President/Mayor Rules Rework - Denied

HuntR

What you want to see? - The Following changes:

• Class two fire arms my be made legal with license by President
    • Common belief that this is already allowed, but it is not in the MOTD
  • Vice President may also give out gun license 
  • You may charge 25k for license for personal use and 50k for distribution of class 2
  • More concrete rules for President assassination
    • Murders may not murder the president
      • They can kill him but must be an assassination attempt not a murder, this must follow the assassination guidelines

Why should we add it? - Right now the president can not really do all that much. These improvements to the MOTD would create a more concrete definition of the roles of president for all players. It makes no sense that the mayor of the city has such little power on the server. I do not think he should have a ton, but these small changes I think would be helpful. You can also support some but not all of these changes!

What are the advantages of having this? - Would create more of a reason for people to want to play on the president whitelist. This would also create more for the PPD to do in turn and allow new players to make more money legally gun dealing then before. 

Who is it mainly for? - Executive, PPD, and Gun dealers

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by HuntR
Removal of bitcoin

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

I think I should address these individually, with my personal opinions.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, HuntR said:

Class two fire arms my be made legal with license by President

• Common belief that this is already allowed, but it is not in the MOTD

This actually is in the MOTD. While the President's rules state he can only change the legality of Class 1 Firearms, the "Weapon Classes" section states this: "Class 2 (Illegal Without Gun License)". You are correct in that the President cannot edit this, however, it would only be legal if an individual possesses a gun license that was granted by the President. This means that indirectly, the President makes this illegal/legal by choosing to give out licenses or not.

Vice President may also give out gun license 

If possible, +Support!

You may charge 25k for license for personal use and 50k for distribution of class 2

+Support!

More concrete rules for President assassination

• Murders may not murder the president
    • They can kill him but must be an assassination attempt not a murder, this must follow the assassination guidelines

+Support! "Murder" is such a silly loophole for Presidential Assassination, especially considering Serial Killer has a Barrett M82!

Allow the president to make bitcoin mining illegal (This one is a hit or miss, I just think it would add for some more base raiding chances here and there)

-Support. So few people base as-is, and this would only lower the number of bases we see.

-support

bitcoin isnt illegal irl so it would make zero sense to make it so in game, also that murder is a loophole and warn able, you have to meet the parameters in order to assassinate "You may only assassinate/kidnap/raid/mug the President/Vice President when the tax average is at or above 20% OR if there are 3 or more President Protection Detail."

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

4 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

-support

bitcoin isnt illegal irl so it would make zero sense to make it so in game, also that murder is a loophole and warn able, you have to meet the parameters in order to assassinate "You may only assassinate/kidnap/raid/mug the President/Vice President when the tax average is at or above 20% OR if there are 3 or more President Protection Detail."

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:03 PM, Bartholomew said:

-support

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL