Nick Hunter's Forum Diplomat Application

Nick Hunter

In-Game Name: Nick Hunter

Steam Name: [GL] Hydrex

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52034831

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Moderator (I was authorized to make this application by Head of Staff Drippy)

How often are you online on the forums? Frequently, I am on it multiple times per day usually on an active day. There are some days I can't get on, but if I am actively on, I usually have the forums running in the background while playing on the server.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? I am qualified to be a Forum Diplomat because I am a dedicated member of the Gaminglight community and I strive to be the best asset I can for not only the staff team but the RP positions I hold on the server. My activity is limited as I am a very busy individual, but when I can manage to get on the server and it's platforms I do my best in helping others and I am happy for that.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision? Yes, I consider myself to have good judgement because I go by the facts, regardless of the situation. I use the rules and the enforcement protocols that are provided for me, not my emotions and opinions when declaring punishments. I don't jump the gun when making decisions, I slow down, collect all evidence and information surrounding any situation and then using that knowledge make my decision. I am not afraid to ask for help regarding a situation and I am always open to help others. I have good judgement because I am level headed, patient, and have years of workplace experience with dealing with angry/upset people and know tactics of verbal de-escalation.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

Spamming in various topics is a violation of rule 4 of the 'General Forum Rules' section under the 'Forum Rules'. As a Forum Diplomat I would initially hide all of the offenders posts that broke this rule. I would then issue a forum warning and inform the Head Forum Diplomat of the situation and the warning so it could be in effect. I would then contact the offender and introduce myself as a Forum Diplomat and I would explain the offender the following, in order:

1) The situation, the rule(s) the individual broke and why their posts were set to hidden.

2) Refer the offender to the 'Ban Appeals' section of whichever server the individual was banned from.

3) Inform the offender of the warning they are being issued. (If appropriately determined).

4) Ask the offender to delete the spam posts and conclude my contact with this individual.

Finally, before I conclude this situation, I would write down the events that happened from start to finish, and the punishment that was assigned to the offender (Warning and posts being set to hidden). I would mark the case as closed and inform the reporting party the results of the investigation.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

If a situation arises where two users are aggressively arguing in a warning appeal I would lock the post, but before locking the post I would write a response to the post on why the post is being locked (due to the aggressive arguing) and speak in a de-escalating manner to not aggravate the users anymore then they already are. I would ensure that I put a reason on why the post is being hidden and I would then inform the Head Diplomat of the situation and the resulting actions on my behalf.

Sergeant Major Nick Hunter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Private Drexus

Rockford Police Department - Badge 1A91                                                                                                                                                                                                         Shock Security Battalion - Badge SK091

• 2 weeks later...

+ Support
+ Great Application 
+ Has been in the community for quite some time now
+ Quite active on forums
+/Has a little under a month in staff

• Gaminglight Love 1

Ex. Medical Commander Zug
Senior Admin | Forum Diplomat | Support Member

On 4/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, Zug said:

+ Support
+ Great Application 
+ Has been in the community for quite some time now
+ Quite active on forums
+/Has a little under a month in staff

Is rather new to staff but still. Goodluck!

• Gaminglight Love 1

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

Application Accepted!
Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomats, your application has been approved! You will be receiving more information on onboarding onto the Forum Diplomat team via discord!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥