Train... Overlords... Event.... Team Application... takeit...Accepted

Train Overlord

In-Game Name: TrainOverlord

SteamID (Ex. STEAM_0:1:123456789) : STEAM_0:0:95000511

What is your ULX Rank?(Donator/Staff): N/A

What is your time played on the SCPRP server?: Ingame is 6 days. 

What is your RP Rank (MTF,SEC,CI, Etc)?: AR Researcher 

What is your timezone?: AEST

How would you rate your knowledge of the SCP world? (1-10): 8-9

Do you have any experience as a Gamemaster or Event Planner? (If so, explain it): Yes, technically, I was previously an ETM last year beginning in August but had to leave early due to complications.

How Active are you? (1/10): At the moment bordering around 7-8.

How many warns do you have? (Across all Gaminglight Servers. Put the date/reason/server, then explain each one.): N/A

Why should we allow you to be an Event Team Member (150+ Words)?:

Ambition 

My ambition serves as a solid focal point to why I should become an Event Team Member for the Gaming light community. I desire to create and broadcast a range of creative and innovative events to the server ranging from small to large-scale, while continuously taking on community feedback to improve myself. Part of my ambition derives from my enjoyment of creating and putting an event in action and seeing it play out. I couldn't nail down what, but seeing an event you created playing out is thrilling. Even when something doesn't go to plan, there is a sense of enjoyment in fixing it on the spot by improvising. The last thing I want is for players to be unintentionally punished by playing on the server from a particular region or timezone. This is why I am ambitious on my event plans towards the AEST timezone, in particular where I reside and where many players suffer from a lack of events. This isn't the fault of anyone but is something I can attempt to resolve to a certain extent. My ambition is not limited to getting in the ET or doing one or two events but rather is a continuous, ongoing objective of fulfilling my roles and duties as an EMT to the greatest of my abilities while maintaining quality. While such a statement may not be easy, I am willing to dedicate the time needed to warn if something interrupts it. One thing you can expect from me is events made with passion and planning.

Previous Experience

This isn't my first rodeo. While not for the greatest time, I have been a part of the ET in the past and hosted/spectated quite a few events. With this being noted, you can expect me to possess the knowledge already and effectively take on the role and operate as an Event Team Member and run an event from beginning to end after familiarizing myself with the changes that may have been made. Having played host to some events in my time, I am familiar with the commands and the issues I may encounter when hosting events and how to deal with them. Of course, I'm not ignorant of the problems I encountered either. One of the many complex challenges I encountered was getting supervision for events before I could host my own, which proved to be a challenge that I will have to overcome again. One of my greatest traits is my creative mindset and a subdivision that can think on the spot. When it comes to hosting events, one cannot micromanage everything, and sometimes plans won't go the way you expect them to, so being able to think on the spot is an effective trait needed. This isn't coming from my thinking but from what I encountered on the server. Not only am I claiming I can, but I have done it in the past. Suppose I was to be accepted into the Event Team. In that case, you could expect an individual who can operate from the word go while open to learning more by enhancing upon my already established experience.

Why I left the Event Team

Lastly, before I wrap this up, I believe I need to address this particular point. When I was a part of the Event Team, I genuinely enjoyed hosting events and almost missed them. I became a part of the Event Team last year towards the end of August but had to leave due to my schooling (HSC amiright Australians?) While I can confidently say it was out of my control, I still feel disappointed towards myself because of my unexpected leaving of the team because, in a way, I had let down those who placed their trust in me. While I'm happy to say, I have finished my schooling and moved to university in a stable time. I was hesitant to apply for ET until this point because I was generally unsure if it was right to do so given some words of encouragement ingame which has convinced me to reapply. I understand I haven't been back for the longest time, and a good application and being a good ET member are two different things, but I am willing to prove I can do two for two.

Personality

To be completely honest, I leave this last again because it's the one I find most challenging to make. Why? Well, it's hard to summarize me, especially while not overlapping what I have previously said. Like I said before, if I had to describe myself in one word in this context, it's 'outgoing.' Because I like to take things in stride and enjoy myself but not at the comprise of someone else's. This is probably why I enjoyed being an Event Team Member the way I did because making and hosting an event is doing just that, having your fun while giving it to others. When on the server, I usually adopt eccentric/carefree behaviour. While these two sound contradictory, I somehow strike a balance and make it work. I typically take a more eccentric personality when I am passionate about something I am working towards whenever its tests or previously when staffing or hosting events on the server. I usually retain a more carefree persona in every other situation. I firmly believe that these two personas are assets to me as an Event Team Member. I am not limited to these two, however, to communicate and maintain a mature side when required effectively. While I am capable of getting angry like any regular person, if something doesn't happen right in the context of the server, I more or less like challenges, so when something doesn't go right, I take it on with excitement than anything else. As an Event Team Member, you can expect me to create and host events with an eccentric passion with a creative mindset to produce quality events while maintaining the ability to communicate effectively to event characters and other ET's.

Describe an event you could create (The more specific, the better):

Sure, lets call it                  "Static Bird"

Organizations / SCP's involved

- SCP 1745 (https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1745)

- Undisclosed Foundation Researcher

Event Characters required:

2-6 are acceptable. 

Event Character details

Foundation Researcher

Role: The foundation researcher serves as the information carrier between the foundation and me. The Researcher is purely RP and is free to conduct themselves however they wish in character. 

- 250hp

- N/A Armor

- Weapon wise will start with a pistol but can buy weapons from the armory if granted permission from foundation personal during the waves. 

Soviet Union Robotic Pilot 

Role: This humanoid robot takes its appearances from the Soviet Union styled as a Pilot served during that time. Its objective is to raid the foundation for the reality anchor killing those who attempt to stop it. If taken alive, it will be free to RP. 

Number of players using: 2 or more 

- 500hp (this is open to be strengthed depending on numbers and branches on)

- 100 Armor 

- Weapon-wise, will be rocking typical AR or sniper if chosen. Specific weapons are free to be suggested.

Soviet Union Robotic Pilot Tank

Role: This intelligent little fella somehow managed to adapt the helicopter's weapons into itself when it was formed. Serves the same purpose as normal pilots but buff.

Numbers of players using: Strictly 1

- 750hp 

- 100 Armor

- Weapon-wise, anything heavy, either Rocket Launcher or miniguns. Kept under strict regulation of usage, however, and will be managed to ensure it remains balanced. 

Story:

"Congratulations! Site-### you have been selected by complete chance to take part in our exciting development of our brand-new Scranton Reality Anchor! And you get to build it yourself! This brand new machine is risk-free and guaranteed to lock those pesky reality benders back in our dimensional plane where they belong! Any trouble or damage caused will be reimbursed and fixed by us, so no worries! "

"Alright, that's enough of the jokes; nothing done by us is by chance. You were chosen specifically because of your site's unnatural ability to attract reality benders. Hell, some of the boys in the office have considered tagging your site as an SCP. Regardless, this works well considering your site houses several reality benders, so this will work in both of our favours. As you already know, we have briefly spoken to SCP-343, who has agreed to show no resistance to the housing of it provided it's temporary. 

"Long story short, our development department has designed an experimental version of the original Scranton Reality Anchor. I was kidding about the whole 'build it yourself!', no, no, pretty much all details regarding its origin, construction, and purpose are entirely redacted for you. The only thing you need to know is where and when it's coming. In order to properly calibrate and gain initial readings, it needs to be removed and placed in an existing facility to see how it will fair in its intended settings. 

"Your site was recommended to our department by the good word of my superiors; however, if I am reading this correctly, your site has had a long string of... unusual situations, and that's putting it lightly, and quite frankly, I am not sold on you. To ensure it goes smoothly, I am sending it along with one of my department researchers, who will manage its setup and calibration. We thank you for your willingness to assist us, even if it was by force. "

"One last thing. Don't break it. "

Gameplay: 

Passive RP

Alright, so typical event fashion, the beginning stage of this event will be passive RP in nature. The foundation will receive a communication from the previously mentioned Researcher who will arrive at the foundation VIA helicopter with dozens of crates containing the reality anchor. After initial communication and with the assistance of some foundation personal, the reality anchor will be moved inside the facility to whatever room (preferably close to LCZ) whereabouts is explicitly up to the foundation personal onsite. As the Researchers role is RP in nature, the Researcher will converse with foundation personal. After the moving of the crates, the Researcher, with the assistance of MTF/Gensec/Researchers or even maintenance, can begin RP in the construction of the reality anchor, and this will continue until it becomes operational. 

After the reality anchor becomes operational, some time will pass until the foundation receives another communication. This time it's from an undisclosed foundation zone alerting personal that SCP-1745 containment has failed and its closing to the site's location by the earliest predictions. Foundation can converse with the zone to learn about SCP-1745. 

The Entrance 

Unexpectedly, most electrical devices, including communications, will fail on the site as the last advert made will be of the foundation computers warning SCP-1745 is within view.

If any foundation personal enter the surface, they will spectate the same helicopter that dropped off the Researcher, losing control within the air before shortly crashing into SCP-1745. Both aircraft crash near foundation gates. However, it's not long before that SCP-1745 begins to give audible sounds of machinery clashing together. Soon, a series of crudely made robotic humanoids made of the same material as the helicopter starts to flood out of SCP-1745. 3 of these, however, are notable as they are dressed as Soviet Union pilots. What follows is an all-out assault of the facility, beginning from the surface making its way down into LCZ, which continues for some time.

The Fight To Survive 

At this point foundation, personal should be able to gauge that the anchor is attracting the creatures. If not, the Researcher will inform them of the possibility as the anchor is reliant upon artificial radio signals to achieve its job and stresses that the anchor cannot be damaged because its operational and its destruction could be explosive. At this point, the Researcher will fix the communication issue by allowing the computer terminal controlling the anchor to give adverts with the consequence it has to be given to the entire facility. While rudimentary, it provides some basic level of communication and order.  

With online communications, the robotic humanoids will, through unknown means, find the location of the reality anchor and now target that particular location. The three (or more) event characters will now be attacking with the specific aim of getting to the anchor and blowing it sky-high, which the foundation must prevent on top of the regular waves. Foundation forces will need to guard and deter its attackers to avoid the anchor's destruction. (If the foundation wants extra RP, they can attempt to restrain one). 

The Ending

After some waves of enemies (dependent on how the event plays out), another communication from Foundation Zone-457 will be made with instructions to turn off whatever is causing the attraction of SCP-1745. At the same time, they attempt to amplify their machines to reestablish containment. The Researcher, however, will be against this, opting that turning it off now will render it useless to calibration and that waiting it out is the best option.

Foundation personal can choose to do whatever they wish whenever it is turning it off anyway (even if it means restraining the Researcher) or listen to the Researcher.) 

How this event ends is dependent on how the situation unfolds; however, it will most likely go about in the following ways.

Turning off the realty anchor: By turning off the anchor Foundation will have to wait for another final wave to buy time for its shutdown sequences, resulting in a more significant wave. Once deterred the reality anchor will give a minor blowup with warning killing those in the room still. After its explosion, Zone-457 will engage its containment procedures, and SCP-1745 will manage to get airborne despite its damage and fly away, causing the end of the event. Leftover humanoids or pilots can be restrained and interrogated for research RP.

Listening to the Researcher (not turning it off): By not turning off the reality, anchor waves will continue in strength. The event will be prolonged for additional time, with the potential consequence of failure increasing. If successfully defended until calibration completes, a similar ending will occur above in that Zone-457 will attract SCP-1745 away.

Failure of defence 

In the event that at any point event the realty anchor is blown up by the robotic humanoids, it will cause a wide-scale explosion damaging all personal and equipment within a certain radius, causing damage to the foundation site and the failure of calibration. However, afterwards, the robotic humanoids will attempt to salvage any parts from the explosion and flee towards SCP-1745 taking away the majority of the realty anchor parts if not stopped. Afterwards, it would be noted that SCP-1745 absorbed the parts and, when attracted away from the site, will cause wide-scale destruction at Zone-457 upon its arrival using parts absorbed. 

Tying up loose ends if the Researcher survives, they shall assist in repairing the foundation's systems, bringing them back online with complete communications before getting another evacuation and leaving the site. 

" You broke it didn't you? "

T H E. E N D 

Have you read the Event Team Guidelines?: Affirmative

What is your favorite favourite SCP? Why

Has to be the same as I said in my previous application. I am a sucker for lore and so SCP-2316 comes in on top. It ticks all my boxes in the usage of writing techniques, story building and lore building. I dont want to repeat myself but damn I love my cogitohazards. 

woah, finally. 

EDIT; So, slight annoyance but I cant add any sort of colour to this for whatever reason. So you have bolding and underlining instead. 

EDIT 2: I apologise, this may be uh.. slightly long in hindsight. 

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 1

Nothing special here, move on.

+Support

-best app I have seen/remembered

-event looks very well planned

-former ET

I read like 5 paragraphs of this and gave up trying to read it all.

• Laughing 1

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

1 minute ago, Pills said:

+Support

-best app I have seen/remembered

-event looks very well planned

-former ET

I read like 5 paragraphs of this and gave up trying to read it all.

This is amazing.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

+Support

Once again proving why he is the best Event Team member I ever had. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

+Support

The best ET Application I've ever seen.

image.png.e6516d0bafa65015f65fd8b86d9ca50c.png

• Gaminglight Love 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• Train Overlord changed the title to Train... Overlords... Event.... Team Application... takeit...