Player Report - Sam/ CK Mayhem I

Domz

Your in game name: Domz

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97345421

The player's in game name: Sam/ CK Mayhem I

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:96660236

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 7/28/23, 6 PM EST (Give or take)

What did the player do: Metagaming

Evidence (required): 

image.png

What do you believe should happen to the player: Warn

Any extra information: 

Although this might not be seen as metagaming under the description of metagaming (The act of a roleplayer making use of knowledge that they have learned out of character) in reality CI should act as though all member of eoi are alive and possibly in any location, furthermore (besides only 1 eoi being on and not disguised) they had no reason to suspect im not eoi as shown in this clip:

(for context I was on "Research Internal Agent"  disguised as a senior researcher, I saw E4 and I approached them as to not act like I was part of the foundation in hopes of not being KOSed by E4)

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1lXZPr7bJOBNh4/d1337sUBvm9p?invite=cr-MSw4Wk8sMTc4MTY0LA

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png

7 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support

I feel like this is equal to checking the roster to see if a disguised EOI is on the roster. Which is metagame. Plus MTF in the past have been warned for metagame for this exact same thing.

For context: One EOI was a MTF Nu-7 PVT and was walking around doing intel recovery and a Nu-7 NCO came along with the only active enlisted and basically said, "hey the only enlisted on site is the guy next to me, so your a phony" and he got warned for metagame. This is basically the exact same thing. However in this case, EOI are more specialized forces and thus kept more track of then every day Nu-7. Though I still believe this is metagame, I feel as though a warn might be a little overzealous.  

I do have to ask though, EOI are specialized and while not necessarily redacted I dont think Foundation know what they are by default so I mean I see this as also being metagame on your side unless you interrogated and successfully figured out what EOI was in game. 

Im absolutely sure the foundation know what EOI/Nail are (I mean that's why ID Checks exist at all), also Nail often disguised as foundation and say they are nail openly as to not get shot by CI, by your logic the CI shouldn't know what Nail is in that situation and should kill them as to avoid metagaming.

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png

13 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support

I feel like this is equal to checking the roster to see if a disguised EOI is on the roster. Which is metagame. Plus MTF in the past have been warned for metagame for this exact same thing.

For context: One EOI was a MTF Nu-7 PVT and was walking around doing intel recovery and a Nu-7 NCO came along with the only active enlisted and basically said, "hey the only enlisted on site is the guy next to me, so your a phony" and he got warned for metagame. This is basically the exact same thing. However in this case, EOI are more specialized forces and thus kept more track of then every day Nu-7. Though I still believe this is metagame, I feel as though a warn might be a little overzealous.  

I do have to ask though, EOI are specialized and while not necessarily redacted I dont think Foundation know what they are by default so I mean I see this as also being metagame on your side unless you interrogated and successfully figured out what EOI was in game. 

We know the EOI are onsite because they tell us when they are going in and what they are disguised as.
Even then as I said we just KOS non combatants what you are effectively asking is getting E4 to manually verify the noncombatants are EOI. That in itself is more of an EOI issue.

The difference between checking roster vs what RFA did? The RFA disguised as a non combatant which is completely within his control and is his own fault for that decision. 
EOI being on the roster is not something in their control.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, Sean Johnson said:

-Support this is stupid yes he knew IC that there was only 1 EOI in site, how could he possibly find that out OOC??? half the time we kill EOI too, it just seems retarded to disguise as a non combatant job and complain when getting killed by E4 

Current CI SM, AND DHLS 

Former EMF Jan 2 Lysol

-support

Why would an EOI be arguing against if they are or are not EOI

E4 often kill EOI accidentally

Seeing the only EOI afk in base and determining they arent in site later on isnt metagame, especially when EOI generally inform E4 where they are and what they are disguising as for the above reason

image.png

-Support

In accordance with our SOP, EOI MUST inform E4/Gamma Command inside EOI comms what they are disguising as beforehand aswell as their fake name to prevent situations such as this where someone pretends to be a spy. Despite what it may seem, we tend to communicate quite well. 

No EOI saying they are disguising in comms for awhile = No EOI on-site

Not very smart of you to be out in the open when you know CI are raiding anyways, nor is it a very good idea to try and bank on using "I'm EOI" as a get-out-of-jail free card.

-CI MAJ Ender/EOI Deputy Head

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

On 7/29/2023 at 1:28 PM, Sean Johnson said:

We know the EOI are onsite because they tell us when they are going in and what they are disguised as.
Even then as I said we just KOS non combatants what you are effectively asking is getting E4 to manually verify the noncombatants are EOI. That in itself is more of an EOI issue.

The difference between checking roster vs what RFA did? The RFA disguised as a non combatant which is completely within his control and is his own fault for that decision. 
EOI being on the roster is not something in their control.

Huh okay that makes sense then. We never had that as a rule in the old eoi so I never thought that was a must but yeah makes more sense now.

-Support

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Forums Diplomat Message
Please keep all responses to +/- supports only.
Further arguing will result in punishments and the thread being locked until SMT has made a decision.

Senior Forums Diplomat Galaxy

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

-support 

Few things here:

1st) It’s the same concept of asking if there is a cloaker on site. If there’s no cloaker on site then it’s gotta be either an infil or an SCP. 

2nd) I could be mistaken on this but if you lie about your identity don’t you have to roll for it? 

3rd) Did you even have knowledge of EOI in RP to say that you were one of them? Because unless you knew in RP what they were and what they did it would be powergame on your end

4th)

On 7/29/2023 at 9:30 AM, Domz said:

Im absolutely sure the foundation know what EOI/Nail are

8286 is a thing. Plus building off of what I said above you don’t know what the groups are called only that there are groups of people who try and raid the foundation that’s like CI kidnapping a medical and saying “your medical because you perform surgeries”

5th) I believe E4 can also just kill people regardless, if they feel threatened, detect suspicious behavior, or overall just feel like it (could be wrong tho)

Overall I don’t see this as metagame 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5