Sawick/Don Jon's Forum Diplomat application.

SawickM

Am I fit to become a Forums Diplomat?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Am I fit for this?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name:

Sawick/Don Jon/Del Meeko

Steam Name:

[GL] SawickM

SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:62241714

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?

I am a Senior Moderator on Imperial RP

How often are you online on the forums?

I am on the forums everyday. I usually check the forums 10-20 times a day (depending on my free time I have) and try to interact with the people on here as much as possible.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?

I believe I am qualified for this position for a multitude of reasons.

1. I am consistently interacting with people on here

2. I think this position will give me an opportunity to not only interact more with the Imperial RP community but will also give me the chance to interact with the GL community as a whole.

3. I keep it professional always and will continue to up hold that while fulfilling my duties with this position.

In all I think I'm qualified because of my professionalism, my activity on the forums and my dedication to the community and my drive to help make this community safer for all users. I've also been an active member of staff for many months and want to take the next step to continue to help as much as I can.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I have good judgement. In my real life I am a manger at a deli and pizzeria and have to make very quick snap decisions. My job requires dedication to not only my employees but also the customers I interact with. A situation that required my intervention went as following.

A fellow employee of mine was working on the grill in the kitchen and him and another employee started to argue. It was escalated because they were previously romantically involved. I had to intervene because the back and forth became a series of hurtful comments that led to nothing but devastating conclusions. I separated the two before the damage was done and sent them both home. It required me to increase my work flow for the day but it prevented a situation affecting the entire business day. I then reported the two employees to the owner and they were quickly dismissed from their positions because it became apparent to us that a situation like that would most likely occur again. It was especially hard for me to do that because I had to sacrifice more of my free to make up for the man hours that opened up because of their removal but it was an action that had to be taken.

I know when and where I need to intervene and how to judge a situation quickly and handle it appropriately.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

If it was a simple ban/warn I would guide them on how to make a proper appeal and where to do it 

If the ban was a permanent ban this is considered raiding our server. I would begin hiding the posts and establish contact with the Head Forums Diplomat (Nimo) and also let any other forums diplomats I have the contact information of if I need assistance hiding posts. If the user is posting NSFW content or racist/homophobic remarks I will contact a member of SMT and work with them to get rid of the person who wants to terrorize the users of our community and forums. If the user was reported I would inform the reporting user that  the situation has been handled.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

I would post message in the topic that reads as following "Message from forums diplomat Sawick. Please keep messages in this topics as + or - supports. If arguing continues to persist the topic will be locked and handed over to SMT where they will make their judgement from there. Thank you." If they continued to argue I would lock the topic hand it over to the corresponding SMT member so they can make their decision. If any of the posts were reported I would contact the reporting player and inform them on what happened.

Edited by Don Jon

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

On 5/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Adam. said:

+Support

- Nice & friendly guy.

- Good staff member.

- Good application.

Good luck!

Drayton

Former DT ØSC01/SH8 l Former IC VCOM Scorch l Former Iden Versio l Former SHGO Drayton

First Inferno Squad Senior Commander

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― G.K. Chesterton

On 5/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Adam. said:

+Support

- Nice & friendly guy.

- Good staff member.

- Good application.

Good luck!

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

• Manager

Accepted

Please show up for tomorrow's Forum Diplomat Training at 3PM EST. If you cannot make it please contact me on Discord

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

• Nimo locked this topic