Tool Gun Applications (Hear me out) - Denied

Ashe Fox

What are you suggesting? - Add a way to send in a application to have a toolgun on your person at all times while on the server without being staff/ET.

How would this change better the server? - Before mass downvoting this hear me out. Toolguns in my opinion are a vital part of Gmod and building in this game. Currently, toolguns are restricted to those that have staff ranks, which makes sense but poses a massive issue. Members of maintenance, of command, ect. who want to do cool builds for RP reasons or for PT's are required to annoy a member of ET every single time.

So this begs the question, how do we make a process that allows for non staff to use tool guns? Obviously there is a current solution, in which ET can give you a tool gun if they watch you use it the entire time, but in my opinion this defeats the purpose.

So my personal requirements would be this for obtaining a tool gun: Either Junior command+ in any branch OR a member of senior enlisted within maintenance would be required to even file the application. Then obviously a written part explaining why they need the tool gun and must provide proper reasons for needing it. Obviously the reputation and warning history of the user would be taken into account as well.

Finally, I would recommend restricting the tool gun on d class (kinda like the riot shield, longbow, ect.) as d class have no reason to use it, as well as maybe restricting it on any job that isn't maintenance or a command job. Obviously if someone abuses it, take it away and put them on a blacklist for applying again.

(Sidenote: This could also be implemented as a new package on the store for a lot of credits, and could still be taken away with no refund. This would incentives people to not abuse it so they don't waste money. Though this idea is not the main suggestion and just a alternative)

Here's a format I thought of that could give a example of what I mean -

Name:

SteamID:

Current RP ranks (Must be JCMD+ or Senior maintenance enlisted to apply) :

Playtime:

Warns (Send a screenshot)

Explain each warn (If you have any)

Why do you need a tool gun? (150+ words):

Why should you be trusted with a tool gun? (100+ words):

Give some examples of what you would use a tool gun for:

Do you understand this can be taken away at any time, for any reason?:

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Ill be honest, this is a very risky thing to allow, and A LOT could go wrong with it. Players could abuse it and use it to cause server crashes, which is why I stated above this should be a heavily monitored and screened application process to help minimize abuse of the tool gun.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

If anyone has any further questions just ask and I’ll answer them in the comments, or if you have any ideas you wanna add to this, thank you!

Edit 1: To address the widely posted criticism of “just join event team” I have a few counter points.

1. Simple fact is, people do not join event team JUST to get a tool gun on every class, to imply that is just silly and bad faith tbh.

2. ET has ALOT of responsibility and A LOT more power then just a simple tool gun, to compare a application to have a heavily restricted tool gun, to one of the most powerful ULX ranks on the server is just silly.

3. Sure, joining ET can give you a tool gun, but does your average person who wants a tool gun for RP reason want to host events and be required to meet quotas? Probably not I’d assume (Source: I’ve talked to a lot of people in TS about this, and they don’t wanna join ET just to get a tool gun but still want one)

4. If people want a tool gun, and wanna host events, then they are free to do so still! This would be a nice alternative for those who don’t wanna commit time to being in ET!

Edited by Ashe Fox

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

6 minutes ago, Pills said:

-Support

So HEAR ME OUT, join event team?

Joining event team can be a responsibility lots of players dont have the time for, or just are not interested in. It involves quotas and requirements which not every player wants to have. Or they might just not wanna host events.

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

If they don't wanna do events, then they simply don't get the toolgun. I can see this causing a lot of issues, with minges and ET sits not being made. ET do their quota with this sits and just letting ppl apply for one would hinder that greatly. If someone needs a toolgun in game for whatever RP reason, they can make a sit for an ET to give them one until they die or if the ET slays them and brings them back. You even state yourself that a lot of things can go wrong with this idea, I simply do not see it as something that is needed or would benefit the server in any way. I could honestly see this as killing ET because, if you can just apply for a toolgun, why would you ever wanna be ET? My -Support stays the same. 

• Like 1

Free From GL ❤️

-support
Sacrifice comes with the ability to do more helpful things in the server, just call an ET ticket to give you the tool gun, this would also take away from ET's ability to help with PTs in their quota so

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |