a prior GMD (game master director) on a different Gmod server under a different game mode that currently has a higher consistent player population then gaminglight police rp, the projects I ran there consisted at a far larger scope then the GL event team.  I understand very well how to manage server performance and have personally planned, created and hosted plenty of trainings on the specifics of maintaining server performance. Yes, this is a different server, the server will perform differently due to a higher volume of entities already being placed by players. NPCs can still be utilized in smaller volumes by having adjusted health and lowered spawning. If its PROPERLY trained and maintained within the event team, npc spawning will be a huge benefit to the server. If SMT decides that its too much for all of the team to have it, I would strongly push for the rank at which npcs can be used to be lowered at the minimum. Restricting it to Lead Admin+ is a waste of potential benefit to the server. If you have any further concerns about my own credibility, feel free to private message me and I will present further evidence there. 🙂

You still fail to understand that if someone already creates shit events will only create more shit events only this time with a NPC tool. You also fail to understand that no amount of "training"  will stop people from fucking something up and causing crashes which has probably been a problem in the past and why the tool is restricted in the first place. When you fix the issue of people obviously not being good at making events in the first place then you should worry about having the NPC added lol.

• Skull 1

6 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

You still fail to understand that if someone already creates shit events will only create more shit events only this time with a NPC tool. You also fail to understand that no amount of "training"  will stop people from fucking something up and causing crashes which has probably been a problem in the past and why the tool is restricted in the first place. When you fix the issue of people obviously not being good at making events in the first place then you should worry about having the NPC added lol.

Indeed! The purpose of this suggestion is to directly address the poor quality of events. By having access to the NPC tool, it frees you from totally relying on the use of event jobs that are otherwise hard to come by. If someone messes up and crashes the server for any reason in the event team, obviously they should be punished accordingly. Outright restricting a utility that could bring more overall good, then harm is just a waste. I could argue that every single staff ability could be easily abused and yet we still have them because we maintain guidelines and punishments within the teams. Poor quality events will only be perpetuated, as long as the event team does not have the proper tools to provide more for the server. NPCs will bring more entertainment and creativity to the server if properly implemented within the team - which I am more then willing to assist in every way possible with setting up any guidelines for. Keep in mind too that I am the lowest rank in the Event Team, this is literally the only thing I can do to improve things.

55 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

+Support

Everything said here is just criticism and opinions, this criticism is out of love for PoliceRP being a 5 year member within this community (nothing personal)

I might not agree with some things in this suggestion however I do think Alec's criticism is not justified. Event team members are restricted in about anything they do within PoliceRP. How can you call PoliceRP Event team garbage when they have nothing to work with, you cant see any potential from them otherwise. When I was there with Becket and Hotshot duel staffing on clone wars RP their gamemasters were so unrestricted (same with ImperialRP). Just as an Admin on clone wars RP I had so much more freedom, head game master actually had power within his own event team. I know this because I written the SOP for PoliceRP Event Team, I have the knowledge and playtime on both fronts. SMT has all of the Power for events within PRP, you cant do any event without SMT permission (Not event team leader). You cant use builds without SMT permission, no npcs without SMT, normal event team members dont have voice amp, etc. SMT keeps everything so restrictive they seem like they do not trust their own event team, neither do they seem to trust their event team leader. (Alec you cant just compare the PoliceRP event team by what Nimo Says as he is a transfer, SMT trust him over our event team so he gets to do anything he wants). I personally do not have an issue with SMT being so restrictive, however they cannot do everything on their own (I can tell overall they are stressed).

I feel so bad for the current PoliceRP event team as I barley see any of them doing events (I do not blame them). SMT is basically solo carrying the event team (and some help from JMT) and it should not be like that, neither does it seem like SMT care about fixing event team currently as they do have priority in other issues. Alec how do you expect an Event Team to function when they can only model and maybe give some guns? I do not expect you to know as I know you do not play on PoliceRP (maybe you should, your mind will be blown).

On the topic of spawning in npcs, npcs shouldn't be a main pinnacle point of the events, I mean I generally feel events should be rare as we already have our own set of roleplay activities (We are not sitting on an empty ship like imperialrp is, they have to do events). However the lack of roleplay has been very stale and a main concern within the PoliceRP, as event team I can see NPC spawning with guidelines would be very beneficial for event team as the server is basically only PVP, something to take away from PVP and make it more PVE makes the server a lot more enjoyable.

PoliceRP event team needs a lot of help and focus from SMT. Overall PoliceRP is just getting the MilitaryRP treatment with lack of significant updates and many concerns left unanswered. Hopefully SMT can consider more abilities and powers towards event team.

Edited by Calamity

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

1 hour ago, Calamity said:

I do not expect you to know as I know you do not play on PoliceRP (maybe you should, your mind will be blown).

I managed it.

You cant use builds without SMT permission, no npcs without SMT, normal event team members dont have voice amp, etc.

Probably because the server is already laggy as it is and the less tax you have on it the better.

Just as an Admin on clone wars RP I had so much more freedom, head game master actually had power within his own event team.

You and I both know compared to Imperial, policeRP runs like shit when 80 people are on. NPC spawners will not help that.

-Support
I concur with the former Police-RP Manager & Prime WZG Member, Alec. That is all. Thank you.

donlad-trump-thumbs-up.gif

Edited by TAlila | Tay Keith!
  • Thanks 5
  • Dislike 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

• Head of Staff
58 minutes ago, Calamity said:

SMT trust him over our event team so he gets to do anything he wants

Nimo is JMT, so I hope he would be trusted more. He does not do anything he wants. 

• Thanks 2
  • Heart-Eyes 2

dM43pL3.png

11 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support
I concur with the former Police-RP Manager & Prime WZG Member, Alec. That is all. Thank you.

donlad-trump-thumbs-up.gif

I concur with the former JMT, Grand General Remington (Talila). That is all I am advised to say at this time, thank you.

- Former Darth Va
der WiN

spacer.png

• Heart-Eyes 3
  • Skull 1

ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕍𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 〙〘 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝟒 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 

𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦 

rsz_637164163412330000.png.a957a0faf21cdc0dc6d55d82d9dc64ce.png

+/- Support

Its a lot to ask in the suggestion of what needs to be done For Event Team, and if it needs doing a revamp of it all altogether of everything needing to be done for PRP Event Team.

But...

From what I vaguely remember doesn't Event Team have their own Roster of potentially a ranking structure of people who are in the Event Team and what rank they are when they either get promoted/demoted a rank and so fourth, and if this is the case maybe extra jobs could be added in the F4 Menu in the "Staff" Category for Event Team of different Jobs to potentially associated to your rank from the roster of then getting more access to be able to do more things ingame in the Q menu of spawning in more. E.G Props/Weapons/Vehicles/Entities/NPCs ETC, As well as doing different and other certain Commands ingame on that job then being restricted on certain things and then needing a JMT member of Event Team Leads or even needing SMT to do things for you but of course having permission from them of weather or not you can do what you would like to do in your event you've planned and so fourth?

Edited by Ecott

DF Commander | CERT CO Commander | Gaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator

20 hours ago, Azrael_ said:

+ Support

pycobanner.jpg