General Suggestion - SCPs/Maintenance/FEs/CEs adverting for fixing/successfully breaking a door. - Denied

Shin

What are you suggesting? -

SCPS / Maintenance / Field Experts / Combat Engineers must advert that they are either in a process of fixing a door or have successfully broken a door which means they are OOC.

How would this change better the server? -

First of all, I'm am looking for everyone's opinion on this. I've experienced this before and many players have as well. But my enlisteds have called sits to fix broken doors or checkpoints. And then it takes a while for staff to flag on or take the sit in general. While they are waiting for staff to come, either CI or an SCP comes and takes their life, leaving them unable to fix it because of the sit not being taken. 

Same thing goes for SCPs. When SCPs have successfully broken a door, staff may not take the report for a while, which leads to MTF being able to identify their location, group up and recontain that SCP easily all because the report wasn't taken. And then the door meant to be broken won't be considered broken due to the sit being taken too late.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
This would honestly put a wait timer for everyone that wants to RP, even the people who called the sit. And there would definitely be some players exploiting this rule to avoid being killed.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
SCPs/Maintenance/Field Experts/ Combat Engineers

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Examples:
Maintenance fixing doors:
"/advert [OOC] Fixing a door, I called staff. Don't shoot."
SCPs successfully breaking a door: "/advert [OOC] Broke a door, calling staff right now. Don't shoot."

david-goggins-lifting.gif

+Support to allowing this for maintenance as they are no real threat to any combatants and/or SCPs anyways, kind of a dick move to be killing them during repairs imo.

-Support to SCPs, while waiting for staff sucks, having an SCP OOC for that duration of time would be harmful to gameplay/RP, MTF would have to wait around forever to get the site back to fully functioning, even though the SCP is causing minimal harm. Also, not every SCP player I've seen is honest with actually waiting the time of breaking so I could see them using it as an excuse to be OOC even if the door breach is invalid, thus keeping them out longer and possibly getting MTF killed another way. Of course maintenance could be using it is an OOC excuse but if they were to get caught doing that, that could always be a branch punishment.

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Staff response speed is at an all time low so I have to give this a heavy

+SUPPORT

At least for maintenance

As for SCPs I have to agree with this:

On 8/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support to SCPs, while waiting for staff sucks, having an SCP OOC for that duration of time would be harmful to gameplay/RP, MTF would have to wait around forever to get the site back to fully functioning, even though the SCP is causing minimal harm. Also, not every SCP player I've seen is honest with actually waiting the time of breaking so I could see them using it as an excuse to be OOC even if the door breach is invalid, thus keeping them out longer and possibly getting MTF killed another way. Of course maintenance could be using it is an OOC excuse but if they were to get caught doing that, that could always be a branch punishment.

+Support to allowing this for maintenance as they are no real threat to any combatants and/or SCPs anyways, kind of a dick move to be killing them during repairs imo.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

+support I've experienced this multiple times when I've been playing Field Expert, this goes for the same when I have been playing SCP's.

-support

On 8/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, Nydekore said:

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

E

Former RESEARCH Manager Zack Morden 
 FORMER SECURITY 2LT JFTO Zack Morden

Change is a good thing

• 2 weeks later...