Ellipsis Senior Admin Application- Accepted

Ellipsis

Should I be a Senior Admin  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be a Senior Admin

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Ellipsis / Moroi (G9 Name)

What is your steam name?: [GL] Dunxle

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:138182274

What is your discord username: Dunxle#0047

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:

In the past 7 or so years I have played Garry's Mod I have staffed on multiple Dark RP and Starwars RP servers. My most notable position from my time before GamingLight would be when I was a Administrator on Icefuse JvS (When it still existed) and a Senior Moderator on Icefuse Clone wars. Currently I am a Event Team Member (Joined 10/29/22) and a Administrator (Joined 11/13/22 by Staff Interview).

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

I believe I joined October 2022 when Weiss was Head Of Research and left about 3 - 4 months later and then returned on the 25th of Oct 2022.

What date did you make your forums account?

October 7, 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

None.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?

No.

Have you read the staff handbook?

Yes.

Timezone:

I am in the Uk. (BST / GMT)

What rank are you applying for?

Senior Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): 

I believe that I am a leader and a experienced member of the Admin Team. Through the ups and downs of my near 6 month time as a part of the staff team I have always tried to make a point of helping newer staff and handling sits quickly and frequently while keeping the rules put out by SMT in mind, ensuring all players, be it the victim of a rule break or a rule breaker get a fair and good experience when dealing with me in any given situation. I am not a toxic person and try to be nice and crack a joke every once in a while however this does not hold back my ability to remain unbiased and serious which I believe is a very important factor for someone who is considered to be a role model and a mentor to the Trial-Mod and Mods below me. I am a hard worker and as of recent have been on more and more and have been taking more and more sits due to my passion for the server however limiting my self to avoid burnout. This server and the people in it mean a lot of me so that why I believe I am deserving to join the rank of Senior Admin.

Scenario questions:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Firstly I would freeze them so they won't run away. I would check their warnings to see if they have been warned yet as well as their level to see how long they have been on the server. After I would try to talk to them to find out why they are Mass RDMing if they simply are just a minge then I would look through logs to find out the amount of kills they got that were considered RDM and would warn and ban them accordingly in the format Mass RDM x (Amount) | NITRP -Ellipsis.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

I would proceed as usual in punishing them however I would make sure to check their previous punishments and when they were, if they have a lot from recent times then if needed the punishment would be elevated to include NITRP which is a ban. Another way if they don't have recent punishments is I would spectate them to see if they do it again, if it does happen again I would punish them more severely and they may reach warning threshold or if its RDM then the MRDM threshold.

Edited by Ellipsis

Current: Senior Admin | Forums Diplomat | Alpha-1 COL | Senior Event Team | Tea Enthusiast 

Former: Delta-5 LTCOL / HRO / G9 | O-1 LTCMDR

+Support Takes his job very seriously. 

Current Ranks Chaos Insurgency CMDR Jrshafer | Security 2LT | Assistant Chief of EMS 

Former Ranks!
Former Alpha-1 Captain Former Physician Former Deputy Head of 
Security Armored Shield Former Member of the Community Blacklist Team

11 hours ago, Lovelock said:

+support

I honestly do not know why this man is not a Senior Admin already

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png

• Manager

+Support

Ellipsis is always willing to help me out when I am doing Admin duties, he is one of the first people I will ask for advice or have help me out. He is a great staff member, and I do not ever hear anyone talk bad about him. Everyone seems to enjoy him, as a staff member and as a command member. Within his command I know he does know when to be serious and when to have fun, he runs Raptors and I think he does it very well. He has made it up to LTCOL in D5 and Head of Raptors. Ever since he took over on raptors he began going after the mingery that happened on the job of raptors and has been doing great! 

Keep up the good work and good luck on your application. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept your promotion application! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT