Medkit/Armorkit changes for maint/medical/CI Sawbones - Denied

Ashe Fox

What are you suggesting? - Recently as many have probably noticed, SMT has added a built-in cooldown of 7 seconds for all armor kits and med kits. I wanted to add on to this change by saying CI Sawbones, Medical, and maintenance should all have their healing items cooldown reduced to allow them to heal players who have been out of combat for only 3 seconds. (And maybe raise the amount of time it takes for combatants to heal people, but unsure about that)

How would this change better the server? - Currently, healing classes/branches are very underused in the current state of SCP RP (Especially medical) Coding it to where members of these branches/jobs could provide healing at a much faster rate than combatant classes would benefit the viability of healing classes. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None really, other than idk how hard it would be to add.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Medical, Maintenance, CI Sawbones

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

-support the whole point of this update was to prevent combat healing. By the sound of this you just want to lower combat heal timer.

If medical is healing someone who recently took damage (ie under 7 seconds ago) then clearly there is a threat nearby and shouldn’t be healing them. 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

10 minutes ago, Its Buck said:

-support the whole point of this update was to prevent combat healing. By the sound of this you just want to lower combat heal timer.

If medical is healing someone who recently took damage (ie under 7 seconds ago) then clearly there is a threat nearby and shouldn’t be healing them. 

I mean uh yeah, I am basically saying I want them to be allowed to combat heal, what is the point of medical and maintenance if everyone and their mother can just have their own medkit and heal their self just as well as a medic could.

and no I “don’t just want to lower the timer” I only want the branches I mentioned to have a lower timer as it fits their entire role.

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

3 hours ago, Ashe Fox said:

what is the point of medical and maintenance if everyone and their mother can just have their own medkit and heal their self just as well as a medic could.

Medical: Can perform surgeries to enhance RP, Can research medicines to cure diseases, can perform check ups, is allowed to assist with interrogations and torture rolls, can use amnestics.

Maintenance: Can repair broken doors using a unique add on that actually allows them to do their job without a dumb luck roll, can earn money through trash collecting. Can build. Can prevent SCP breaches.

These branches all have things that are unique to them. Giving them the ability to combat heal is the stupidest shit I have ever heard. The reason it’s a rule is because it provides an unfair advantage of people abusing the medkit. And no dissrespect to Chaos butThere have been countless times where a BIO engineer would sit behind a wall with their medkit and armor kit, and heal their sniper every time they took a hit. It was abused and annoying. It was removed for a reason and should stay that way.

Having a medkit or armor kit is not a branches sole purpose in life. Not to mention CI saw bones is the equivalent of an RCU or CCU. They perform medical duties and are medically certified. How come they  don’t get a reduced cooldown? 

Im done responding to this post so I don’t lose my filter but I think everyone can agree with what I have said here

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

10 hours ago, Its Buck said:

Medical: Can perform surgeries to enhance RP, Can research medicines to cure diseases, can perform check ups, is allowed to assist with interrogations and torture rolls, can use amnestics.

Maintenance: Can repair broken doors using a unique add on that actually allows them to do their job without a dumb luck roll, can earn money through trash collecting. Can build. Can prevent SCP breaches.

These branches all have things that are unique to them. Giving them the ability to combat heal is the stupidest shit I have ever heard. The reason it’s a rule is because it provides an unfair advantage of people abusing the medkit. And no dissrespect to Chaos butThere have been countless times where a BIO engineer would sit behind a wall with their medkit and armor kit, and heal their sniper every time they took a hit. It was abused and annoying. It was removed for a reason and should stay that way.

Having a medkit or armor kit is not a branches sole purpose in life. Not to mention CI saw bones is the equivalent of an RCU or CCU. They perform medical duties and are medically certified. How come they  don’t get a reduced cooldown? 

Im done responding to this post so I don’t lose my filter but I think everyone can agree with what I have said here

-Support

While a good idea in theory, everyone would just combat heal. You would be asking for the removal of the combat heal rule, which I dont see SMT agreeing with. While some communities allow combat healing as long as it comes from medical staff and involves roleplay, gaminglight does not. With this being said I have to go against the suggestion.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

-Support, good idea in theory. However people would abuse it. I feel that possibly armour should be lowered slightly as sliding in new platings for vests and etc. wouldnt take as long as medical treatment That and with armour you cant live forever. and even between healing your armour would still tick down. The only thing I would lower armour to is 4 seconds roughly or a bit higher.