What is your in-game name?:

Obama is Sandwich

What is your steam name?:

Obama is Sandwich

What is your steam ID?: 

STEAM_0:0:206345363

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): 

Obama is Sandwich#2024

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

Yes, here is a list for you:

• Comicade Networks - Owner
  • NoCancerRP - Sr Mod
  • Digital Delta Gaming PrisionRP - Mod
  • GruntRP - Event Manager
  • TrippeRP - Developer 
  • AquaRP - Developer
  • Jame's BHOP - Admin
  • Jailbreak (csgo server) - Admin
  • MUCH MORE!

I have been playing Garry's mod for a few years and have some experience with staffing I am not able to remember all of my experiences but I do have experience with what you are looking for. I know how to use ULX, warning system. Most importantly, I have the experience when it comes to doing sits and knowing how to properly behave, and being able to handle sits correctly with little to no issues. The point I'm trying to give is I understand what needs to be done, that is something you will not have to worry about with me. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

I would say it's around May 1st, 2020. I am choosing this date because I made my Forums account a few weeks after being on this server.

What date did you make your forums account?

I made my forums account on May 26, 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

As of right now (May 8th, 2022) I have zero warnings. (I attached a picture showing my warn tab.)

Capture.thumb.PNG.71c4ecd47c3f4c43e10de9fb9a69baba.PNG

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

I have a donor rank it's "Platinum".

Are you a staff member in another community?

I don't staff in any other community, I understand I can't apply if I'm staff on another server it is against the rules in the staff handbook. (Rule 7)

Have you read the staff handbook?

I have read and understood the staff handbook completely.

Timezone:

My Timezone is EST

What rank are you applying for?

I'm applying for the "Trial Moderator" rank.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I truly believe I deserve the rank of Trial Moderator. As I have stated before in the other question I have the experience you are looking for so this is nothing new for me. I know how to use ULX and I know how to use the warning system this server uses (I've used it on other servers). I love this server and I want to help out in a much bigger way that makes me feel like I'm really making a difference in the community. I believe that I can be a positive influence on the server.  With my background in staffing, I learned all sorts of things, especially how to maintain calm and collected when dealing with frustrated players and try my very best to deescalate the situations before they blow out of control in sits, and being able to remain unbiased during sits. All of this background experience has helped me work effectively with players and other staff on servers. I only have good intentions for the server I just want to do my part to help, I'm willing to grow and learn to become a better staff member and I WILL admit when I am in the wrong. Taking responsibility for your actions instead of blaming others shows a lot about you. If you give me a chance to prove myself you will not be disappointed! I'm only human but I will do my best to be perfect. Not sure it makes any difference but just wanted to add that I am 19 years old so you don't have to worry about me not being mature for the job.

Scenario Questions (picked 3 of them)

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would try my best to get the player to calm down and try to get their side of the story to try to at least understand what would've made them act out like this, if I couldn't get through with the player then at that point I would inform them I am giving them a verbal warning because they will not stop with the bad behavior.  If the behavior continues on and they are not willing to talk to me I would warn them for MassRDM and contact a Moderator+ and let them know the player needs to be banned for 5 days. Obviously, first I would make sure the player did in fact do "MassRDM" and would make sure it is documented in case the player feels his ban is unfair and wants to appeal it. If the player only ended up doing RDM once I would give them a Warning for RDM and return the player. This situation could go a lot of ways but I would do what I consider fair and appropriate with the server rules. If I wasn't sure about something I would ask a higher staff member for help so they can show me the proper way.

You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

The best thing to do when this starts to happen is to get all the players by themselves to avoid any more problems players acting out in this way just makes the sits take longer which can make all players frustrated. I would go one by one to listen to the problems and once I heard everyone's side I would then make my decision on whatever the situation is and take proper procedures to resolve the issue.

In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

A player who doesn't care about their punishment most likely gets in trouble a lot or just likes to be a minge. It also just shows they don't care about other players playing and trying to have a good time. No matter how a player acts I will always try to show them respect and treat them fairly but would most likely be harsh considering how they have little to no care about how they affect other players on the server.

I would like to add something!

I just want to thank you for reading my staff application for Trial Moderator and I wanted to address one thing I feel that might make you not consider me. It's pretty easy to tell I am not really known on this server I know you want people to be known around but sometimes hard to get in like that to be able to. Becoming Staff would make that much easier for me. Like I said before I will do my very best and will not fail you. I understand if my staff application gets denied for that reason or any other and I won't treat anyone any different or take it out on anyone. If you could please leave a comment explaining what I could improve on with my application I would be very grateful or let me know what you liked about it.

Thank you, Have a nice day!

The poll thing seemed to not work for me, not sure if it is showing or not. Please let me know if there is something I need to do to fix that.

Edited by Obama is Sandwich

+Support

Few things to go over

Firstly, That Application is extremely well made and props to you for that!

Secondly, Jesus christ that is a lot of experience! I completely put my trust in you to be unbiased and be the best person you can be for GamingLight.

Third, even though you dont have the fame and popularity others do, I still have only had positive interactions with you and I consider you to be a good person.

I really hope you get accepted!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Few things to go over

Secondly, Jesus christ that is a lot of experience! I completely put my trust in you to be unbiased and be the best person you can be for GamingLight.

Third, even though you dont have the fame and popularity others do, I still have only had positive interactions with you and I consider you to be a good person.

• Like 1

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

31 minutes ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Few things to go over

Thank you very much!

28 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Thank you!

5 hours ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Few things to go over

• Like 1

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

I would gain more experience within SCP-RP before applying for staff.

spacer.png