Remove Dr. Bright and replace him with Dr. Elias Shawn TW: Sexual Harrasment and Pedophilie - Denied - Denied

Boesermaster

NameOfWhatIsBeingSuggested”

What are you suggesting? - Replacing Dr. Bright and replace him with Dr. Elias Shaw. 

How would this change better the server? - 

Currently , Dr. Bright is removed by a lot of authors in there Literary work, since Dr. Bright was used by his creator , to Sexual Harass young people , and hide more deviously his Red flags by just pretending hey I am Dr. Bright. Interchangeably, making him , and his self inserted character , one and the same.  Making Dr.Bright  not only the funny scientist, but also the extremely creepy and inappropriate Uncle.

Saying 

And it isn’t that he just sexually Harrased, 2-3 people , but his victims are in the upper hundreds to the thousands. 

With Dr. Elias Shawn, we would have the same character, but without the creepy and Inappropriate Uncle part. And just a funny crazy scientist. 

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/forum/t-15678520/discussion-bright-s-list

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Dr. Bright , is currently, still a very popular character, Dr. Elias Shawn, is just one of many replacements Names.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone, but mostly Research. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None. 

I understand the reasoning behind this suggestion but I feel like Dr Bright is already a huge part of the SCP lore and almost everyone has heard of him. 

it would feel foreign to have a foundation without Dr bright. I also feel like people don’t know a lot about Shawn.

I feel like a better replacement would be someone like Dr. Daniels (creator of Scramble goggles) as lots of people know the 096 breach story. He also matches the sense of Dr bright as an irresponsible scientist who does dangerous things in the pursuit of “science” and will do whatever it takes to get. Test approved 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

13 minutes ago, Its Buck said:

I understand the reasoning behind this suggestion but I feel like Dr Bright is already a huge part of the SCP lore and almost everyone has heard of him. 

it would feel foreign to have a foundation without Dr bright. I also feel like people don’t know a lot about Shawn.

I feel like a better replacement would be someone like Dr. Daniels (creator of Scramble goggles) as lots of people know the 096 breach story. He also matches the sense of Dr bright as an irresponsible scientist who does dangerous things in the pursuit of “science” and will do whatever it takes to get. Test approved 

Dr. Shawn  is the replacement from Dr Bright, from the Author of SCP 963 itself. As far as i can tell,

-Support

I really see no reason for this at all. I can guarantee 99% of people did not even know about this until you pointed it out with this suggestion. I think you are just changing the name of an important part of the server just because of something stupid the creator did with the character. Just ignore it and move on. Changing the name points out to the players what did happen, rather then just saying yeah that was dumb lets move on and play the game. I see no reason to change anything.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

29 minutes ago, HuntR said:

-Support

I really see no reason for this at all. I can guarantee 99% of people did not even know about this until you pointed it out with this suggestion. I think you are just changing the name of an important part of the server just because of something stupid the creator did with the character. Just ignore it and move on. Changing the name points out to the players what did happen, rather then just saying yeah that was dumb lets move on and play the game. I see no reason to change anything.

Sexually Harrassing Minors is not something stupid you do. Currently as it stands, Dr Bright, asked as his Character, Children for Nudes. And as he was corrected by other Staff Members, he decides to Continue with this. Multiple times, as Dr. Cimmeran pointed out.

While we appreciate that this suggestion came from good intentions, it's being denied for two reasons:

1. You did not talk to Research HCMD. When making a suggestion that is directly tied to a branch or its jobs as this is, please talk to the relevant HCMD first.

2. Pretty much no one has heard of this and as such, such a suggestion would cause more harm than good because it would alert people of the existence of such fringe lore. It's best to just let it suffocate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT