Duelist of the Week System

Nagasaki

What do you want to see?: One of the many things IQ and RG have pride in is their dueling capabilities. They want to boast their proficiencies in lightsaber combat and they want to have bragging rights when being the best in the art of lightsaber combat. This system will not only allow more competition within Inquistorious branches, but also allow people to acknowledge the best duelist on the server.

Here is how this system will work:

- Every week at a specific date and time, IQ Command will host a dueling tournament to determine the duelist of the week

-   The person who wins the duelist of the week tournament will hold the title of "Duelist of the Week" and they will receive a special spot on the roster and will receive 1 FREE SITH HOLOCRON from the Holocron registry system

- Everyone who partakes in the dueling tournament will switch to Apprentice Job and GM will give them HP 2000 and Armor 200

-If there is already a Duelist of the week, the winner of the dueling tournament will fight the current Duelist of the week to claim the title for themselves

Rules and regulations:

- You have to be apart of IQ, Purge, or RG to partake in the Dueling Tournament

- People can still challenge the Duelist of the Week on their own time with the following conditions:

- GM must be present to set HP to 2000 and Armor to 200

- IQ VCDMR+ must witness this duel for it to be valid

- Both players must be on the Apprentice job for the duel to be valid

- If the Duelist of the week loses the challenge, he will lose the Duelist of the week title and it will be given to the challenger

- Duelist of the week MUST accept at least 1 challenge per day to keep their title (If no one challenges the duelist of the week, this rule is voided)

- After the 1 challenge, the Duelist of the week doesn't have to accept any more challenges unless the player wishes to accept more challenges

- If the Duelist of the Week is on LOA/ROA, the title will be automatically stripped from the player

- If the Duelist of the Week is inactive for 3 days or more, the title will be stripped 

- Holocrons will ONLY be given out after the dueling tournament has concluded

- If the Duelist of the Week does not show up to the Dueling tournament, the player voluntarily is stripped of the Duelist of the week title and the title will go to the person who wins the Dueling tournament

Why should we add it?: We should add this because it gives more incentive to IQ to improve their dueling skills in lightsaber combat. Usually, I would see lightsaber users use force reflect, lightning strike, or other force powers to fight instead of dueling Jedi. Although using force powers is a viable strategy, it weakens people's ability to conduct lightsaber combat which is one of our many skills to be proficient at in IQ. The Second reason is to add more reasons for people to join Inquistorious branches. Whenever I get on the server and it is Defcon 5, IQ doesn't really have anything to do. Sure, there may be an occasional SIM, but other than that, we either AFK in bunks or duel each other. Instead of dueling each other to appease our boredom, I want to create competition and ambition for people in IQ to strive for. I want players to want to play IQ more and having a duelist-of-the-week system will get that to happen.

What are the advantages of having this?: There are a lot of advantages to having this system in place. The first advantage is to give more Holocrons to people. I have noticed that GMs don't give out that many holocrons on off-ship events because it either doesn't fit the narrative of their event or doesn't think it is important to spawning holocrons for Inquistorious. If we have the Duelist of the Week system in place, the utilization of the Holocron registry will become much more apparent and will give people more rewards for becoming better duelists. The second advantage of having this is getting bragging rights. I always love competitions and competitive spirit and believe that the Inquistorious branches will also have competitive spirits. Hypothetically, if the duelist of the week is an RG member, the RG branch will be very happy and IQ and Purge will have the incentive to practice dueling to reclaim their spot as the best dueling branch. This system will create a friendly rivalry between IQ and RG which will spark more people to join Inquistorious and create an exciting environment for people to partake in.

Who is it mainly for?: IQ, RG, and Purge

- Lord VI Hiroshima

Edited by Nagasaki

+ Good System
+ Current State of IQ I Don't think this would be great, but once Numbers start to increase this would be a great Idea in the future

Should Properly Speak with IQ HC or Command rather than a forum post unless you were told to post it either way Good Luck 

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

• 2 weeks later...