nightsoil

In-Game Name:

nightsoil

SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:221047530

ULX Rank:

N/A

Time played on the SCPRP server:

~2 weeks playtime (1 month since joining)

RP Ranks:

GENSEC SFTO 2LT | | MTF Nu7 SGT | | (If Applicable) RRH Guardians

Timezone:

Eastern Standard Time (Flexible)

How would you rate your knowledge of the SCP world? (1-10):

8/10, know must of the lore decently like GOI relations well but not newly written aspects and obscure SCPs

Experience as a Gamemaster or Event Planner:

N/A

How Active are you? (1/10):

10/10, can log upwards of 4 hours of actual playtime everyday

Warns:

0 infractions registered for user “nightsoil

1462796856_Untitleddrawing.png.222d4e5c2c4ba12f0bc46d7da081de47.png

Why should we allow you to be an Event Team Member (150+ Words)?:

Contribution to an Enjoyable Experience

Since I started to play on GamingLight's SCPRP last month, I realized that a lot of the fun I had as a generally lower-ranking member of the branches were in the form of the events. Now that I think about it, a lot of the more memorable situations that I've gotten myself into were related to events, and they were all really unique compared to the normality of facility life. To this day, I admire all the work that event team members put into creating mini-stories, hinting at different SCPs, GOIs and minutiae in lore. I feel that I have potential to contribute a lot to the server in the form of being an event team member, writing and participating in new events while also giving the creators some actual feedback and suggest what can be added, removed, improved or changed next time (as opposed to the 1-5 star rating system for all players on the server). Being honest can be very difficult at times, but generally I think all the events created by event team members make sense according to the SCP Foundation lore and allows the unique roles that all branches provide to shine individually. If a large demographic of players are left out of any event of mine, I wouldn't be able to accept that the event was "great" or "fun" because I'd be excluding the opinions of the people who events are designed for in the first place; the players of the server. With so many events being combat-oriented, I think it'd be nice if there were a couple event team members who could overcome the challenge of creating an action-packed, interesting, immersive and captivating experience that desperately shies so far away from shooting guns and explosions.

Dedication to Roleplay & Lore

When it comes to events, I think realism is one of the most important things that event team members have to keep in mind to maintain. Unnecessary or otherwise uncomfortable details that really don't belong in the environment of a secret underground facility of monsters and scientists shouldn't even really be considered, in my opinion. After all, the event team should work to enhance lore, not spearhead a member's headcannon of it into the players of the server. I'm generally unbiased about things that I critique, one of those being the SCP articles found on the database, so I do consider myself at least semi-adept at spotting things that don't do anything to build on the existing notion of the Foundation. With all that said, I also think that there should be room for some uniqueness across the events, otherwise everything would be predictable and as stale as a book read 100 times over. If I were to become an event team member, I would try to keep RP as much as possible, involve situations where I have to break RP a lot less, and definitely abide and source a lot of event material and ideas directly from lore, also making some room to squeeze in gameplay elements that are relevant to the server and not impossible to implement the form of a playable, enjoyable event.

Activity, Accessibility & Availability

Something more related to the server in general is my ability to be online at a moment's notice, to which I say, yes, I can be on practically anytime in my free time within 10 minutes to help out with preparation or involvement with an event that's ongoing or about to start. Usually, I'll always be online anyways so there would be no delay from a request to my response given that I'm not sleeping or AFK. I'm usually most active gameplay-wise during peak gaming hours anyways, which is when I assume most major events will most likely be held at. As I detailed in one of the above questions for the application, I stated that I can log upwards of 4 hours a day everyday, which is true, and can be backed up by certain logs that would indicate as such. Some days I may not be able to be online at all, but rest assured you will be notified if I was meant to be helping with an event on the same date that I was meant to be entirely absent. Contacting me is not an issue at all either, I'm open to personal pings on the Discord server and my DMs are unrestricted. Overall, I think I could be a member that participates in most peak-hour events, is on nearly everyday with a lot of hours to reflect activity, and available to help other users where and when I am able to.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading the first section of my application, and I hope you enjoy the ideas I had for the event and my reasonings for why I picked the SCP I did. As always, I will be open to talk on Discord (DMs are publicly available) and in-game if it's to discuss an urgent matter. I will usually be on a lot of the daytime in the Eastern Standard Time Zone so don't hesitate to spam those PMs/DMs until I respond, I'm open to all suggestions/advice!

Describe an event you could create (The more specific the better):

"Faux Wiring"

Prior to the actual event, adverts should go out describing malfunctions in electrical sites of certain areas predominantly around LCZ, as well as the amount of time allotted for repair. These locations are to be selected by Event Team staff prior to starting the event, shouldn't be placed in spawn rooms, and obviously designated with a prop and/or a sign signifying a broken component. When a repair is attempted, event staff must be called and a roll-off commences between the maintenance and the event personnel. If the maintenance personnel succeeds, the repair is adverted. However, if the maintenance loses the roll-off with the event team member, they are kill via electrocution. There is no cooldown on repair attempts, and, if medical personnel are present, roll offs are not required. If maintenance were not successful in fixing said issues in time, after roughly 5 minutes, any personnel attempting to fix any remaining broken wires should be electrocuted (and subsequently killed by event team staff) and an advert sent out notifying of the hazard whenever possible. Additionally, 5-10 minutes after the electrocutions have begun, CC doors may be opened and SCPs breached (in accordance with the limit in the guidelines, 106 and 682 CCs are not allowed) which should also be adverted with 3 minute delays between, with a maximum of 3 SCPs breached throughout the entirety of the event. If maintenance are successful in repairing electrical components around said site, breaching is averted and no personnel may be electrocuted. After all breaching has ceased, the main electrical lighting to the facility should be shut off momentarily, and the following should be adverted by an event team member:

SCP-938 terminated by Mobile Task Force Unit Mu-4 "Debuggers".

Event Requirements:

- At least 5+ MTF personnel should be present on-site throughout the entire event to recontain the SCPs. If this threshold were to drop lower than 5, all SCP breaching is to be halted for the rest of the duration of the event.

- A minimum of 3 Event Team members are recommended to keep an eye on maintenance attempting to fix the broken electrical components.

- At least 2 maintenance should be present at commencement and during the first section of the event, with no more than 5 selected electrical components being broken around LCZ. This is to ensure that the breaches are avoidable given that maintenance repair components at a rate of 1 component/1 minute.

- Classes such as Field Experts and others who would normally be able to repair CCs and Doors may NOT assist with repairs, its exclusively maintenance branch members.

Have you read the Event Team Guidelines?:

Read and understood to it's entirety, but will definitely have to come back to it a lot of times to ensure that I'm not infringing on it's terms.

Favorite SCP:

Hard to say for certain because I will probably end up changing my mind in the future. The most interesting, and therefore favourite, SCP that I know of is SCP-2006 in lore. When I think about a good SCP, especially a frightening or uncanny one, I think about something that is open to a lot of interpretation and able to manipulate individual's perceptions of it. SCP-2006 manifests as whatever they think will scare people, sort of innocently, but has the potential to be a big problem due to its disguising capabilities. Furthermore, the entity doesn't seem to be limited by physical space and could probably morph into any being it knows of, given it would be intelligent and sapient enough to do so. What I think makes an SCP the most likely to generate fear is the potential dangerous it poses, not because it is dangerous all the time but because it, with or without knowing it, can do a lot to compromise the integrity that the SCP Foundation stands for. SCPs like 096 and 106 are popular and considered to be a greatly written SCP because it leaves the reader with a lot of different possibilities in their head if they were let loose to kill, almost certainly none of which are answered by the document. 096 has such an obscure trigger with effectively limitless strength and endurance, meaning that there's not a lot that the foundation can do to truly ensure it stays in captivity. The same deal with SCP-106, if it escapes to solid ground it could, for all we know, teleport to and wreak havoc on any point of the Earth that isn't suspended by large, powerful electromagnetics and monitored constantly with as little human interaction as possible keeping it there.

Edited by nightsoil
  • Like 1

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+ Support

Nightsoil is a very nice person to talk to.

App is very good / big

Interesting SCP 

Good Event Idea

Edited by Guinea Pig
  • Gaminglight Love 1

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

16 hours ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

App is very good / big

Interesting SCP 

Good Event Idea

• Gaminglight Love 1

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

16 hours ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

App is very good / big

Interesting SCP 

Good Event Idea

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

On 5/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

Very nice application

Nice person

Very nice event idea

Fit for ET 

Good luck!

That app goddamn, nice job

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

On 5/19/2021 at 3:24 PM, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

App is very good / big

Interesting SCP 

Good Event Idea

• Gaminglight Love 1

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:24 PM, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

App is very good / big

Interesting SCP 

Good Event Idea

• Like 1

Current: [Event Team Member] [Research LR] [Nu7 PVT] [Small minge]
Former: [E11 2019 MSGT, 2021 PFC] [Nu7 RCT] [Security CPL] [Medical EXFM] [Maintenance Journeyman] [Moderator]

Accepted
We have reviewed your application, and have decided to accept you as an Event Team Trainee! Please contact a Senior Event Team Member to begin your training!

If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to shoot me a DM via Discord: Neo#2337!

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||