General Suggestion - Rule clarification - Denied

that one dude with the long name

What are you suggesting? - Clarify the MOTD listed rule regarding breaking out of cuffs in RP. The current listed rule verbatim is 'If cuffed, you are prohibited from breaking out of the handcuffs until five minutes have passed since being cuffed, or if left alone and unattended by Foundation/CI personnel.' Which states there are two circumstances regarding breaking out, Being left alone OR having 5 minutes elapse. However even amongst staff this rule is either not well known or is too jumbled to make a clear understanding of. My suggestion is to either have it clarify that you must be left alone explicitly or to list each circumstance in separate sentences.

How would this change better the server? - It would clarify a rule/rp scenario that occurs frequently but is usually changed depending on what staff member or player is asked about it. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  N/A

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone 

One dude with the long name

Senior Moderator at Gaminglight SCPRP 

Site 50, [REDACTED], Finland

"Abuse no one and nothing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision." - Chief Tecumseh

But on my side. 

I +support this. 

Its clarrified enough

Its either
A: Been 5 minutes since being cuffed

or

B: Been left alone by CI/foundation. 

Edited by Chief_

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

It seems clear enough, like Chief said:

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

Its either
A: Been 5 minutes since being cuffed

or

B: Been left alone by CI/foundation. 

I mean, "If cuffed, you are prohibited from breaking out of the handcuffs until five minutes have passed since being cuffed, or if left alone and unattended by Foundation/CI personnel" seems clear enough.

If you can give an example of what you would want it change to to clear it up, I might +Support

But, for now, it seems clear enough, I don't see how it could be clearer. -Support

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:02 AM, Right Twix Bar said:

I mean, "If cuffed, you are prohibited from breaking out of the handcuffs until five minutes have passed since being cuffed, or if left alone and unattended by Foundation/CI personnel" seems clear enough.

If you can give an example of what you would want it change to to clear it up, I might +Support

But, for now, it seems clear enough, I don't see how it could be clearer. -Support

Yeah, I'm not really sure where the confusion is at, nor have I really heard people being confused by it. It seems very clear to me.

-Support

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

On 9/15/2021 at 12:02 AM, Right Twix Bar said:

Clarification is already present.

-Support

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

There is nothing to clarify there is a fine line between trying to understand something and just overcomplicating it

-support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

• 3 weeks later...