Tab menu sorting suggestion (from the f4 top to bottom) - Denied

Fat Payton | [GL]

What are you suggesting? - make it so each job on the TAB menu is in a better place,such as all of research into 1 spot and ulitliy in a different spot

How would this change better the server? - makes it so you know if any of 1 job is online
IM TIRED of looking throught the tab to see all of resreach and then senior resreach is under the scps or maynard in the middle of utlity

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - none,but i dunno how to code so this may be impossible to fix

Who would this change mostly benefit? - everyone, makes it much easier to see which jobs are on 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -none

I don't really understand. You want all branches to be seperated under specific tabs? Aren't they already?

Alright, after having things cleared up a bit. I'm gonna + Support but only if SMT is down to do this since I'm 100% sure this is an extremely tedious task to do.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

I don't really understand. You want all branches to be seperated under specific tabs? Aren't they already?

Well he wants all branches oragnized to be clumped with each other. Right now some aren't like Senior Researcher, Junior Researcher, and Researchers. Only way for this to be fixed would be some  code  to change how the TAB menu is oraganized. Only problem I see with this if new ccs were to be added, they would have to be individually organized. 

Retired SEC HFTO COL akrew10

7 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

Yato he means in the tab menu. Not the f4 menu. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

I don't fully know how the tab menu is currently organized, but I remember a quote from a Research HCMD (I think it was Starstep), in which this general idea was conveyed:

If we were to want everything grouped together, you have to change the names of the jobs. So for Research it'd be Research Junior, Researcher, Research Senior, ect.
With similarities for other branches.

And like it was said above

12 hours ago, a_krew10 said:

Well he wants all branches oragnized to be clumped with each other. Right now some aren't like Senior Researcher, Junior Researcher, and Researchers. Only way for this to be fixed would be some  code  to change how the TAB menu is oraganized. Only problem I see with this if new ccs were to be added, they would have to be individually organized. 

Doing it custom would probably take a bit of extra work, which would be up to SMT if they wanted to do it.

So, I mean, +Support if it wouldn't ruin the way our jobs currently are.

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:56 PM, Right Twix Bar said:

I don't fully know how the tab menu is currently organized, but I remember a quote from a Research HCMD (I think it was Starstep), in which this general idea was conveyed:

If we were to want everything grouped together, you have to change the names of the jobs. So for Research it'd be Research Junior, Researcher, Research Senior, ect.
With similarities for other branches.

And like it was said above

Doing it custom would probably take a bit of extra work, which would be up to SMT if they wanted to do it.

So, I mean, +Support if it wouldn't ruin the way our jobs currently are.

What he said is correct, it would be way too much reworking for such a simple change.

big cat running GIF