Current Rank:

Senior Researcher
Senior Lecturer

Collective hours:

1 week

Overall time in days/months:

Month and a half

Why do you want this postion?

Science fiction and the SCP universe has always been a favorite of mine. When I found GL SCPRP, I didn't expect much at first. I thought it was going be just another RP server: Active for a little bit, just to die within a couple of months. However, this server has given me quite a fantastic experience. The way the research department combined RP with actual science fiction writing was an absolute game changer. I realized that I could put my love for science fiction (as well as writing) to great use; making test logs, working on long projects ("Fall-off-the-bone", "The Finer Things in Life"), even working with another researcher in google docs to create those documents! Then I realized this could become something much bigger. Something that could provide players of all ages something to look forward too.

This something is experimentation. Normally, in the real world, you need years of college and graduate school in order to be considered for a position in a real scientific laboratory. However, this server gives that role to everyone who decides to join the Research Department. I absolutely adore the idea of exposing science-fiction reading and writing to the younger generation (especially the SCP Universe). I believe that everyone should have an enjoyable experience in that realm, whether it be in chair playing a video game, or in your bed at 11:00pm reading a Stephen King novel. Science Fiction is one of the best genres of literature the world has ever been blessed with.

That being said, I want to be part of a stepping stone for the SCP universe, as well as the server. This server is a large part of some young people's lives (remember that!) If I were to acquire any command position in this server, I would be contributing not only to the server's success, but also the SCP/SCPRP universe, the science-fiction genre, and (indirectly) literature as a whole. 

What can you bring to the table that others can't?

I am 20 years old, majoring in Communications. I want to go into Public Relations (PR) for business. I am quite good at interpersonal communication (exchange of information between people), as well as writing in both the science-fiction genre and formal documents created for large-scale presentations to a large group of people (ask me for more information on that, if needed). I have received many high grades in English composition style classes, most of my papers above an A. I also received a 94 on my New York State Regents exam, which was within the top 10% of my High School's 2019 class within the English department.

This is important because my expertise in both communication and writing allows me to target specific audiences that may be view, listen, use, etc. my words/writing that they are exposed to. I try to keep all of my speeches and writing at a level that would appeal to this servers demographic.

I am a (mostly) mature adult, which means that I am able to properly handle communicating with young children (or anyone for that matter) on the server (patience and support is important for handling minors and sometimes their troublesome behavior).

This is important because our server receives new players on a daily basis, many of them well under the age of 18. I refrain from starting conflict with other players, no matter their age, race, gender, sex, political beliefs, hobbies, disabilities, etc. I pass no judgement onto others, even if they are viewed by the masses negatively (always keep an open mind).

What would you do to better Research and increase activity?

There are way too many ideas that I have that would increase activity on the server, so PLEASE ask me in TS/Discord/Email/etc. if you require more info.

Below is a list of things I would propose/create/perform to the benefit of the research department:

• Supervision/support for our new players
    • Many of our JRs are not sure how to have fun in the research department. I will show them how to have a good experience with testing as well as how to provide a good experience to Class D so that they may choose to join our branch.
      • This is important because many new players leave our branch when faced with a complicated system that requires actual writing.
  • Constant encouragement to write funny test logs.
    • At first this might seem like an issue. However, I believe that having SCP-1234-J logs (or just funny test logs) of the SCPs in the server will give the JRs some flexibility as well as a boat load of fun. Writing can be EXTREMELY daunting. That being said, we should encourage everyone to write in whatever tone/mood they want. 
  • Research Writing Center channel on discord/teamspeak.
    • Anyone who needs help with writing can enter this channel and request help with a document/test log/google and word docs, etc. (ESPECIALLY new players/young writers). I am sure that this will dissolve any concerns that new players/ test log newbies may have when writing their documents. They get to receive high-quality help to write a high-quality document!
      • I believe I am qualified enough to help/tutor others with English writing. If you would like to read my multiple A grade papers, presentation visual aids and outlines, etc. please ask me to produce them.
  • Mass tests, Research PT, and proper training is beyond beneficial for our JRs.
    • Mass tests are fine, they can stay the way they are. However Research PT and the training guide for RRA needs a revamp. Please see me if you need more information.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you accept me! I love this server and the joy it brings me. Have a great day!

Edited by Salamander Guy

+Support

Nice guy 

Would fit the role

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

+Support

+Active.
+Nice Guy.
+Puts Great Effort On His RP .
+Has Material (High Quality Test Logs And Documents).
+Very Well Writen App.

Edited by Avalon Levi

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png