LaFoursh's Map Idea [Denied]

LaFoursh

Is this a good idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

What would you like to see: Havoc and Medical having their spawn point closer to their area of operation.

How would it help the server and/or the player base: It would help the respective battalions spawn to where they are most likely located and would prevent the amount of Tactical Insertions everywhere in EC and Medbay. Tactical Inserts are always found in Medbay and EC and having these bunks being closer to where these battalions operate would help remove that. I imagine that you could add bunks to these areas.

Screenshot_107.png
This area being the door prop would be the area I would imagine the Havoc Bunks would be since it is unused, close to EC, and would prevent Havoc completely spawncamping Event Characters in EC during events. This area has always been unused and I say that we make a use for it.

Screenshot_109.png

This empty space in Medbay is a great area to add a Surgery Room (Like in CatBob's suggestion post) and a bunks area for Medical.

Screenshot_108.png
This is what I really want to prevent by adding these bunks to these areas.

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: Yes and it will be more convenient for the respective battalions. 

Ex Havoc ATL CPT | Ex Lord X / Purge LTCOL | Ex Tenn Graneet | Fortnite Professional and Current Darth Doodoofart (Yes he is a lore character)

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF by Super Simple

-Support

As the former Medical Senior Commander, and someone who has been assigned to Havoc for many months in total now, I do not believe this is necessary or beneficial for either of these battalions.

The presence of Tactical Insertions in the EC and medbay is usually not intrusive, and they are usually placed in corners or out of the way areas where it isn't hurting anybody. I have NEVER seen tacs placed outside the medbay like in the image you sent in that quantity, or even close to that amount. Most people place them inside in a corner inside the medbay. If the command of these battalions deem it to be an issue, and they never have, they could easily make rules for where the tacs could be placed.

Having Medical and Havoc bunks moved to their respective areas would be a net negative. For events, it is convenient and fair for all the Army battalions to be spawning in the same location, otherwise, if someone dies in an offship event, they have to go MUCH further to get to the hangar bays to participate in the event. It is also nice to have the bunks all in the same place for briefing purposes. AHC is much more likely to show up to one of the Havoc or Medical bunks to perform a cooldown skip if they are in the same place as the other bunks. Furthermore, at least for Medical, it has been discussed at least twice before to get Medical bunks moved to the medbay. Both times it has been deemed as unnecessary by myself (I was the Commander/SNR Commander/High Command overseer both times) and other Medical command/HC. One reason for this is that Medical does not need to head up to the medbay that often, as during passive RP it is just one trip up. During on-ship events, Medical isn't stationed at the medbay anyways, and they can go the same distance as other troopers when they die. For Havoc, they just have to go to the EC from their bunks, which really isn't that far and provides a somewhat decent time for any enemies to perform RP destruction in the EC. If the Havoc bunks were where you suggested, it would still lead to spawn-camping of actors, as that is so close to the EC that the time to get to the EC is negligible.

To put the distances travelled by Havoc and Medical in perspective, Stormtroopers have to go further to get to courtyard which is their battlestation, where Shock has to go WAY further to get to bridge.

From a Gamemaster perspective, having people spawn a bit away from where they die is nice, as it allows the rebels at least some chance to do something when they aren't being clowned on by people with 4000 HP and sabers.

It might seem convenient for these battalions to save people about a minute as they run to their post, but overall, it is unnecessary and would just lead to more people asking for their bunks to be moved.

Edited by Keegan
typo

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

-Support 

Good joke man. had me rolling.

• Laughing 1

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

22 hours ago, Keegan said:

-Support

As the former Medical Senior Commander, and someone who has been assigned to Havoc for many months in total now, I do not believe this is necessary or beneficial for either of these battalions.

The presence of Tactical Insertions in the EC and medbay is usually not intrusive, and they are usually placed in corners or out of the way areas where it isn't hurting anybody. I have NEVER seen tacs placed outside the medbay like in the image you sent in that quantity, or even close to that amount. Most people place them inside in a corner inside the medbay. If the command of these battalions deem it to be an issue, and they never have, they could easily make rules for where the tacs could be placed.

Having Medical and Havoc bunks moved to their respective areas would be a net negative. For events, it is convenient and fair for all the Army battalions to be spawning in the same location, otherwise, if someone dies in an offship event, they have to go MUCH further to get to the hangar bays to participate in the event. It is also nice to have the bunks all in the same place for briefing purposes. AHC is much more likely to show up to one of the Havoc or Medical bunks to perform a cooldown skip if they are in the same place as the other bunks. Furthermore, at least for Medical, it has been discussed at least twice before to get Medical bunks moved to the medbay. Both times it has been deemed as unnecessary by myself (I was the Commander/SNR Commander/High Command overseer both times) and other Medical command/HC. One reason for this is that Medical does not need to head up to the medbay that often, as during passive RP it is just one trip up. During on-ship events, Medical isn't stationed at the medbay anyways, and they can go the same distance as other troopers when they die. For Havoc, they just have to go to the EC from their bunks, which really isn't that far and provides a somewhat decent time for any enemies to perform RP destruction in the EC. If the Havoc bunks were where you suggested, it would still lead to spawn-camping of actors, as that is so close to the EC that the time to get to the EC is negligible.

To put the distances travelled by Havoc and Medical in perspective, Stormtroopers have to go further to get to courtyard which is their battlestation, where Shock has to go WAY further to get to bridge.

From a Gamemaster perspective, having people spawn a bit away from where they die is nice, as it allows the rebels at least some chance to do something when they aren't being clowned on by people with 4000 HP and sabers.

It might seem convenient for these battalions to save people about a minute as they run to their post, but overall, it is unnecessary and would just lead to more people asking for their bunks to be moved.

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

hotshot manager.png