8 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no

• yes
    • no

What is your in-game name?: Oliver Maynard

What is your steam name?: [GL] No_Name258

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:594392932

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): i farded#9227

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: yep, I'm a former moderator in Tow games they're developing a roblox game "SCP: Procedures".

What date did you start playing on the community? around June 5th

What date did you make your forums account? I'm gonna be honest I have no idea maybe June 30th

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 3

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Gold

Are you a staff member in another community? yes, Tow games.

Have you read the staff handbook? yep

Timezone: MDT

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? I want to be a TM because I've never really been into the staffing thing it sounds fun so why not give it a shot?  Before I die I want to try as many things as I can including staffing on my favorite gmod servers. I think I give pretty good punishments in ci. Moderating looks fun so I just wanna try something new. I wont abuse my admin powers, I will keep arguing out of ooc and respect every player even if they don't respect me. I'm applying for staff because boubak and dees suggested I apply for staff so ill take his advice maybe ill find staffing to be my favorite thing to do you never know. I would really like to be apart of the staff team, i'm not the most active person in the server but i'm pretty damn active. I will try to grind my quota's each week. I will be able to get on the Admin job for most of the time, I will get on the staff job during my nlr or waiting for ci to raid, and sometimes ill just be on duty for a few hours.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I would tell them to stop cursing and calm down, if they continue I will gag them and explain they're getting 2 warns for staff disrespect and MRDM then I will administer a 3 day ban for staff disrespect and MRDM.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would tell them to calm down and if they continue being toxic they will get a warn.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? I would say "you know these punishments can lead to bans" if they continue to not care I will ban them for a week for NITRP and warn them for NITRP.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? It depends on the severity of the bug if it was a bug that effects other players and gives them the advantage I will warn them for Exploiting then ban them for 3 weeks for exploiting. If it was a bug that is harmless and is funny and doesnt do anything to affect other people I will tell them to make a bug report on it and maybe warn them if it's anything too bad.

Edited by Oliver Maynard

+Support 

I like Oliver's personality a lot he rarely if not ever is rude or a dick and is usually a nice person to conversate with.

Remember to slap a pole on there though 

Edited by Some minge

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-SUPPORT

Trial-Moderators are not able to ban players. So you probably need to reread the staff handbook.

Could you give a screenshot of your 3 warns to maybe change my opinion in the future.

You didn't have to answer all 4 questions but I'm not gonna change my opinion because of something like that.

I've never talked to you that much but you were given a verbal warning for Player Diss in RnD. I know this was like almost a month ago but I don't know if you have changed or not from the verbal warning.

Honestly, staffing isn't really all about grinding the quota and administering punishments in my opinion. You also are there to help and assist new players that require help. And I see nothing about that on Question 13 so yeah, that is why I'm leaning towards to -Support. I get that your answers aren't supposed to be perfect. Just giving my opinion. 

david-goggins-lifting.gif

3 hours ago, Shin said:

-SUPPORT

Trial-Moderators are not able to ban players. So you probably need to reread the staff handbook.

In the scenario's it never says what rank in staff I am so I could be a moderator or any rank.

Edited by Oliver Maynard

-support

Answer for "Why do you believe that you deserve the rank" answers are not the most promising
"I've never really been into the staffing thing it sounds fun so why not give it a shot?" - Not the best answer you can give
"I will get on the staff job during my nlr or waiting for ci to raid" - Staff is over RP so if tickets build up and CI starts a raid even if your off NLR you would prioritize staffing
" I will try to grind my quota's each week." - The closest thing you gave for staffing, and its not even about helping players its about getting the quota (Yes, every staff does this but we help players more then prioritize quota)
"I wont abuse my admin powers" - The fact you specifically state this has me worried, in my experience anyone who has ever stated this 9/10 times has abused that power, its an agreement you make by default by joining staff you won't abuse, and not something you should have to state.

- My experience with you is alright, I haven't had many interactions, the few I had were not bad but not good either, just inbetween
- Scenario question answers: Cursing alone is not Staff disrespect, unless it becomes even slightly offensive its just a few curse words

Edited by ripjaw56789

On 8/25/2021 at 11:21 AM, Shin said:

-SUPPORT

Could you give a screenshot of your 3 warns to maybe change my opinion in the future.

You didn't have to answer all 4 questions but I'm not gonna change my opinion because of something like that.

I've never talked to you that much but you were given a verbal warning for Player Diss in RnD. I know this was like almost a month ago but I don't know if you have changed or not from the verbal warning.

Honestly, staffing isn't really all about grinding the quota and administering punishments in my opinion. You also are there to help and assist new players that require help. And I see nothing about that on Question 13 so yeah, that is why I'm leaning towards to -Support. I get that your answers aren't supposed to be perfect. Just giving my opinion. 

Biggest Minge | Hoovy Where is my Paycheck? SEC

-SUPPORT

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

-SUPPORT

-SUPPORT

Also you have a homophobia ban from last month 

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

-Support

• You were banned for "Homophobia" simply because of that I can't give you my support.. if you're here to help people I don't believe this is something you should have.
  • "Are you a staff member in another community? yes, Tow games." This question is asking if you're currently staff in another community, which our staff guidelines clearly state that's not something we allow.
  • I also feel your reason for wanting to be a staff member is very lackluster. Typically people do it because they want to help someone, and you led with it's because you wanted to kick it off your bucket list.
  • I do like that you did all the scenario question, but they need a lot of work.

Note: This is not to bash you, simply to help you if you would like to apply again.

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021