• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Your in game name:Prox

Your Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:14248048

The player's in game name:Laki

The player's steam ID (required):STEAM_0:1:570799005

Date and Time This Incident Occurred:12:36 on the date 1/22/23

What did the player do:Combat heal, was healing while being shot at and shot.

Evidence (required):https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/RPKgO1DmLFB7u/d1337YMHNmYp?invite=cr-MSw1YnEsMjY1NDMzMzEs

What do you believe should happen to the player:An warn 

Any extra information:It is stated in ben's warn that he made for appeal for that being shot at counts inside combat, stated by piller inside said warn appeal.

a warn works as he keeps breaking rules I previous told him ooc to be careful about what he was doing. the situation I told him about and not to do it again was this https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/RPuFOX8Y03Vh4/d13370kqk91S?invite=cr-MSxRNzMsMjY1NDMzMzEs

Edited by Proximo

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

-Support

In regards to the first engagement, the time in between when he breaks LOS and the sound of him healing is a little above 6 seconds, while not exactly not 7 I feel it shows an effort to abide by the rule and that can be made difficult since there is not combat engagement timer

In regards to when you are in the boat house on the first engagement, his back is turned when you shoot and uncloak and not to mention in the water, what he most likely heard was a muffled gunshot with no discernable way to determine it was at him. Audio in gmod has always been weird when in water.

In the last instance, you cloak before he jumps up and the time in between you shooting him and him healing is 1/4 of a second so is more of an indication of spamming LMB rather than an intent to combat heal.

While from your POV, yes it is clear that he is engaged in combat, his POV must be considered and for the reasons mentioned above, I see this as a misunderstanding on your behalf and you attributing this to some malicious intent when he was clueless to the fact he was being shot at or simply spamming lmb.

Edited by Rex Velvet

7 minutes ago, Rex Velvet said:

-Support

Do not break New Life Rule (NLR). All classes, unless specified below must wait 2 minutes in their spawn location after respawning from an accidental or combat death before returning to play.
MTF personnel have a 3 minute NLR.

copy and pasted from the rules, your timer at the beginning of the clip starts at 1:59, and by where you are on the map you left your spawn well before that. If there is a valid reason as to why this is then feel free to elaborate.

In regards to the combat healing, the time after he broke LOS and the first indication of him healing is close to 6 seconds, so I find his wait excusable as there is no timer for combat healing like there is NLR

it was a oil rig raid, I died on oil rig which means NLR voided but the other 2 times when he was being shot at and hit by me were not acceptable.

heres the exact situation, it was an oil rig raid and I died on oil rig I was told that there were people over at that location in which I moved there shot him, the first time he healed was fine but the second and third were during a combat scnenario where he was being fired at and hit while still healing, he had plenty of time to stop healing during the combat situation but did not.

Edited by Proximo

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

+Support pretty clear case 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

16 hours ago, Proximo said:

ok and when he was shot again and healed an 3rd time than a 4th its clear he was still in combat.

16 hours ago, Rex Velvet said:

I have no idea what you are referring to, I am simply basing my assessment off of the video

Chances are that whatever you are referring to has already been covered and explained in depth.

I would also like to note that from your POV, yes it is very clear, the same cant be said from his POV which is what should be considered.

I believe everyone made your points very clear, if you have something to say please use Discord DM's, arguing in here just clogs the post and makes SMT job more difficult.

• Like 1

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

Okay so a couple things about this. Firstly, please don't add a poll to reports as that's not how they're decided. Secondly, he waited 7 seconds from the initial attack and stopped healing when he was fired upon again. He also clearly didn't know you were pursuing him because you were cloaked. Laki did the best he could to satisfy the combat healing rules given the situation.

• Like 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT