General Suggestion- Map Voting system - Denied

Proximo

What are you suggesting? - Have a vote every month or two, to change to a certain map, this would bring "Map rotations" except the community decides what map it wants to be on. These would be held with discord reactions or what ever the people decide it should work The maps that would be available would be Site 05, Site 13, Site 50, and other older ones

How would this change better the server? - More flavor [community is either always on the map they want or if they complain about a map they are the ones who chose to play on it]

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  You'd need to use old map cause getting new maps be expensive I think

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

• Like 1

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

7 minutes ago, [DEFN] Tangerine Baker said:

+1, I am sick of this map, absolutely DOWN WITH IT, I CANT STAND THE LONG CORRIDORS AND ONE WAY ENTRANCES, THE ENTIRE PLACE IS MORE COMPLEX THAN THE POCKET DEMISION FOR SCP-106 ALSO KNOWN AS "OLD MAN"

-Support

Too confusing for new players (trying to memorize similar maps) and too much of a hassle for HCMD+/Staff (Perma props, job spawns, 079/Thaddeus cameras, SOPs, etc)

Map rotations are a bad idea, as I have listed above. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+/- Support.
Map rotations would've been good if they were a thing when the server started.   That way HCMD /JMT&SMT can make sure that documents are saved properly so that there's an SOP for each map.  same with perma props and MOTD rules. 

THIS IS VERY MUCH POSSIBLE!! but it's alot of work, it's very possible to have map swaps with perma props staying in place with each map.  I've been in a server that has it working. That server is unfortunately dead but you can still freely join it  (a game master can swap the map freely with a vote) 

unfortunately we're 5 sites in and we don't have this which means if we all do it now it's damn near impossible to to actually get it into place.  Many reasons would be, "Does Management still have access to the previous map files" 
If so then they can get those maps up on a test server and perma prop them.  Then once done on all of the maps, You'd add it to some sort of system database that's linked to another system that allows map rotations.

Another issue is how far the server has grown.  In site 5 there wasn't as many jobs on the server. the map is alot smaller as well. It doesn't have the capacity to hold all of the branches  the branches there were, medical Janitorial Omi-9, Nu-7, E-11, and A-1 with others.  all set with not alot of jobs, we're talking maybe 6-10 jobs per branch, not like the 10-15 jobs that the branches have now. 

Site-10 was similar to site 50, had a similar lay out minus a few things.  (I wasn't there. I was a gensec pvt when we swapped to Site-50)
Site-50 the most memorable maps was decently sized and could infact be held by All of the branches we have now. Some could say Site-50 was one of the greatest maps, despite it's 3-5 different variants. 
Site-13. was mid . sorta. it was great but the hallways were far too long and it wasn't the most optimized, some could argue Site-50 was more optimized than the sheer size of Site-13.
Site-23. also mid with ALOT of issues.   a roleplay map on a pvp server.  you can only guess how bad it was.  Gensec suffer with a 180% raise in Dclass rioting.  Nu7 literally gets locked out from the rest of the site when Lockdown is active. and a whole plethora of issues that we just have to deal with for now. 
However the biggest plus of Site-23 is it's optimization.  by far the most optimized map in GL SCPRP history. (maybe) 

All in all, This is possible but, at this time it'd take far FAR too long to implement since all Branches would then have to make a SOP for each and every Map, job spawns will be more compact or spread out. and new tactics would have to be made. 
If it was implemented around before site-10 was implemented then yes. you could say that this would actually work. 

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

9 hours ago, Pills said:

-Support

Too confusing for new players (trying to memorize similar maps) and too much of a hassle for HCMD+/Staff (Perma props, job spawns, 079/Thaddeus cameras, SOPs, etc)

On 5/11/2023 at 3:42 PM, Pills said:

-Support

the idea of changing maps regularly sounds cool and could be fun but for I have to agree with what pills said. Although when the time comes to change the map having a vote on it isnt a bad idea so -/+ Support 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM