-=Section 1=-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In-game Name: Starch

Steam Name: [GL] Crayon Eater

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68437171

-=Section 2=-

What is the role of Grand Admiral?

The role of the Grand Admiral is to oversee all RP matters along with EHC / SHC, helping ensure the community as a whole is a welcoming / enjoyable place for everyone and the oversight of all High Command branches. This would be shown through many different qualities.

Open minded: A Grand Admiral should Being open minded is important to be able to consider a range of perspectives, ideas, and options when making decisions. It allows them to be more flexible and adaptable, and to be open to new and improved ways of doing things. A Grand Admiral should be open minded to be able to listen and consider their viewpoints and concerns. Someone who is open minded is also able to learn from their mistakes and the experiences of others, and to continue growing and improving as a member of SHC.
Communication: A Grand Admiral  is an effective communicator who is able to clearly and concisely convey their expectations, goals, and feedback to HC / Command members alike. They listen actively and actively seek out different perspectives and ideas. A Grand Admiral with strong communication skills is able to foster collaboration, ensure everyone knows their roles/ expectations, and create a more cohesive Command team.

Vision and strategic thinking: A Grand Admiral should have a clear vision for the future and the ability to create a roadmap to get there. They are able to analyze and assess situations, identify opportunities and challenges, and make informed decisions.

Why do you want to become the role of Grand Admiral?

I’ve always loved the Gaminglight community, and have always strived to improve it in any way I can. Receiving the rank of Grand Admiral would enable me to interact with many more people, and assist them with a fresh perspective and insight into their battalions / problems. I’ve done many things within Army High Command, and have been working to change how we work together, and how the Army branch as a whole functions. I now want the opportunity to work with all the branches and help change how certain areas work and function, rather than just within the Army. The only goal I've ever had in the server was to reach the rank of Grand General, now that I've obtained that I want to keep helping the server be as enjoyable as possible regardless of branch, which is truly only possible for members of SHC.

List a few of your notable achievements within High Command?

I’ve done many changes in my time as High Command, some of the most notable aside from general changes / updates to documents were changing up the High Command SOP (most people obviously won’t have seen it but it’s very beautiful and has much better info trust me), creating the Info Hub which combined 11 documents into one with 5 of them being brand new, revamping the Low Command SOP / Ground command guidelines to make it easier to read and adding more information that was missing and only taught from word of mouth,  as well as I am currently changing how Command itself works within Army. I’ve always been an advocate for battalions working closer together, and giving more responsibility to each rank to better prepare them when moving up the ranks. One way I’m improving that is by creating guidelines for all Army battalions, and allowing Commanders to strike people from other regiments who break those guidelines. 

Why do you think we should pick you over other applicants?

I’ve been in High command for a year and 10 months, and I believe I have gained all the experience needed to become the next Grand Admiral. I have a unique experience in the server that I believe sets me apart from anyone else who may apply. In addition to me creating the first custom battalion in the server and having to create everything needed for it. I've always tried to make the community a more welcoming place for new players to join, and have strived to make it easier to learn to help accomplish that goal. I've made the info hub to help all new players easily find any necessary document when learning about the server, I've added multiple new guidelines within the hub to help with that as well. With that being said I think I should be chosen because I believe the main goal of SHC should be ensuring new players stick around and don't become overwhelmed, or even bore and leave the server. With that being said I feel I should be chosen because I have already been working towards that goal, in addition to my experience in the over two years I have been apart of Gaminglight.

Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as a member of SHC:

- Responsibility -

Responsibility is an area that I believe could be improved on. I believe that Officers and Command teams both should have more responsibility in order to gain more experience for when they reach their next rank, rather than just having the rank above them handle it without knowing why any decision was made, or being able to attempt to solve any issues themselves first. I’ve found that giving people more responsibility helps them both enjoy the server more, and makes it much easier for them to transition when getting promoted.

- Priority Rotation -

One big change I would make is to rotate which battalions get priority with different tasks such as interrogation, hacking, ect to give other battalions a chance to experience what doing each task is like rather than leaving some battalions out who never get to do certain things. Battalions like SF would keep their #1 priority, but other battalions would rotate for #2 giving them a chance to fly more in the event of no SF, or whichever battalion has #1 priority on any given task.

- Continuous High Command events -

Something I'd like to begin doing are Continuous High Command events. Something I think that’s lacking is that events, while if done right are fun and engaging for 30 minutes to an hour, after it’s over you have to wait about a week until the High Command event. I think that giving tasks to do in preparation would give a lot more to do in between events. A few examples of this would be if there were rogue Command / High Command members, and battalions would be given unique tasks and only once completed would the next High Command event begin. These would range from keeping an eye on the suspected rogue command members from a distance tracking their movement, identifying other possible rogue command, monitoring their communications ect. This would make each event more meaningful as each person in the server would contribute to the end result of the event.

-=Section 3=-

What would be the most important value you would have as a member of SHC?

To me integrity is the most important value any member of SHC should have. What that looks like in Gaminglight is someone who is honest, trustworthy, and transparent in their actions and decisions. They are consistent in their values and principles, and they lead by example. If someone lacks integrity, it breeds an environment where all decisions made are questioned, I believe this is essential for the first non lore Grand Admiral to have in order to keep up with the standards of those who are in SHC, and to keep up with the standards of the decisions made. Having integrity to me is vital in order to keep bias out of decisions as well, which have been a major problem in the past.

Recall a time when you mentored a member of Command? 

The most recent time I’ve mentored someone was Brigadier General Tuna. This was around the time where he got Shock Vice Commander the first time around. He had reached out wanting to know what he needed to improve on, which I always recommend people do. Admittedly he didn’t need very much help with what to improve on, but I think just the confidence from knowing the things you’re doing is correct helps just as much and has with Tuna. Mentoring to me looks different for each person, as some people need to learn more about the actual rules, others need to work on their behavior, some people just need to be reassured of themselves, to be the biggest help possible you have to know how to approach each individual issue. more than just helping out a command member with what they should be doing, but also making sure they are confident in their abilities, and are able to make decisive decisions without second guessing themselves. Once I started mentoring people with that in mind, and approaching more as a friend than a typical mentor, I’ve been able to help easier and more efficiently.

Anything else you would like to add?

I’d just like to thank everyone who makes the community what it is, everyone who plays and participates in any aspect of the server helps to make it enjoyable, and thanks for taking the time to read my application  🙂

Edited by Starch
  • Like 2

Ex Grand General!

Ex Nova Senior Commander

MEGA +support

When I was on the server, Starch was one of the kindest HC members and honestly just really fun to be around during events etc. It’s easy to see the hard work he has put in and I have no doubt he would continue to work hard in this new position.

Best of luck Starch!

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

1 hour ago, Firekirby said:

MEGA +support

When I was on the server, Starch was one of the kindest HC members and honestly just really fun to be around during events etc. It’s easy to see the hard work he has put in and I have no doubt he would continue to work hard in this new position.

Best of luck Starch!

+ Support 
- Good application.
- Provided multiple easy to view documents that explain how to go about RP situations.

- Has been a mentor for others and will help others in reaching their goals within the server.
- Easy to talk to / Positive member of the community.
- Helpful in providing a different perspective and progression to the ongoing or future projects of Command Teams.
- Provided new content/gameplay experiences to the server.
- Will hear you out if somethings amiss within your battalion or for your concerns with the server.
- Has shown he will go out of his way for the benefit of the server.
- Has the experience and leadership skills for the position.
- Has new ideas for the server that look to help retain players and provide the current player base with new activities.
- Will give you useful critiques.

- Support
- Can be a little hard to reach sometimes.

Best Of Luck!

Edited by Rezzem

Current: High General | IMPRP-Lead Admin | Head Gamemaster
Previous: Shock Commander | Pyke Senior Commander

On 12/21/2022 at 12:45 AM, Rezzem said:

+ Support 
- Good application.
- Provided multiple easy to view documents that explain how to go about RP situations.

- Has been a mentor for others and will help others in reaching their goals within the server.
- Helpful in providing a different perspective and progression to the ongoing or future projects of Command Teams.
- Will hear you out if somethings amiss within your battalion or for your concerns with the server.
- Has new ideas for the server that look to help retain players and provide the current player base with new activities.

- Support

Best Of Luck

On 12/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, Rezzem said:

+ Support 
- Good application.

- Support

Best Of Luck!

+SUPPORT

Honestly, Starch in my view is one of the most down to earth members of any command I have seen in any server, he knows how to get things done in my experience, he has always be respectful to everyone I have seen him encounter. I have seen the amount of time and effort he has put into all these different Imperial RP related projects. I genuinely think Starch would be a great Grand General!

Apparently I need to put something here. 

On 12/20/2022 at 6:23 AM, Firekirby said:

MEGA +support

Best of luck Starch!

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

On 12/20/2022 at 5:23 AM, Firekirby said:

MEGA +support

Best of luck Starch!

Good Luck!

Current: IC PVT King 2770 | Crewman Apprentice King
Ex-Imperial Commando
 Vice Commander Δ 1140 Fixer (x2)
Co-Creator of the Imperial Commando Hazard Control Division

Former: First EVER IC Hazard Supervisor | IC Ω OSLD HS Colonel 1309 Niner (x2) Last EVER IC Demo LeadIC CST MaroonISB: IA Junior Operative ISB11 | Shock HVYAL LTCOL SK277 | Inferno Squad Agent IF27 | 69th RCCS 1LT 2711 Nova  SSGT | 501st HVY SGT 2770

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE +Support
-I had one or two encounters with him and he gives off an 
amazing Impression of how leaders should lead.
-Very Sweet n' Kind also a very understanding person 
-He has put in the time and work to be where he's at

~ Lord IX Dan

Edited by Thermite
grammar

Retired Fleet Admiral
Retired GM VII
Retired 501st Commander