General Suggestion - Medkit (others) and Medkit (self) SWEPs - Denied

kari

What are you suggesting? - Keep the current medkit and add two new ones with one only having the ability to heal yourself, while another would only be able to heal others. This addition is as easy as copy-and-pasting the current medkit code twice (or use base, but i've not gotten that to work) and removing specific parts.

How would this change better the server? - Instead of going off of SOP and some people not knowing, having it hard-coded so you either can or cannot heal others is a much easier way to enforce this.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Requires more job updates if these rules get changed in the future.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone that doesn't abuse that it's not hard-coded.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A.

NOTE: I am not saying to remove the current medkit, but certain classes that shouldn't heal others do so constantly. This would make any rules like this easy to enforce.

Edited by kari

-support

1.) Your suggestion doesn't fix the problem you are claiming exists. No doubt people do heal others they shouldn't, but keeping the medkit that has no limitations on who it can heal and adding 2 that do isn't going to prevent the issue from happening (assuming they do so intentionally), just help the few who do so unknowingly. 

2.) I dont see it as necessary for the SMT team to micromanage the playerbase. If the solution can start at the playerbase, then it should. Know your SOP/SOP's. Its understandable if you forget, and I imagine most would be forgiving of that, so I dont see why anyone would be receiving repercussions due to genuine ignorance. The SMT team should be focused on fixing the problems or making the additons on the server that the playerbase or staff team cant.

Edited by Rex Velvet

17 hours ago, Rex Velvet said:

-support

1.) Your suggestion doesn't fix the problem you are claiming exists. No doubt people do heal others they shouldn't, but keeping the medkit that has no limitations on who it can heal and adding 2 that do isn't going to prevent the issue from happening (assuming they do so intentionally), just help the few who do so unknowingly. 

2.) I dont see it as necessary for the SMT team to micromanage the playerbase. If the solution can start at the playerbase, then it should. Know your SOP/SOP's. Its understandable if you forget, and I imagine most would be forgiving of that, so I dont see why anyone would be receiving repercussions due to genuine ignorance. The SMT team should be focused on fixing the problems or making the additons on the server that the playerbase or staff team cant.

I have to agree with this person here. It is a -support for me.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat