Smoll D-block QOL improvements - Denied

Boesermaster

What are you suggesting? - 1. Remove the Second Fence behind the First fence this one, the one which is second from the D-class, there weapons are shorth range, and rushing in with there weapons should be seen as a Danger, which this Fence currently circumvents, by taking the ability to get in range to reliably hit.

2. Remove the first Keycard or the second Keycard Door to Upper D-block, this would give D-class a better chance to get there and get that advantage.

3. Remove the Barricades around the D-class elevator.

4. Add another Door, at the Side or Front of the D-block tower, to give D-class a Chance to get into it.

Not everything from it has to be implented, but each one of these would make the D-class live a bit better.

How would this change better the server? - Would give D-class a better chance at fighting GENSEC and MTF forces

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - GENSEC and MTF die more often

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D-class

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

19 hours ago, Boesermaster said:

1. Remove the Second Fence behind the First fence, their weapons are short range, and rushing in with there weapons should be seen as a Danger, which this Fence currently circumvents, by taking the ability to get in range to reliably hit.

2. Remove the first Keycard or the second Keycard Door to Upper D-block, this would give D-class a better chance to get there and get that advantage.

3. Remove the Barricades around the D-class elevator.

4. Add another Door, at the Side or Front of the D-block tower, to give D-class a Chance to get into it.

-Support

I'm going to respond to each of these changes with why they would not work/are not good suggestions.

1. The second fence is there to allow Security to have options on where to stand depending on how dangerous D-Block is at that moment. D-Block is there for Security to keep D-Class out of LCZ and available for testing, not so D-Class can freely do whatever they want. D-Class also have access to revolvers and Thompson contenders which have much better range than Security SMGs.

2. The keycard doors are so GenSec does not get spawncamped. Removing either door would cause an issue with spawn camping or enlisted going on catwalk. There is reason one is a level 1 and the other is a level 2 door.

3. The "Barricades" around the elevator are part of the map. Unless you are referring to the barricades on the catwalk in the corners in which case it is difficult for Security to get all the way to that barricade and then they are very vulnerable if they try to leave.

4. This is the one that I think isn't the worst Idea. If there were 2 side doors into the tower at the base instead of the one door which is watchable from D-block intersection I would be fine with that. This would still require a map update which would take a long time and not be worth it for this one suggestion alone.

• Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 11:30 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

I'm going to respond to each of these changes with why they would not work/are not good suggestions.

1. The second fence is there to allow Security to have options on where to stand depending on how dangerous D-Block is at that moment. D-Block is there for Security to keep D-Class out of LCZ and available for testing, not so D-Class can freely do whatever they want. D-Class also have access to revolvers and Thompson contenders which have much better range than Security SMGs.

2. The keycard doors are so GenSec does not get spawncamped. Removing either door would cause an issue with spawn camping or enlisted going on catwalk. There is reason one is a level 1 and the other is a level 2 door.

3. The "Barricades" around the elevator are part of the map. Unless you are referring to the barricades on the catwalk in the corners in which case it is difficult for Security to get all the way to that barricade and then they are very vulnerable if they try to leave.

4. This is the one that I think isn't the worst Idea. If there were 2 side doors into the tower at the base instead of the one door which is watchable from D-block intersection I would be fine with that. This would still require a map update which would take a long time and not be worth it for this one suggestion alone.

-support

I have to agree with this statement. 

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat