General Suggestion - Their should be two main doors to red warehouse - Denied

Gamersquadman

What are you suggesting? -  Their should be two main doors to red warehouse

How would this change better the server? - it would make it fun for MTF to fight in a mech raid because they are not getting gunned down and the door is not being spammed shut on them. This would make it so MTF are not easy to shoot like fish in a barrel

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  It would make it harder for CI to hold the warehouse

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - This image shows how small the entry point is and how easily tunneled MTF becomes

S1.PNG

Edited by Gamersquadman

+/- Support

- Here's the thing, I can understand the frustration of there only being one door that they have to get a pathfinder into,.

- While I wouldn't make the door bigger, what I would do is add a SECOND door on the other side of the warehouse, that way CI has to defend more points, and MTF have to attack from more points in order to flip open the big door.

-  It would require a Map Update in order to do, which could be 2+ months off.

- A Second Big door is not needed. However, a second small door could suffice

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

1 hour ago, Domo775 said:

-support 

there’s already a giant garage door 

seems unnecessary 

It is almost impossible to get this door open (because the button is on the inside) and if opened it is closed in 5 seconds 

58 minutes ago, NeoID said:

+/- Support

- Here's the thing, I can understand the frustration of there only being one door that they have to get a pathfinder into,.

- While I wouldn't make the door bigger, what I would do is add a SECOND door on the other side of the warehouse, that way CI has to defend more points, and MTF have to attack from more points in order to flip open the big door.

I  Think the idea of two doors is better and will switch my suggestion to that

• Gamersquadman changed the title to General Suggestion - Their should be two main doors to red warehouse
11 hours ago, NeoID said:

+/- Support

+support. It is impossible to get anyone through. CI spray the door and kill pathfinders while their cloaked and say “oh we weren’t trying to kill you” It is impossible to get anyone in please add this 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

12 hours ago, NeoID said:

+/- Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

-support 

really it hasn’t been as much as an issue to beat a warehouse raid. we have lost just as many time you guys have won. really isn’t an issue and you can easily push with a riot shield.

also, i don’t think you can edit the house i think it’s mounted to the map

Edited by enuz 💣
  • Like 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

after talking to Nenea, he told me that this incident was based off of a mech raid that occurred last night which I think isn'tt a good example to base this nerf on. mech raids are purely based on numbers of people who are on, both sides are completely able to defend or attack. also, keep in mind that CI only raids when they have a chance, if you guys were to extremely outnumber CI, we obviously wouldn't try to raid. 

• Like 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

-Support

It takes 1 pathfinder to run inside and open the giant door, it takes around 3 seconds to open and another 3 seconds to close, besides the point that CI aren't near the button so it takes around 4-6 seconds for one to get to it from when it's opened, in total that gives 10-12 seconds for MTF to rush the door in 10-12 seconds if all MTF are ready they can all get inside and counter us from the back, I see no reason for this to be added, besides the fact that it would take till next map update to be added.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-Support

First of all You would have to wait for a map change for this. Start using pathfinders to open the big door instead of trying to kill the Delta Command members that are hosting the mech raid. It takes 1 Pathfinder to open the big door even if it's only open for 3 seconds Just group around the big door till a Pathfinder opens it and rush in CI are never near the button that's why that should be easy. Another alternative is use Riot shields I know this is a donator item that not everyone has and yes you shouldn't be relying on a donator item but I have seen a lot of E11 that have the riot shield.

Edited by Alexxx

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

5 minutes ago, Alexxx said:

-Support

First of all You would have to wait for a map change for this. Start using pathfinders to open the big door and not kill the Delta Command members that are hosting the mech raid. It takes 1 Pathfinder to open the big door even if it's only open for 3 seconds Just group around the big door till a Pathfinder opens it and rush in CI are never near the button that's why that should be easy. Another alternative is use Riot shields I know this is a donator item that not everyone has and yes you shouldn't be relying on a donator item but I have seen a lot of E11 that have the riot shield.

3 hours ago, Alexxx said:

-Support

First of all You would have to wait for a map change for this. Start using pathfinders to open the big door instead of trying to kill the Delta Command members that are hosting the mech raid. It takes 1 Pathfinder to open the big door even if it's only open for 3 seconds Just group around the big door till a Pathfinder opens it and rush in CI are never near the button that's why that should be easy. Another alternative is use Riot shields I know this is a donator item that not everyone has and yes you shouldn't be relying on a donator item but I have seen a lot of E11 that have the riot shield.

4 hours ago, Alexxx said:

-Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+/- Support 

The nerf seems too harsh and having 2 entrances is too much since there is a giant door that any cloaking can open it. I think having a blue line or a prop limit is a good idea so +Support for that . What i think we can have is a double door instead of 1, keep the giant door with the button and add a line where we can build

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

9 hours ago, Alexxx said:

-Support

Pathfinders will get sprayed at the door as it is a tactic to open fire as soon as the door opens. Using Riot shields is pay to play. Just because some E11 have it does not mean they all do. And yes we will need a Map change.

2 hours ago, CI Cosmic said:

+/- Support 

The nerf seems too harsh and having 2 entrances is too much since there is a giant door that any cloaking can open it. I think having a blue line or a prop limit is a good idea so +Support for that . What i think we can have is a double door instead of 1, keep the giant door with the button and add a line where we can build

Please refer to what I said above about the pathfinder part. If we add the blue line then I think it would be to much for CI because of how far back it is like in chiefs suggestion and a prop limit would not help how tunneled MTF are during mech raids.

9 hours ago, Cloaker said:

-Support

It takes 1 pathfinder to run inside and open the giant door, it takes around 3 seconds to open and another 3 seconds to close, besides the point that CI aren't near the button so it takes around 4-6 seconds for one to get to it from when it's opened, in total that gives 10-12 seconds for MTF to rush the door in 10-12 seconds if all MTF are ready they can all get inside and counter us from the back, I see no reason for this to be added, besides the fact that it would take till next map update to be added.

Please Refer to what I said to Alexxx about pathfinders

9 hours ago, enuz 💣 said:

after talking to Nenea, he told me that this incident was based off of a mech raid that occurred last night which I think isn'tt a good example to base this nerf on. mech raids are purely based on numbers of people who are on, both sides are completely able to defend or attack. also, keep in mind that CI only raids when they have a chance, if you guys were to extremely outnumber CI, we obviously wouldn't try to raid. 

This was mainly started as I realized how hard it is to even enter the warehouse and after seeing how many props were used. which when I was in CI we would use a max of 10 props with one fence and the rest being the barricades. which this warehouse raid is what sparked me to make this suggestion after this happening multiple times.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:49 PM, Alexxx said:

-Support

Having to depend on a donator job, item etc. should never be a thing. Especially when it comes to such a high tier rank just. Just like you said.

+/- Support It may take some time to actually get the edit in, but there's no need to rush anything. Two doors would actually require smart positioning and spreading forces intelligently instead of senseless shooting into the "only" entrance from behind the barricades. However, at this point I'd rather have a separate place for the raids that'd be better designed than what we have now, just two doors wouldn't be the most optimal solution for the current wareshouse due to It's placement.

Not to mention longshots/infiltrators sniping us and weakening our assaults.

Edited by Yeppes

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

1 hour ago, Yeppes said:

Having to depend on a donator job, item etc. should never be a thing. Especially when it comes to such a high tier rank just. Just like you said.

+/- Support It may take some time to actually get the edit in, but there's no need to rush anything. Two doors would actually require smart positioning and spreading forces intelligently instead of braindead shooting into the only entrance from behind the barricades. However, at this point I'd rather have a separate place for the raids that'd be better designed than what we have now, just two doors wouldn't be the most optimal solution for the current wareshouse due to It's placement.

Not to mention longshots/infiltrators sniping us and weakening our assaults.

Longshots are not allowed to be outside of mech raids. Well If you do want a different place where the mech raid gets hosted then suggest one.

O5

2 hours ago, Alexxx said:

Longshots are not allowed to be outside of mech raids. Well If you do want a different place where the mech raid gets hosted then suggest one.

It's an option to put a building somewhere between CI base and Gate A/B or reaching somewhere further in direction of Gate B, but I'm not responsible for the map, so I cannot give an accurate location, however just adding another door to the current location is still better than no change at all.

Also, we're reaching far into the future, so this whole suggestion should probably wait till a map update is even considered, but that's not a good reason for negative support.

This is my last post here since I don't want this to turn into another argument and neither is a place for longer discussions.

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

19 hours ago, Gamersquadman said:

Pathfinders will get sprayed at the door as it is a tactic to open fire as soon as the door opens. Using Riot shields is pay to play. Just because some E11 have it does not mean they all do. And yes we will need a Map change.

How would adding a second door be a solution then ? Why wouldn't we just spray at the Second door ?

This will be my final post about this otherwise it would turn into an arguement.

Edited by Alexxx

O5

Just now, Alexxx said:

How would adding a second door be a solution then ? Why wouldn't we just spray at the Second door ?

It would make it so they do not have as many CI spraying that one spot which would make it easier for the Pathfinder/SO to enter

On 5/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, Gamersquadman said:

It would make it so they do not have as many CI spraying that one spot which would make it easier for the Pathfinder/SO to enter

with this new meta, i doubt that will happen tbh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The giant garage door is irrelevant because no matter what, we spray bullets out the main door the second it opens. It doesnt matter that in theory a pathfinder can slip in, because they can certainly try, and will be shredded as a result. Only quick pushes get there, and it usually only results in a tiny advantage quickly negated as the heavily prepared CI guns down and shuts the doors. In the current state, the garage door doesn't do much. Best case scenario, someone slips in and opens it without being attacked and tons of mtf pour in. Okay. So now what happens when everyone moves to shoot the people coming in the main area anyways? Now they are trapped between deltas and everything downstairs. The door gets shut behind them so now they are stuck with a bunch of CI and the raid is essentially voraciously shafted. Another door could divide attentions and make a raid less one sided. I have never done a mech raid with serious opposition. I dont even know if I have DIED during one. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 5/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, NeoID said:

+/- Support

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

On 5/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, enuz 💣 said:

-support 

really it hasn’t been as much as an issue to beat a warehouse raid. we have lost just as many time you guys have won. really isn’t an issue and you can easily push with a riot shield.

also, i don’t think you can edit the house i think it’s mounted to the map

Former CI 1st LT | Former Head Longshot | Former E4 (D4)

Former ma blazzu | Former HLPR Bot aV4

Former SCP-RP Event Team | Former SCP-RP Moderator