[GL] Mike

Should I be Delta-5 Command?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I be Delta-5 Command?

• Yes
    • No

Your In-Game Name: Mike

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:209339952

How long have you been playing on the server for?: 3 Years Now.

List all of the RP ranks you hold on the server. (MTF, Gensec, Etc.) : E-11 2LT

What Command position are you applying for? (list two): CPT or LTCOL

Why do you want to become Delta-5 Command? (250+ Words): I want to be Delta-5 command for a variety of reasons. Delta-5 is a new branch, meaning that relations between others are fresh, and non-hostile. I'd like to keep it this way while also maintaining a positive attitude myself. I want Enlisted, and NCOs to be able to talk to me with no worries that I may outlash towards them or use my power in a unproductive way and ruining their experience on the server and in Delta-5. I want to be the command member all others can talk to and trust I will keep my word on the situation while also not remaining bias towards that member. My job as a command member is to handle the branch in a manner where the High Command wont need to be involved. I should not have to contact them unless the situation is completely out of my control. I should also maintain a activity on the server and do trainings to keep the branch full with new faces and members ready to be active. Command also has a responsibility of keeping the branch active not only ourselves, so I am here to provide trainings, PTs, and fun activities to keep morale high. I am fully willing to work with members of the GM team and other command members so we can always have something to do for all of our members. Finally I am fully available at all times on Discord and for most of the day on Teamspeak and on Garry's mod. Having a constantly available command member is a great thing for a branch especially a new one that is coming off the ground and trying to get a stable standing in the middle of two more MTF branches.

Why do you feel you are the best option for this position? (150+ Words): I feel I am the best option for the positions I've selected as I have the correct experience required to lead in them. Both positions are considerably high ranks in the branch so I know it's a lot for me to request I be put in place of them, but I am willing to prove myself in more ways I can count. I can do Document work, I can lead sub-battalions, I can handle situations between members of the branch or between members of our branch and another. Something I put pride in was my ability to handle situations between my battalion and another without causing relationship issues and maintaining a positive attitude throughout. In my time on this server I have figured out the best ways to communicate with others to the point to where miss-communication is never a issue and arguments are never started. I will be willing to prove myself in a position lower than what I applied for if needed but I believe I am ready to handle these spots.

Why should we trust you for this position?: I have been in many command positions over my 3 years on this server. I've experienced it all and have considerably grown from this time on Gaminglight. I have 18 Weeks of playtime on the server and was in multiple High Command positions proving I can handle a Command position and I was responsible for a lot of changes in E-11 and Nu-7 in the past. While some stayed some were changed, I have provided hours of commitment to this server and im willing to do the same for the betterment of Delta-5 and it's growth as a new branch.

Do you have past leadership / command experience? If so please list them. (Limit it to Gmod only please): E-11 VCMDR, Nu-7 CMDR, 74th Medical VCMDR, Medical CPT, Technical Manager, CI RND RA, Omi-9 WO.

You are in LCZ and Security is requesting assistance due to a Mass D Block Riot; however, Chaos Insurgency has been called out for taking a SCP in HCZ. What would you do in this situation, and why?: Chaos. Delta-5 Front Runners deal with the Insurgents over the D-Class, we would secure the SCP and hand it over to Nu-7, after which we would finish cleaning up the Chaos Insurgents and whatever mess the cause in hopes of preventing further destruction and chaos. I will then send men over to LCZ to help with D-Block if it is not under control yet.

What would you do if those under your command are not following orders and are breaking the SOP?: I would first explain that the SOP is being broken and we need to follow it. If the SOP is continued to be broken I will issue PT to those breaking the rules and a Strike as a verbal was already issued. If they continue to break the rules I will issue another strike (Or based on severity) a removal.

How would you react to someone asking to be put into Delta-5 without a tryout and to be fast promoted?: I would first attempt explaining that they would need to join through a tryout and promotions would be done following cooldowns and on a earned basis. If they attempt to further bug me or attempt going to someone else I would speak with High Command and attempt to have the situation dealt with in a manner that causes the least issues for everyone.

Explain how you would react to receiving an anonymous tip about a GOI group: I would first attempt to confirm this tip by having it reviewed and looked over. If the tip was about them attempting to breach the foundation I would increase security in the major parts of the facility as to prevent any major breaches or information leaks. I would then confirm the tip and report it to my  higher command for further orders.

Do you promise to be committed to Delta-5 and to lead by example if you are accepted into Delta-5?: Yes.

Edited by [GL] Mike
Fixes

• Toasty locked this topic